Aqua Class?

Nana57

We are booked in a Veranda on our 14 night Caribbean cruise for the end of November. Thinking of switching to Aqua Class, manly because of Blu. Have never been in Aqua Class and am wondering if $1,200 more in price would be worth it. We received a $500 discount on our veranda from a resident discount. Changing to Aqua Class we would get 1 perk now (no resident discount anymore). We probably would choose the beverage package. We are elite members on Celebrity. Is Aqua Class worth the extra cost?

We are booked in a Veranda on our 14 night Caribbean cruise for the end of November. Thinking of switching to Aqua Class, manly because of Blu. Have never been in Aqua Class and am wondering if $1,200 more in price would be worth it. We received a $500 discount on our veranda from a resident discount. Changing to Aqua Class we would get 1 perk now (no resident discount anymore). We probably would choose the beverage package. We are elite members on Celebrity. Is Aqua Class worth the extra cost?

For $1200, I say no.

The only calculable perk is the Persian Gardens pass, $149 for 7 days for a couple if paid directly.

Only you can decide of you think BLU will be worth $500 per person, or $75 a day..... I say take that cash and dine in specialties all week.

You will get mixed answers I'm sure on this. We love Blu, it is such a nice dining experience. Having said that I would not pay the extra, not worth it for me. You do get access to the persian garden so you may see value there and of course there is value in the drink package which may sway my vote there. Still $1200.00 will buy many drinks and a few specialty restaurants.

Our 1st sailing on Celebrity was in 1994, and this Nov will be our 1st in an Aqua category cabin. The only reason was at the time we booked, it was less than a standard veranda, and we got all 3 perks.

Our experience in the MDR has been good to very good, we also book a 3 night specialty pkg. IMHO :D there is no dinning venue on Celebrity that offers $1200.00 of additional quality over the MDR.

Stay put.

Edited by wallie5446

Just off the Summit. Did enjoy Blu, but don't think worst another $1000.

In the 2 weeks never did go to the Persian Gardens. Did use the sauna in

the Solarium pool area.

Would spend the difference on the Speciality restaurants. We really

enjoyed Normandy and Quisine

We pretty much only book aqua class but it's only worth a maximum of $200 a cruise (per person) to us over the price of any unobstructed view veranda cabin...and that's for Blu...we don't use the other perks.

On the s-class ships, there really is no difference between the A1/2's and the other balcony cabins, other than location....size of the room is exactly the same. On the M-class, the aqua cabins on deck 9 are actually in worse locations than the non-aqua verandas...and while the deck 11 A's are much quieter and desirable, that's changing on the summit and infinity where they are putting a theater and cabanas above the cabins....no mention of the millennium or the constellation so deck 11 may still be good on those two ships.

Am I understanding that for $600/person they'd get AQ and a drink package for 14 days? I'd do that in a heartbeat. I wouldn't do it just for AQ, but 14 days of Blu+unlimited drinks+Persian Gardens would be worth $600 easily. That's $43/day/person.

If drink package weren't included, definitely not. If it were 7 days instead of 14, probably not.

Am I understanding that for $600/person they'd get AQ and a drink package for 14 days? I'd do that in a heartbeat. I wouldn't do it just for AQ, but 14 days of Blu+unlimited drinks+Persian Gardens would be worth $600 easily. That's $43/day/person.

If drink package weren't included, definitely not. If it were 7 days instead of 14, probably not.

I did notice that, the drink package.... but as Elite they'll get a bunch of free drinks anyway... so I guess it's up to them to decide if the drink thing is worth it.

We never buy the package, we always take it if offered for free and we too are E+

I

I would also vote no, in spite of loving Blu. For the extra $1200 you could choose the Ultimate dining package. This was still available in April of this year. It is $29pp/per night and you can dine in any of the Specialty restaurants. $58 x 14 = $812. You's still have nearly $400 for wine if you chose that.

I think most of the early posters missed the fact you were talking about 14 nights. The beverage package is worth more than the cost of the upgrade. Plus you eat in BLU for two weeks and have use of the Persian Gardens. And it's a nicer stateroom due to the shower (so long as you don't prefer the undersized tub). The math may not work for one week may for two.

I think most of the early posters missed the fact you were talking about 14 nights. The beverage package is worth more than the cost of the upgrade. Plus you eat in BLU for two weeks and have use of the Persian Gardens. And it's a nicer stateroom due to the shower (so long as you don't prefer the undersized tub). The math may not work for one week may for two.

:o:o

Once again checking CC while at work, and the speed reading class I failed in college :D

14 days, Aqua with BLU & the Gardens, and both have the Classic drink pkg, for $600 each, or

Elite breakfast, Bloody Mary's included still, right? Elite Happy hour, 3 drinks each evening, and the $600 each to use for _________?

yup, it now becomes a harder call to make.

ps: the extra CC points for the Aqua cabin. How far from E+ are you?

Edited by wallie5446

Didn't miss it, but being Friday night as I sip a beer and looking forward to our two and a half months in the Caribbean this winter almost all of it on the Summit, the "free bevies" is starting to sound a lot more important... especially in the Caribbean! :p

We did Aqua Class for the first time this past November and loved the cabin and cabin amenities such as the shower, fruit everyday, and upgraded room service menu. I enjoyed Blu, my other half not so much, however; I would be perfectly fine with the MDR. Based on your situation, we would upgrade, but only because we would purchase the beverage package anyway and this way for the same price or cheaper we'd get a nicer room. We just booked a 13 night Greek Isles cruise and it was $600 more per person to upgrade from the window cabin to AC. We stuck with the window because the drink package was already included. To me, AC is only worth a couple hundred more. In fact would probably only book it if we were reserving so far out that with the added perks of drink package, gratuities etc made it roughly equal to or just marginally more than an inside once you added on the perks.