Any way to send a crew member something from Bon Voyage?

rok233

Just wondering if there's anyway to send a crew member something for their Birthday from the Carnival website?

Probably not... I've not tried that exact thing, but I've sent a gift to a passenger before, and the shopping cart asks for the guest's name and sailing date. So I really don't see how you could send something to a crew member through that system. Their name wouldn't show up -- only passengers.

There must be a way to mail or ship a package, though. Good luck.

Probably not... I've not tried that exact thing, but I've sent a gift to a passenger before, and the shopping cart asks for the guest's name and sailing date. So I really don't see how you could send something to a crew member through that system. Their name wouldn't show up -- only passengers.

There must be a way to mail or ship a package, though. Good luck.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Wow! I would have never of thought of something from BVE. That is a great idea. Or to bad if you knew what kind of places they like shopping on the islands, you could give them a gift card. I know they have to shop for personal items as well.

I wonder if you called if they could do an order that way?

Business Hours

8:00am-12:00am EST

Monday through Sunday

800 522-7648 / Extension 70039

If that doesn't work, I'd contact John Heald through his Facebook page, I bet he could make it happen.

• 5 months later...

Could always write a commendation letter. That goes a long way towards their seniority and ability to negotiate their next contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Could always write a commendation letter. That goes a long way towards their seniority and ability to negotiate their next contract.

Exactly! The best thing you can do for a crew member other than extra cash is a letter to the head office about how wonderful they treated you. Nothing better than Kudo's from customers. That helps them move up into another area of the ship. I am sure they would rather not be a steward for the rest of their life.

Sadie, this is a great idea. The crew have very little living space, they can buy booze cheap on the ship, and remember they are there to make a living.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if someone else has already provided you this information.

You can order items from the Fun Shops for crew members however, those orders can only be handled over the phone.

Business Hours for Sales and Service

Monday through Sunday

http://www.carnival.com/funshops

Hi Everyone,

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if someone else has already provided you this information.

You can order items from the Fun Shops for crew members however, those orders can only be handled over the phone.

Business Hours for Sales and Service

Monday through Sunday

http://www.carnival.com/funshops

Thank you Michelle, I appreciate the info!

Sometimes a good word to their superior is also well appreciated.

On our last Cruise, one of the Assistant Waiters, Tobing, was very very good. Much better than his Lead or the other Assistant Waiter. I made it a point to seek out the Maitre d' and let him know how much we appreciated Tobing. The Maitre D' let me know that just that day he had promoted him.

Running my own business, I appreciate when customers let me know how well my employees do. And I show it to the Employees.

If you get really good service from a crew member. Mention it in post cruise surveys, but also find their boss on the ship and let them know too.