Question to the Summit experts re: cabins

Cruizen Susan

We've never sailed on the Summit and I don't know the layout of the ship, other than the deck plans online. Could I get some opinions on the best balcony or aqua cabins? It's a Bermuda sailing from Cape Liberty and it's early with lots of cabins available.

Thanks so much!

Hi,

First 8 balcony cabins both port/strbd have double-deep space. Labeled the 'sweet sixteen' not showing on diagrams. These often sell first.

SEE PIC Infinity like Summit layout

Cat 6 oceanview 3112 through 3144 are the upgraded cabins with oversize windows compared to standard OV.

We were on Summit Bermuda this August - Aqua class Blu restaurant was disappointing, food delivery slow, entrees just warm. Aqua class cabins - many under pool area and there are reports of poolside chairs scraping noise from above. STRATEGY - go lower price veranda cabins and upgrade later if Agua cabin prices reduced.

Good Luck

191390260_Infinityfwdverandassmallview.jpg.34b9dcac3ea2a50dd6f9fee0d4ae9994.jpg

Edited by greydog

Hi,

First 8 balcony cabins both port/strbd have double-deep space. Labeled the 'sweet sixteen' not showing on diagrams. These often sell first.

SEE PIC Infinity like Summit layout

Cat 6 oceanview 3112 through 3144 are the upgraded cabins with oversize windows compared to standard OV.

We were on Summit Bermuda this August - Aqua class Blu restaurant was disappointing, food delivery slow, entrees just warm. Aqua class cabins - many under pool area and there are reports of poolside chairs scraping noise from above. STRATEGY - go lower price veranda cabins and upgrade later if Agua cabin prices reduced.

Good Luck

I did a search for them this morning and 16's are all taken for all 2016 sailings. Managed to get an aft CC on deck 8. Good luck.

I did a search for them this morning and 16's are all taken for all 2016 sailings. Managed to get an aft CC on deck 8. Good luck.

Check occasionally if any of the '16 cancelled, especially week around final pay deadline. Good Luck

We've never sailed on the Summit and I don't know the layout of the ship' date=' other than the deck plans online. Could I get some opinions on the best balcony or aqua cabins? It's a Bermuda sailing from Cape Liberty and it's early with lots of cabins available.[/quote'] When it comes to "best" cabins so much just comes down to personal preference.

Some like aft cabins overlooking the wake and some like to be close to the center of the ship.

Others love the "sweet 16" cabins that greydog described.

For aqua class on Summit, the A1 cabins on both sides of deck 11 are preferred by those who like sun as they have very little cover

while the A2 cabins on deck 9 are preferred by those who like shade because they are under a deep overhang.

There are also five rear-facing A1 aft cabins on the back of deck 11 that have deeper balconies.

Some passengers really like those and others don't care for them.

Their main attractions, besides the deeper balconies, are that they provide great panoramic views looking outward at the railing, as well as easy access to the rear stairways leading down to the bar deck below.

But they also have a number of drawbacks, and are recessed quite a distance inward from the back of the ship.

Their downward views are obstructed by a canopy and public deck extending out directly below.

A flagpole sticks up in the center at the back of the ship, which can be annoying when taking photos from deck 11.

Some of the aft balconies are more private than others, being visible to people on the public deck below. (This is a concern for some passengers, while others don't care.)

There is no breeze back there, so the aft balconies can get too hot to use on a Caribbean cruise. On the other hand, the lack of breeze can be an asset on cold weather cruises.

Additionally, there have been quite a few discussions of the impact of noise from the deck 12 outdoor movies on deck 11 cabins, and noise from deck 10 public areas above some of the deck 9 cabins.

I play it safe and always bring along earplugs.

You may find it helpful to look at the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum

M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

and do a search there for whichever cabin numbers you are considering.

Summit is adding a movie venue to Deck 12 which might impact the Aqua staterooms on Deck 11.

We liked the A2 cabins because of the overhang, don't like a lot of sun. Our last Summit sailing was in a Celebrity Suite on Deck 6 and we thought it was a great location.

When it comes to "best" cabins so much just comes down to personal preference.

Some like aft cabins overlooking the wake and some like to be close to the center of the ship.

Others love the "sweet 16" cabins that greydog described.

For aqua class on Summit, the A1 cabins on both sides of deck 11 are preferred by those who like sun as they have very little cover

while the A2 cabins on deck 9 are preferred by those who like shade because they are under a deep overhang.

There are also five rear-facing A1 aft cabins on the back of deck 11 that have deeper balconies.

Some passengers really like those and others don't care for them.

You guys are great. We tend to love Aft, but will settle for mid-ship if need be. Seems like the better cabins on this sailing are concierge rather than Aqua. So be it, I'll give up Blu this time. No biggie.

Their main attractions, besides the deeper balconies, are that they provide great panoramic views looking outward at the railing, as well as easy access to the rear stairways leading down to the bar deck below.

But they also have a number of drawbacks, and are recessed quite a distance inward from the back of the ship.

Their downward views are obstructed by a canopy and public deck extending out directly below.

A flagpole sticks up in the center at the back of the ship, which can be annoying when taking photos from deck 11.

Some of the aft balconies are more private than others, being visible to people on the public deck below. (This is a concern for some passengers, while others don't care.)

There is no breeze back there, so the aft balconies can get too hot to use on a Caribbean cruise. On the other hand, the lack of breeze can be an asset on cold weather cruises.

Additionally, there have been quite a few discussions of the impact of noise from the deck 12 outdoor movies on deck 11 cabins, and noise from deck 10 public areas above some of the deck 9 cabins.

I play it safe and always bring along earplugs.

You may find it helpful to look at the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum

M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

and do a search there for whichever cabin numbers you are considering.

I appreciate all the tips! I may give up Aqua this sailing for a better location in C1. We tend to love Aft but if need be will take mid-ship and higher decks.

I appreciate all the tips! I may give up Aqua this sailing for a better location in C1. We tend to love Aft but if need be will take mid-ship and higher decks.

If you love the aft staterooms, would you consider an S1? If so, check to see if 6145 or 6146 are available. They are right next to the PHs and have larger balconies as well as larger, well appointed bathrooms. These are the prize S1s on the M Class ships.

Randy

We did the summit Aug 2015 to Bermuda. We really like our A1 cabin up on deck 11. We were on the port side and could see Kings Wharf. I have booked the same cabin on Millie for January 2017. I thought they were already doing some movies up on deck 12. Well I seem to never here much noise. Oh that is not true. Had a C2 cabin and had kids running down the hall at ten and eleven at night just about every night. We seem to only book Aqua now.

If you love the aft staterooms, would you consider an S1? If so, check to see if 6145 or 6146 are available. They are right next to the PHs and have larger balconies as well as larger, well appointed bathrooms. These are the prize S1s on the M Class ships.

Randy

Oh WOW those are GREAT cabins. Alas though they are not available for the desired sailing. I will definitely keep them in mind for future cruises!!

Thanks again, all!

Pardon my thread jack but DW and I are taking our first cruise and we will be aboard the Summit in January. We are in 9183 I believe and I am curious about the state room. I've been looking for pictures to give me a better understanding of room size and whatnot but I am hard pressed to find any specifics. Would anyone happen to have pictures of this specific cabin or one close by? I'm 6'5" so any information would help out.

I've been trying to educate myself and this forum has been a wealth of information.

Thank you

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Which cabins are the Sweet 16? I'm a little confused by "first 8 balcony cabins" -s that first 8 counting from cabin #7014 or from #7078?

Neither - They are the first 8 balcony cabins on each side of deck 6.

Here is a labeled photo someone posted that gets re-posted a lot whenever this subject comes up.

Notice how the balconies of the Sweet 16s are deeper than the standard sized balcony of 6032 directly behind them.

The balconies come all the way out to the side of the ship, providing clear, unobstructed views down to the water as nothing else sticks out below them.

celebrity-millennium-sweet-sixteen.jpg

Oh WOW those are GREAT cabins. Alas though they are not available for the desired sailing. I will definitely keep them in mind for future cruises!!

Thanks again' date=' all![/quote']

6131/6132 may be the next two best S1's, larger angled balcony and slightly larger. I'll have pictures after next week ;)

Neither - They are the first 8 balcony cabins on each side of deck 6.

Here is a labeled photo someone posted that gets re-posted a lot whenever this subject comes up.

Notice how the balconies of the Sweet 16s are deeper than the standard sized balcony of 6032 directly behind them.

The balconies come all the way out to the side of the ship, providing clear, unobstructed views down to the water as nothing else sticks out below them.

celebrity-millennium-sweet-sixteen.jpg

Thank you - that really helps!

Thank you! I'm going to look now!

Susan

If you search the main board forum for posts of "Summit 6132", you will find a posting showing pictures of the stateroom from 2011 along with a picture of the balcony. Summit has undergone an upgrade since that time, so the furnishings today may be a bit different, but you should get a good diea as to whether or not this is a reasonable alternative.

The other thing to consider, is 6132 is fairly open to others viewing you on the balcony, so it may not give you privacy if that is important to you. As well, it may be a bit windy while at sea.

I tried to copy the link of the picture, but my technological expertise leaves a lot to be desired. The posting is by fleckle dated Jan 22/14.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

Susan

If you search the main board forum for posts of "Summit 6132", you will find a posting showing pictures of the stateroom from 2011 along with a picture of the balcony. Summit has undergone an upgrade since that time, so the furnishings today may be a bit different, but you should get a good diea as to whether or not this is a reasonable alternative.

The other thing to consider, is 6132 is fairly open to others viewing you on the balcony, so it may not give you privacy if that is important to you. As well, it may be a bit windy while at sea.

I tried to copy the link of the picture, but my technological expertise leaves a lot to be desired. The posting is by fleckle dated Jan 22/14.

Randy

Such thoughtful, helpful, fellow cruisers!! I do prefer privacy, but actually don't mind the wind! I will do a search, per your suggestions! Thanks again....