how to keep track of on board account

creel5857

Boytjie,

You may be right about swiping a card, come to think of it. I was on Princess back in 2012, so my memory may be a little foggy. I do remember it was self service and it was easy to do.

Roz

Don't you have to swipe your cruise card? I thought that is what we had to do on the Regal Princess, but I could be mistaken, though I don't think I could print my SO's account.

Yes, you swipe your card. There wasn't a way you could enter your cabin number on the ships I've been on (sapphire princess and emerald princess).

A spreadsheet on vacation? Really?

Of course I don't take it on the cruise. It is a planning tool so I know exactly how much money I want to spend, or should expect to spend. I then take enough cash to cover what I do not want to put on credit cards.

Best of all, it keeps a $15K cruise from becoming a $20K cruise without my realizing it!

A spreadsheet on vacation? Really?
Sure! I've got my netbook so why not? It's only a one column spreadsheet where each night I enter the day's on-board charges, then toss the receipts in a drawer. Every 3 or 4 days I get an interim print-out from the front desk, and if the running totals don't match I only have to look back to the last checkpoint.

No internet upgrade yet on the Eurodam.

their drydock - they will most likely upgrade their internet while in drydock in December then. Thought being they were using the app that it might have been done already.

Was the ship in good condition - we cruised on the Eurodam last November for the Collector's Cruise. Doing it again over Thanksgiving into December this year. Hoping it's as wonderful as last year - we found out after booking she was going into drydock after our cruise ends.

Sure! I've got my netbook so why not? It's only a one column spreadsheet where each night I enter the day's on-board charges, then toss the receipts in a drawer. Every 3 or 4 days I get an interim print-out from the front desk, and if the running totals don't match I only have to look back to the last checkpoint.

I just do it from my phone since it also can handle basic spreadsheets. Quick and simple.

I forgot to mention that about every 2 or 3 days I ask for new copies of our ship account.

Too often a surprise shows up -- and not a good one.

One thing that has markedly cut down on 'surprises' is to have the soda, etc removed form the cabin on the 1st day if it is a pay by can situation. Also an account review every now and again.

their drydock - they will most likely upgrade their internet while in drydock in December then. Thought being they were using the app that it might have been done already.

Was the ship in good condition - we cruised on the Eurodam last November for the Collector's Cruise. Doing it again over Thanksgiving into December this year. Hoping it's as wonderful as last year - we found out after booking she was going into drydock after our cruise ends.

We thought the ship was in very good condition, but we weren't looking for wear and tear. It was our second cruise on the Eurodam and other than the internet, we had no complaints. We had a terrible storm leaving Prince Edward Island and the captain did a fantastic job keeping us safe in over 120 mile an hour winds. We did list at 7 degrees and it was an interesting few hours. Luckily it was in the middle of the night and most people were in their cabins. We had a few glasses fly off of our desk, but no breakage

If everyone reading this thread would go to the front desk each morning and request a copy of their account while lamenting that an interactive feature on the TV would certainly be better, I'm sure word would filter back to get those upfits done ASAP...

If everyone reading this thread would go to the front desk each morning and request a copy of their account while lamenting that an interactive feature on the TV would certainly be better, I'm sure word would filter back to get those upfits done ASAP...

Love your optimism! :)