New Survey Just Received

1ANGELCAT

...Plus, if they don't hire a priest or a lecturer, it's more cabins to sell.

I don't know about lecturers, but I do know that priests are considered "entertainers", and are normally placed in cabins reserved for them. They wouldn't be sold to paying passengers.

Now, that's not to say that the priest couldn't be replaced with another "entertainer". :(

I don't know about lecturers, but I do know that priests are considered "entertainers", and are normally placed in cabins reserved for them. They wouldn't be sold to paying passengers.
I have heard of entertainers being placed in paying passenger cabins that were vacant at debarkation time, either because they were never sold or were cancelled too close to sailing to be re-sold.

That was my first thought when I saw this thread yesterday. Struck fear in me, as I would hate to lose either of those.

I do put my appreciation of having on-board clergy on every post-cruise survey. I tend to take cruises that offer the enrichment lectures, and mention my appreciation of those, too. I don't know that I would still cruise HAL if either were removed from the offerings.

Excellent post - it expresses my feelings to a "T". Thanks, RuthC!

I have heard of entertainers being placed in paying passenger cabins that were vacant at debarkation time, either because they were never sold or were cancelled too close to sailing to be re-sold.

Three cruises we have been down the hallway from a priest or minister. One said he almost always gets a pax cabin, but once in a while a crew cabin.

We've also been down the hallway from shorex crew, an exercise trainer guy and the DRM, who told us he was keeping his fingers crossed that he would be able to stay in the pax cabin he had for another two weeks (this was a "C") and not have to go back to a crew cabin (although he was a 2 stripe officer).

We received one via e-mail yesterday and it started out - - -

We invite you to please complete this survey about how you approach your vacation planning, so that we can serve you better in the future. Because this survey was sent to a select group of past guests, we kindly ask that you not forward to others.

Didn't seem to be about any particular cruise. Filled it out and sent it on it's way.

I got both surveys. The first question in the first survey asked if I had recently sailed from "San"...:confused: I assumed they meant San Diego, as that was the last port I had sailed from.

The first question in the second survey asked if I had recently sailed to "South"....:confused: I assumed they meant South America, as that was the last cruise I sailed. I don't know why they keep cutting off the second part of names. :D

The questions were all the same as has been reported here. I said I get most of my information from Cruise Critic, Trip Advisor, and HAL, and that I want more onboard lecturers on my cruises.