American Express cardholders, check your AMEX offers - 125 back on 500 with Celebrity

JasonV1

Expires 11/5. Remember not everyone gets the same Amex offers so no guarantees here. The nice thing is AMEX does the cashback very fast so you won't have to wait long to get it.

I did not get an e-mail about this offer, I simply checked my Amex Offers tab today and saw it.

I got this on a Delta Skymiles Amex.

Text:

Details

Get a one-time $125 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $500 or more to purchase a Celebrity Cruise at celebritycruises.com between 10/5/15 and 11/5/15. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer valid for online reservations, via phone, and via travel agent only. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfer/transportation to the ship. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/5/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BWEL:0001

FYI, I had my TA pay $500 towards an upcoming cruise (ahead of final payment date) and AMEX confirmed I used the offer within a couple of minutes.

Great deal if you were offered it, easiest thing to do is just pay off a portion of an upcoming cruise if you don't have any new bookings to make prior to 11/5.

Important to note that deal participation is usually capped, although I doubt a purchase requirement this large will hit the limit. That being said, add the deal to your account today even if you can't make the purchase today, as that preserves the deal for you. Don't wait until 11/4 to add the deal to your account as it may not be there anymore.

Edited by JasonV1

FYI, I had my TA pay $500 towards an upcoming cruise (ahead of final payment date) and AMEX confirmed I used the offer within a couple of minutes.

Great deal if you were offered it, easiest thing to do is just pay off a portion of an upcoming cruise if you don't have any new bookings to make prior to 11/5.

I am interpreting this to mean it can be used on existing cruises, not just new bookings -correct?

Which amex did you use? Noted OP had Delta Amex, curious to see if it's limited to that particular card.

Yep, Amex is just looking for a purchase.

Buying OBC may not count (I didn't review the TOS word by word), but paying money towards a cruise certainly does.

They also had one for another line (NCL) that expires in a few days, same deal. I log in at least once a week to see what new offers they have as most of them are unannounced.

Also, if you have a two people on an account make sure both have web logins and check the AMEX Offers for both. Sometimes both cards get the same offer, but that didn't happen this time for me. I have gotten other deals on both cards on the same account before, but usually for smaller amounts of cash back.

I am interpreting this to mean it can be used on existing cruises, not just new bookings -correct?

This is great to know. Hubby has an AMEX card and when I called him to tell him of this he didn't even know there were offers like that available. Hopefully his card offers this reward, but even if it doesn't it good to know to watch for these offers in the future! Thanks.

Sams Club started taking AMEX last week. There is even an AMEX Offer right now for 25 back on a Sams Club Membership purchase (they start at $45).

Isn't Costco losing the Amex card in favor of a competitor soon? I swore that was big news sometime this year...?

They are at the bottom of the summary page for me (right when I log in), just make he scrolls through them all using the show more button.

Most will probably be worthless, but you'd be surprised.

This is great to know. Hubby has an AMEX card and when I called him to tell him of this he didn't even know there were offers like that available. Hopefully his card offers this reward, but even if it doesn't it good to know to watch for these offers in the future! Thanks.

Isn't Costco losing the Amex card in favor of a competitor soon? I swore that was big news sometime this year...?

Yes, it is going to Visa and i believe Citibank will be issuing Costco visa cards. You can use Amex through March 2016.

Fyi, not in my SPG Amex offers either.

Edited by Sandy1975

Yes. I believe that as of 4/1/16 Amex will no longer be accepted at Costco and Visa will be accepted.

Edited by dabear

I have the Premier Rewards Gold AMEX and I scrolled through the benefits section, but no such deal on =X=.

Great deal, though, for those who have it. Thanks for posting this, JasonV1. I did find a few interesting deals that I signed up for as I scrolled through looking for the =X= deal. ;)

I have the Premier Rewards Gold AMEX and I scrolled through the benefits section, but no such deal on =X=.

Great deal, though, for those who have it. Thanks for posting this, JasonV1. I did find a few interesting deals that I signed up for as I scrolled through looking for the =X= deal. ;)

Same for me. I never knew those deals were there. I snagged up the $100 airline incidentals credit and a Renaissance hotels credit (staying at one next week pre-cruise!) but couldn't see one for X -- NCL and Crystal were the cruise options.

Edited by cle-guy

Same for me. I never knew those deals were there. I snagged up the $100 airline incidentals credit and a Renaissance hotels credit (staying at one next week pre-cruise!) but couldn't see one for X -- NCL and Crystal were the cruise options.

I signed up for Renaissance, too. Do you recall the details of the NCL and Crystal offers?

Nothing on my Gold card - I think as someone pointed out it's likely tied to your spend. We haven't traveled much this year thanks to life intervening (and planning a wedding in 6 months), so most of my offers are restaurants and shopping.

I had no idea the offers were there though...thanks for pointing them out! There were a couple interesting there.