Can't bring ice!

mykeb14

When we went thru security in Baltimore last Sunday, they took away my empty plastic soda bottle. She said no bottles allowed. I said but it is empty. No big deal, but you go into terminal and you can buy soda in plastic bottles from vending machine. :confused:

When we went thru security in Baltimore last Sunday, they took away my empty plastic soda bottle. She said no bottles allowed. I said but it is empty. No big deal, but you go into terminal and you can buy soda in plastic bottles from vending machine. :confused:

I am convinced they hire people with no brains of their own, so when they are told no bottles, they have no clue they actually mean no bottles with liquid in them. All they hear is no bottles, so they think, easy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It does, but this concerns me for my sister who needs the ice to keep her insulin cool. Guess I should give her the heads up.

Frozen gel bag. I always carry a few for my insulin. If any time you have a issue with it demand to talk to the medical department or customer services.

It is a medical necessity.

It has been like this for years. Whenever I have taken a cooler I have been asked several times if it has ice in it. When I said no there was no problem.

I guess a lot of people do not realize this.

Wait... do they not check inside?

did you have it in your hand?

It does, but this concerns me for my sister who needs the ice to keep her insulin cool. Guess I should give her the heads up.

That's simple, pack the insulin in it, dump the ice if requested, get on board, go to the atrium bar or lido and put ice in the bag:D

Soooo has anyone had experience trying to bring on an empty reusable bottle? Like a swell-type bottle?

All the time...never had a problem. Along with thousands of others. They sell refillable bottles on the ship.

There will always be occasions when individuals misunderstand instructions. It is important that you ask to speak to a supervisor immediately to verify the instructions or the misunderstanding will continue. If you find the supervisor supports some mindless directive, I believe you should immediately go to guest services have things clarified. I understand that it is no big deal to throw away an empty bottle and it may seem like a waste of time to get things straightened out but ignoring it helps no one.

just a thought

I have a tervis sippy cup I use for room-mixed drinks, (we order a bottle of Captain and diet cokes from The Fun Shops), which I bring to the pool. Hubby has a Carnival one purchased on board which comes along too. Never a problem. Stick in my carry-on bag.

I am convinced they hire people with no brains of their own, so when they are told no bottles, they have no clue they actually mean no bottles with liquid in them. All they hear is no bottles, so they think, easy.

You have to remember this: most people have the best job they could get. Recognition of this helps set expectations and keep the frustration level down when you encounter such stuff as this.

You have to remember this: most people have the best job they could get. Recognition of this helps set expectations and keep the frustration level down when you encounter such stuff as this.

I don't think it's really necessary to less of people. The rules say no bottles and you don't know if the employee was told to enforce something absolutely or not. They could get reamed out if they allow someone to go through even if it makes no sense.

At my airport there are signs all over saying "no bottles beyond this point" yet there are two soda vending machines "beyond that point." I seriously doubt it was the security guards - the ones that deal with the customers -that made that decision or put up the signs.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's really necessary to less of people. The rules say no bottles and you don't know if the employee was told to enforce something absolutely or not. They could get reamed out if they allow someone to go through even if it makes no sense.

At my airport there are signs all over saying "no bottles beyond this point" yet there are two soda vending machines "beyond that point." I seriously doubt it was the security guards - the ones that deal with the customers -that made that decision or put up the signs.

Your second sentence is incorrect.

Below is the quote from Carnival's website:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

The rules do not say no bottles only liquid in bottles.

Your second sentence is incorrect.

Below is the quote from Carnival's website:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

The rules do not say no bottles only liquid in bottles.

I'm well aware of what the rules say. I was referring to the security person who wouldn't let someone bring even an empty bottle. And my point was that you can't blame that person or try to diminish their intelligence because none of us has any idea of where he or she got that directive from. Carnival management often doesn't follow their own rules verbatim.