How can I find out which 2.0 upgrades VALOR will get in March 2016 Dry Dock?

RecoveryDude

Hi! I know Valor is going into Drydock 3/16 to get some of the 2.0 upgrades. How can I find out WHICH upgrades are scheduled? I'm choosing being a Conquest Cruise and a Valor cruise and only want to go on Valor if it's getting Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina. Who knows this information???? I've tried posting to John H's FB page but he never replied.

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude:)

Hi! I know Valor is going into Drydock 3/16 to get some of the 2.0 upgrades. How can I find out WHICH upgrades are scheduled? I'm choosing being a Conquest Cruise and a Valor cruise and only want to go on Valor if it's getting Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina. Who knows this information???? I've tried posting to John H's FB page but he never replied.

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude:)

I don't think its been announced what upgrades she'll get yet. Probably in the next few months we'll hear more. Drydock is not until the spring.

Edited by johnnyf0614

I don't think its been announced what upgrades she'll get yet. Probably in the next few months we'll hear more. Drydock is not until the spring.

How soon before drydock will they announce it? Im planning on booking this cruise while onboard a cruise on Feb 2016.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From everything I've read, these are to be decided. Carnival's press release on drydocks last spring said a variety of, "Best of" 2.0 upgrades.

I noticed that the Conquest didn't get the full 2.0 upgrades but the Glory did get the Alchemy, Blue Iguana Tequila and Red Frog Rum bars but not the Red Frog Pub. It also got the Blue Iguana Cantina and Guys. Carnival lists, Playlist Productions, Hasbro, Seuss at Sea and DJ IRIE as 2.0 entertainment enhancements which get placed on just about all ships.

From everything I've read, these are to be decided. Carnival's press release on drydocks last spring said a variety of, "Best of" 2.0 upgrades.

I noticed that the Conquest didn't get the full 2.0 upgrades but the Glory did get the Alchemy, Blue Iguana Tequila and Red Frog Rum bars but not the Red Frog Pub. It also got the Blue Iguana Cantina and Guys. Carnival lists, Playlist Productions, Hasbro, Seuss at Sea and DJ IRIE as 2.0 entertainment enhancements which get placed on just about all ships.

What did Glory get that Conquest didn't? On the Carnival site, it looks like they both got the same upgrades.

I'm on the Valor April 2nd 2016 and I thought Valor was supposed to be dry docked in late April?? I definitely don't want to be on another post drydock cruise, my experience this year on Victory after drydock wasn't the best.

What's so bad about bring on a post drydock cruise??? ...ship has all improvements and should be "fresh" --- so what's wrong with that??

What's so bad about bring on a post drydock cruise??? ...ship has all improvements and should be "fresh" --- so what's wrong with that??

The first few cruises after drydock are normally the worst due to ongoing drydock activities, repairs and restocking of everything onboard. Carnival (along with other lines) will exit the ship from drydock whether it ready or not, money is their top priority. Everything edible is removed for drydock and that means everything needs to be re-supplied, from liqueur to food, to other items. If they do any upgrades such as Internet and audio video, you can bet on something not working right. The ship is generally dirtier which means the crew needs to spend more time cleaning to get it back to decent shape.

On the Victory the crew wasn't fully staffed which led to poor lido deck service, I barely had cell service and internet it only worked for a few hours a day, the bars were not fully stocked, they ran out of those beer buckets in the first few hours and the sail away party didn't happen because of a later 9pm departure. The list of problems goes on, trust me you don't want to be on the ship within 30 days after drydock.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

The first few cruises after drydock are normally the worst due to ongoing drydock activities, repairs and restocking of everything onboard. Carnival (along with other lines) will exit the ship from drydock whether it ready or not, money is their top priority. Everything edible is removed for drydock and that means everything needs to be re-supplied, from liqueur to food, to other items. If they do any upgrades such as Internet and audio video, you can bet on something not working right. The ship is generally dirtier which means the crew needs to spend more time cleaning to get it back to decent shape.

On the Victory the crew wasn't fully staffed which led to poor lido deck service, I barely had cell service and internet it only worked for a few hours a day, the bars were not fully stocked, they ran out of those beer buckets in the first few hours and the sail away party didn't happen because of a later 9pm departure. The list of problems goes on, trust me you don't want to be on the ship within 30 days after drydock.

It's not all bad! We were the third sailing after the Freedom dry dock in 2014, and it wasn't noticeable to use. There were a couple of teeny tiny hiccups with the technical side of Playlist Productions, but they were sorted quickly. The Warehouse (arcade) wasn't done, but in all honesty, the Freedom was our best cruise to date. The crew was super attentive - possibly because they knew there was potential for hiccups!

It's not all bad! We were the third sailing after the Freedom dry dock in 2014, and it wasn't noticeable to use. There were a couple of teeny tiny hiccups with the technical side of Playlist Productions, but they were sorted quickly. The Warehouse (arcade) wasn't done, but in all honesty, the Freedom was our best cruise to date. The crew was super attentive - possibly because they knew there was potential for hiccups!

I can imagine the 3rd sailing being much better since there's plenty of time to restock items and clean, but the first one is generally the worse. I was on the first Victory cruise one out of drydock (4/4/2015) and the atmosphere was different from past Victory cruises. I could tell that the crew was scrambling to get everything operational. But I give it to them they were creative, they made 6 pack holders into beer buckets and went out of their way to make it work. I tipped extra for the crew, but I was highly upset with Carnival corp for the many problems that week.

The Valors upgrades might be released by Feb, but there is no way of knowing. Personally I would not book a ship based on the upgrades it MIGHT get. Miracle was originally supposed to get Guys and blue Iguana and it changed a cpl weeks before dry dock.

Will they "announce" at some point what they plan on doing? I guess I could book the Conquest with Past Guest rate and then change once Dry Dock has been completed ... as it's probably going to be before final payment for a 9/9 cruise - of course, depends on what the rates are at that time... UGH desicions, decisions. Might just go with Conquest and call it a day...At least I know for SURE it's already got Guys and BIC