Current wines by the glass in Drink Packages

cle-guy

Here's a list of wines available under drink packages.

Prices up to $9 are covered under Classic, up to $13 covered by Premium. Apologize for the mixed case/CAPS, I manipulated in Adobe, and the Copperplate font used didn't come over neatly, and I didn't feel like retyping the text ....

I compiled it form the MDR menus posted by Pipo in their thread. This came from a Sept 21 2015 Reflection sailing.

Of course, it's subject to change on a whim, and may vary by ship and itinerary, all varietals may not necessarily be available at all times, and all wines may not be available at all venues.

Sparkling

• $8 Brut, Celebrity Vintages, Loire, France
  • $11 Brut, Domaine Chandon “Classic” California
  • $9 Cava Brut, Codorníu, “Anna de Codorníu, Spain
  • $9 PROSECCO, EXTRA DRY, FANTINEL, "CUVEE PRESTIGE", ITALY

WHITE WINES

• $8.50 ALBARINO, RAIMAT, "CASTELL DE RAIMAT", COSTERS DEL SEGRE
  • $8.50 CHARDONNAY, BENZIGER FAMILY WINERY, SONOMA COAST
  • $10.50 CHARDONNAY, CELEBRITY CRUISES, "CELLAR MASTER", CALIFORNIA
  • $9.50 CHENIN BLANC, KEN FORRESTER, STELLENBOSCH
  • $11 GRÜNER VELTLINER, ANTON BAUER, "GMÖRK", WAGRAM
  • $9 PINOT GRIGIO, BOLLINI, TRENTINO
  • $9 RIESLING, KABINETT, J. & H . SELBACH, MOSEL-SAAR-RUWER
  • $10.50 SAUVIGNON BLANC, CLIFFORD BAY, MARLBOROUGH
  • $8 VIOGNIER, JEAN-LUC COLOMBO, "LA VIOLETIE", LANGUEDOC

BLUSH / ROSE WINES

• $9 ROSE, JEAN-LUC COLOMBO, "CAPE BLEUE", COTES OE PROVENCE
  • $7 WHITE ZINFANDEL, BERINGER, CALIFORNIA

RED WINES

• $10.50 CABERNET SAUVIGNON "CELLAR MASTERS", CALIFORNIA
  • $9 CABERNET SAUVIGNON WENTE VINEYARDS, "HERITAGE BLEND”, SAN FRANCISCO BAY
  • $9 CARMÉNÈRE, MONTGRAS, 'RESERVA”, COLCHAGUA VALLEY
  • $10.50 CHIANTI CLASSICO, NOZZOLE, “VILLA DI NOZZOLE, TUSCANY
  • $9 MERLOT, CLOS LA CHANCE, CENTRAL COAST
  • $10.50 MALBEC, ALTA VISTA, “ALTA”, MENDOZA
  • $12.50 MÉDOC, CRU SUPÉRIEUR BOURGEOIS, CHÂEAU CASTERA, BORDEAUX
  • $10.50 PINOT NOIR, KENDALL-JACKASON, “VINTNER’S RESERVE”, CALIFORNIA
  • $9 SHIRAZ, ROSS ESTATE, “LIGHTS OUT”, BAROSSA VALLEY
  • $11 SYRAH/GRENACHE, PERRIN & FILS, VINSOBRES
  • $8.50 TEMPRANDILLO, CUNE, CRIANZA, RIOJA

Edited by cle-guy

That list may be current on Reflection but it's missing selections from when we did Solstice a few weeks ago to Alaska. I can only speak to the whites but I drank three different brands of Pinot Grigio and all were included in the Classic package. One was the Bollini, another was Mezzacorona and the third I was served in Cellar Masters...don't know the name since I asked for the Bollini and was told they didn't have it there but was offered a different one. The sommelier showed me the bottle and it was an Italian PG but unfortunately I didn't write down the name. Long story short, that list may be a basic list but there are definitely more options that aren't listed...just have to ask when onboard.

I found that if you let the Sommelier know what you like then they are more than happy to provide something in your package that is suitable.

That list may be current on Reflection but it's missing selections from when we did Solstice a few weeks ago to Alaska. I can only speak to the whites but I drank three different brands of Pinot Grigio and all were included in the Classic package. One was the Bollini, another was Mezzacorona and the third I was served in Cellar Masters...don't know the name since I asked for the Bollini and was told they didn't have it there but was offered a different one. The sommelier showed me the bottle and it was an Italian PG but unfortunately I didn't write down the name. Long story short, that list may be a basic list but there are definitely more options that aren't listed...just have to ask when onboard.

The Bollini is included above.

I do need to run thru the entire menu, I see there are some by the glass mixed in among the bottles that fall within package. On my TA this spring, the only by the glass in package were in the by the glass page, all those in the menu were over the limit.

I'll go thru the cellar masters menu next and add in any missing.

I was supposed to see this many available. I've read lots of threads where people say there are no options, and only 1 or 2 whites to choose from, so once I found all these, assumed this must be it. Nice to know there are in fact lots of choices, contrary to what some may post!

I have the Classic Package and I'll be happy with what's provided on this list without upgrading. Unless, of course, I have a lot of OBC left, then I have to decide whether to go premium, or to go gambling.:D

Thank you, Curt.

Edited by mafig

Thanks Cle-Guy!

Is your list based on a recent sailing? My experience on Reflection (last Nov) was that the wine list did not match availability. There wines listed but not available and wines available but not listed.

I believe that 1 of the cabs on your list should be covered under classic, and I hope its available when I sail Silhouette next month. It's unacceptable (to me) to have a drink package that doesn't include a cab.

Barwick - I had a different experience with the Sommelier/Wine Stewart. I was told that even upgrading would not help me because they did not have any cabs covered by a drink package. Did not find her to be very helpful at all

Edited by Queen of Oakville

Thanks Cle-Guy!

Is your list based on a recent sailing? My experience on Reflection (last Nov) was that the wine list did not match availability. There wines listed but not available and wines available but not listed.

I believe that 1 of the cabs on your list should be covered under classic, and I hope its available when I sail Silhouette next month. It's unacceptable (to me) to have a drink package that doesn't include a cab.

Barwick - I had a different experience with the Sommelier/Wine Stewart. I was told that even upgrading would not help me because they did not have any cabs covered by a drink package. Did not find her to be very helpful at all

Sorry you had that experience...maybe it was just that particular Sommelier? I don't drink reds so can't speak to Cabs, and prefer PG for my white choice and didn't have any problems this cruise. Most times, the Sommelier saw me seated for dinner and was already bringing a bottle over, left it in one of the chilled containers and the waiter or attendant would refill sometimes more often than necessary:D On our previous cruise, the Silhouette in the Med last June, they ran out of the Bollini with about 4 days left and began subbing another PG which was more expensive but I was never charged and only had the Classic package then as well. Guess I've been lucky so far with the staff and hope it doesn't change for the worse on our upcoming Summit b2b!!

By the way, did experience a bit of pressure the first day or two to upgrade but once I stated that I would stick with Classic I wasn't pressured anymore. They seem to try the first couple days and then leave you alone after that, thank goodness!

Sorry you had that experience...maybe it was just that particular Sommelier? I don't drink reds so can't speak to Cabs, and prefer PG for my white choice and didn't have any problems this cruise. Most times, the Sommelier saw me seated for dinner and was already bringing a bottle over, left it in one of the chilled containers and the waiter or attendant would refill sometimes more often than necessary:D On our previous cruise, the Silhouette in the Med last June, they ran out of the Bollini with about 4 days left and began subbing another PG which was more expensive but I was never charged and only had the Classic package then as well. Guess I've been lucky so far with the staff and hope it doesn't change for the worse on our upcoming Summit b2b!!

By the way, did experience a bit of pressure the first day or two to upgrade but once I stated that I would stick with Classic I wasn't pressured anymore. They seem to try the first couple days and then leave you alone after that, thank goodness!

It could be that we just didn't have the best Somelier. She was over-worked and busy to say the least! Like I said, I asked about upgrading and she told me not to bother.

From what I've read here, I'm not the only one who's had issues with Cab selection.

Maybe X is listening and that's why they have added one! My fingers are crossed it's in stock for our next cruise

Thanks Cle-Guy!

Queen were you sitting in Cellarmasters at the time? Or was she speaking of the whole ship. I was in Cellarmasters and I saw a number of people turned away with the classic package because they did not have a red that was covered.

Sparkling

• $9 Prosecco, Fantinel, Extra Dry, “Cuveé Prestige”, Friuli, Italy
  • $8 Saumer Brut, Celebrity Vintages, Loire, France

WHITE WINES

• $10.50 SAUVIGNON BLANC, CLIFFORD BAY, MARLBOROUGH New Zealand
  • $9.50 Chenin Blanc, Ken Forester, Stellenbosch, France
  • $7.50 Mâcon-Villages, Joseph Drouhin, Burgundy, France
  • $7.50 Pinot Grigio, Corte Giara, Veneto, Italy
  • $12.50 Reisling Spätlese, Joh. Jos. Christoffel Erben, Erdener Treppchen, Mosel, Germany
  • $11.50 Sauvignon Blanc, Sbragia, Fry Creek Valley, California
  • $6 Vernaccia di San Gimignaro, La Gentilesca, Abbazla Mt. Oliveto, Italy

BLUSH / ROSE WINES

RED WINES

• $8.50 TEMPRANILLO, CUNE, CRIANZA, RIOJA
  • $10 TEMPRANILLO. Muriel, Crianza, Roja, Spain
  • $9 Cannonau di Sardegna, Selta & Mosca, Riserva, Sardinia, Italy
  • $13 Crozes-Hermitage, Cave de Tain, L’Hermitage, Rhone, France
  • $13 Chianti Rùfina, Castello de Nipozzano Riserva, Frescobaldi, Tuscany, Italy
  • $12 Malbec, Zaha, Altamira, Mendoza, Argentina
  • $9 Garnacha, Bodegas España Autentica, “Zdeta, Z”, Priorat, Spain
  • $12.50 Merlot, Raymond, “Reserve”, Napa Valley, California
  • $8.50 Pinot Noir, Manos Negras, Neuquen, Patagonia, Argentina
  • $10 Toscana Rosso, Il Borro, Pian Di Nova, Tuscany, Italy

Edited by cle-guy

Queen were you sitting in Cellarmasters at the time? Or was she speaking of the whole ship. I was in Cellarmasters and I saw a number of people turned away with the classic package because they did not have a red that was covered.

First night in the MDR, I asked for a cab on the classic package and was told there wasn't any and would no be anything available on that sailing. I asked if going to Cellar Masters before dinner would be the option, and was told there were no cabs covered by any drink package on that sailing. The sommelier did find a shiraz for me that wasn't bad (it was not on the wine list though). In hindsight, I should have tried Cellar Masters myself to make sure.

It could be that we just didn't have the best Somelier. She was over-worked and busy to say the least! Like I said, I asked about upgrading and she told me not to bother.

From what I've read here, I'm not the only one who's had issues with Cab selection.

Maybe X is listening and that's why they have added one! My fingers are crossed it's in stock for our next cruise

There is 1 Cab under Classic (the Wente - which I have seen on my Connie, Summit and Siliei sailing sin November, Jan and April), 1 under Premium - Celebrity Vintages.

There are a few that are just out of premium,. I think that since Cab's are quite popular, this may be purposeful, and may also be related to pricing from vendors.

I always go for the Freemark Abbey for the upcharge ($3.50 if I recall), and honestly tend to just use my 20% discount to get nice bottles to try.

Edited by cle-guy

Here's reds from the Cellar Masters Menu:

Classic Package

• $9 Cannonau di Sardegna, Selta & Mosca, Riserva, Sardinia, Italy
  • $9 Garnacha, Bodegas España Autentica, “Zdeta, Z”, Priorat, Spain
  • $8.50 Pinot Noir, Manos Negras, Neuquen, Patagonia, Argentina

Premium Package

• $12.50 Merlot, Raymond, “Reserve”, Napa Valley, California
  • $10 Toscana Rosso, Il Borro, Pian Di Nova, Tuscany
  • $13 Crozes-Hermitage, Cave de Tain, L’Hermitage, Rhone, France
  • $13 Chianti Rùfina, Castello de Nipozzano Riserva, Frescobaldi, Tuscany, Italy
  • $12 Malbec, Zaha, Altamira, Mendoza, Argentina

Hoping that the Raymond Reserve Merlot, the Bordeaux and the KJ Pinot Noir are available in my Dec sailing.

They didn't have Raymond on my May summit cruise and both Pinot Noir and Bordeaux were running low. My wine pourer, eh sorry, Sommelier found the last of the Bordeaux but not before showing that she was not happy with my choice.

Just of the Silhouette and we upgraded to the Premium package. Even then I could not find a white that was even halfway decent. Ended up ordering a Pouilly Fume and paying the extra 0.50 cents. I guess the selection is fine if you like Californian wines but as I don't I had a real problem. I asked the Somellier if there was a Chilean white available by the glass and he said "no", no suggestion as to any alternative.

We had really bad service from both the waiter and the somellier on this trip, no one asked if our meal/wine was OK, no one offered to refill our glasses. Not impressed.:(

Here's a list of wines available under drink packages.

Prices up to $9 are covered under Classic, up to $13 covered by Premium. Apologize for the mixed case/CAPS, I manipulated in Adobe, and the Copperplate font used didn't come over neatly, and I didn't feel like retyping the text ....

I compiled it form the MDR menus posted by Pipo in their thread. This came from a Sept 21 2015 Reflection sailing.

Of course, it's subject to change on a whim, and may vary by ship and itinerary, all varietals may not necessarily be available at all times, and all wines may not be available at all venues.

Sparkling

WHITE WINES

• $10.50 SAUVIGNON BLANC, CLIFFORD BAY, MARLBOROUGH

BLUSH / ROSE WINES

RED WINES

• $8.50 TEMPRANDILLO, CUNE, CRIANZA, RIOJA

Where is the $13.50 price glass that sandtrap328 was talking about as being ridiculous on this thread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2265431

Let us all remember what Cle said in his original post about additional wines being available and some out of stock particularly on cruises outside the USA. Someone in the thread said the sommelier offered them wines outside the $9 limit and covered them with the classic package. Have found this always to be true. After a week or two on board they try to accommodate and will often provide something a bit extra - especially if you provide a bit of a tip on night #1 or #2. same situation when ordering at a bar. Try to buy your drinks for the same bartender and if they get to know you your service and selection will improve; particularly if you are nice to them. They work hard!

Where is the $13.50 price glass that sandtrap328 was talking about as being ridiculous on this thread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2265431

It is only the menu, but I left it off this post as I have only included by the glass pricing WITHIN the packages. The Fume is indeed 50 cents out of the package.

There are MANY more by the glass wines I have not captured, because they are outside the packages.

It was that post that got me to post this one!

I had a different experience with the Sommelier/Wine Stewart. I was told that even upgrading would not help me because they did not have any cabs covered by a drink package. Did not find her to be very helpful at all

We had a Female Sommelier in the MDR tell us the same when we were on the Reflection in Nov 2013. The next dinner service we came in with our blue plastic glasses from the Sunset Bar, the look of horror on her face!

She still would not make an attempt, so after soup n salad, I went and fetched the dear wifester another and returned with the ugly blue plastic glass yet again. She quickly poured it into a regular wine glass, and before dinner was over had a bottle on the table.;)

Story over, back to talking about smashed grapes in bottles!:D

Edited by wallie5446

It is only the menu, but I left it off this post as I have only included by the glass pricing WITHIN the packages. The Fume is indeed 50 cents out of the package.

There are MANY more by the glass wines I have not captured, because they are outside the packages.

It was that post that got me to post this one!

Sorry Curt, my failed speed reading class caught up with me yet again.:o

I am one of those people who actually like the Celebrity Chardonnay. Yes, I know it is made by Kendall Jackson, but I find it closer in style to the Grand Reserve, not the standard Vintner's Reserve. On my last cruise in Aqua, I had a fabulous sommelier who took wonderful care of me. By night three, a glass of the chard appeared within seconds of my being seated and he never let it get below 1/2 full. He was also very good at recommending a number of other wines within the Premium package. So much of the wine service, particularly on the package really depends on your wine steward. I like good wine, but am not terribly knowledgable about non-American wines, so having someone advise me was wonderful. I tipped him well and complemented him highly in the survey after the cruise.

Edited by Straughn

I am one of those people who actually like the Celebrity Chardonnay. Yes, I know it is made by Kendall Jackson, but I find it closer in style to the Grand Reserve, not the standard Vintner's Reserve. On my last cruise in Aqua, I had a fabulous sommelier who took wonderful care of me. By night three, a glass of the chard appeared within seconds of my being seated and he never let it get below 1/2 full. He was also very good at recommending a number of other wines within the Premium package. So much of the wine service, particularly on the package really depends on your wine steward. I like good wine, but am not terribly knowledgable about non-American wines, so having someone advise me was wonderful. I tipped him well and complemented him highly in the survey after the cruise.

Who makes the X Cab?

I might need to try the X Chardonnay on my next cruise if you say it is closer to the Grand Reserve.

Edited by Sandy1975