Celebrity eclipse dining attire

Boo37dog

Could anyone please help - we are cruising with celebrity eclipse in November to the Caribbean and whilst I've looked at what the attire is for thr main dining room I can't find what the attire is for the speciality restaurants like the French and Asian one, thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Most cruise lines state the dress code is through out the ship, so if tonight is a formal night, it is a formal night everywhere.

However, each cruise line can be a little different. So, for Celebrity specifics, it is best to ask on the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Celebrity, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Edited by CruiserBruce

Could anyone please help - we are cruising with celebrity eclipse in November to the Caribbean and whilst I've looked at what the attire is for thr main dining room I can't find what the attire is for the speciality restaurants like the French and Asian one, thanks
It is smart casual for the specialty restaurants, even on formal nights.

Here is how Celebrity describes smart casual and, yes, jeans are okay:

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the 'Smart Casual and Above: dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

The specialty restaurants on Celebrity are always smart casual dress. Formal nights are only for the MDR.

As far as what "smart casual" means, on the British Isles cruise last June men were fine wearing jeans in good shape with a collared shirt. I was fine in pants and a reasonable shirt.

You will find that in Murano, the French specialty, most people do dress up more than in the other specialties. We dine in Murano every night, and rarely do we see anyone in just a shirt and trousers and the women DO tend to wear nicer dresses or trouser suits. Even on formal nights, when they don't require formal, you will see most men in suits and the women dressed very nicely.

We cruised on Eclipse for a 14 night (3 formal night) cruise back in 2014. Celebrity is our line of choice and is a more refined experience. While the specialty restaurants, Blu and the new suite restaurant are "smart casual" people are dressed up more than on other lines. Many people in those venues will be dressed formal. Long gown, short cocktail, men is tuxes, suites and a minimum a blazer. You may feel very under dressed if you go more casual that a nice dress and blazer on formal nights.

We very much like Celebrity Solstice class ship such as the Eclipse.

We no longer bother taking formal clothes on cruises. Our custom is to travel with carry on only.

When we are on Celebrity we always dine at an alternate venue on formal night. Could be the Bistro, the buffet, or one of the other pay dining venues.

There are many things that we like about Celebrity. One of them is the fact that their alternate dining venues on formal nights have a casual dress requirement.

We very much like Celebrity Solstice class ship such as the Eclipse.

We no longer bother taking formal clothes on cruises. Our custom is to travel with carry on only.

When we are on Celebrity we always dine at an alternate venue on formal night. Could be the Bistro, the buffet, or one of the other pay dining venues.

There are many things that we like about Celebrity. One of them is the fact that their alternate dining venues on formal nights have a casual dress requirement.

I noticed on my last few Celebrity cruises (Caribbean), that there wasn't much really formal attire at the formal dinners. On one cruise I wore two formal dress and felt very, very over dressed. On my next cruise I wore more cocktail attire and still felt somewhat overdressed. A lot of plain black dresses or black tops and slacks and some very casual dresses on some women. Only a few men in tuxes and a few suits, mostly sports jackets and slacks and even some in jeans and long sleeve shirts with no ties. For my January cruise on the Eclipse, I'm just taking two black dresses.

The various dress codes always seem to be a hot topic. Even with the same cruise line the reality can differ depending on the time of year and where it sails from.

We sailed on the Solstice, sailing from Rome (lots of Italians) and very few people dressed 'formally'. In any case the speciality restaurants and Blu are always smart casual and jeans and a shirt are fine.

We sailed on the Equinox from Southampton one October with lots of British, and it was a lot more formal, even in the Blu restaurant were the only two not in formal dress.

We prefer the move to less formal dress, it is too uncomfortable and takes too much room in cases. However we have no problem if others wish to dress formally.