Cost to buy coffee card on board

jascal

Would someone be able to tell me the cost to purchase a coffee card once on board for a 14 day cruise? Is it any cheaper to order the card prior to boarding?

No difference,

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. $33.35

Would someone be able to tell me the cost to purchase a coffee card once on board for a 14 day cruise? Is it any cheaper to order the card prior to boarding?
It used to be a couple of bucks cheaper, $31.00 vs $33.35, to preorder the card but that is no longer the case.

It used to be a couple of bucks cheaper, $31.00 vs $33.35, to preorder the card but that is no longer the case.

Hmmm . are you guys saying Princess has more website misinformation? Like they have an out of date order form? The PDF order form indicates $31 all-in, while the online order page indicates $33.35 all-in. If we are in a retail store and the same item has two prices, the store has to sell at the lower price until they correct the mistake.

I wonder what happens if one uses the form to order a coffee card?

Hmmm . are you guys saying Princess has more website misinformation? Like they have an out of date order form? The PDF order form indicates $31 all-in, while the online order page indicates $33.35 all-in. If we are in a retail store and the same item has two prices, the store has to sell at the lower price until they correct the mistake.

I wonder what happens if one uses the form to order a coffee card?

You appear to be using an old form. I just checked the Princess website and the price for the Cafe Selects Coffee Card, Item #2403, is $33.35. There is no price listed on the Gifts & Services Order Form.

We have a cabin on the Caribbean Princess in Nov but I have not been on a Princess ship for over 4 years. Where is the card used? Is there an actual specialty coffee cafe with a shipboard barista or do you order through room service, by the pool or elsewhere?

We have a cabin on the Caribbean Princess in Nov but I have not been on a Princess ship for over 4 years. Where is the card used? Is there an actual specialty coffee cafe with a shipboard barista or do you order through room service, by the pool or elsewhere?

Deck 5 Midships International café - excellent

Deck 15 at the outside bar - not so full a selection of coffees

Dining rooms with a meal for cappuccino etc

Not heard of using it through room service but I don't use room service.

I have 4 spare totally unmarked coffee cards right now. I have heard of people putting them on ebay for $25 or so. A decent saving.

Deck 5 Midships International café - excellent

Deck 15 at the outside bar - not so full a selection of coffees

Dining rooms with a meal for cappuccino etc

Not heard of using it through room service but I don't use room service.

I have 4 spare totally unmarked coffee cards right now. I have heard of people putting them on ebay for $25 or so. A decent saving.

Very helpful! Thank you.

On most ships the specialty coffee is available at the International Cafe on Plaza deck. There are barista's there to make your drinks. In the morning you should also be able to order specialty coffee drinks at Crooners Bar on the Promenade deck and in the dining rooms all day. Princess recently posted some information about a new training program for the barista's.

Last I heard (and this may have changed) the coffee card was only good for specialty coffee on that cruise alone. Has that changed?
The 15 punches have never expired and can be used on any cruise. The change made a couple of years ago is that the fresh brewed coffee is only complementary, no punch required, on the cruise you purchase the card.

You appear to be using an old form. I just checked the Princess website and the price for the Cafe Selects Coffee Card, Item #2403, is $33.35. There is no price listed on the Gifts & Services Order Form.

It's not ME using an old form. I accessed the form right on Princess.com. Note that I was posting about the downloadable PDF which is meant to be a paper document, printed off, filled out and then sent in or faxed in. This is not ordering online via web page.

If Princess has an old form, then it's their miscue perhaps. I noted some other prices on the same PDF do match the webpage pricing.

It's not ME using an old form. I accessed the form right on Princess.com. Note that I was posting about the downloadable PDF which is meant to be a paper document, printed off, filled out and then sent in or faxed in. This is not ordering online via web page.

If Princess has an old form, then it's their miscue perhaps. I noted some other prices on the same PDF do match the webpage pricing.

Well take that form, fax it in and see what happens, you might snag a bargain of $1 something:confused::cool:

Well take that form, fax it in and see what happens, you might snag a bargain of $1 something:confused::cool:

I hear you, but I was responding earlier to the confusion or question in OP and posts above about two potential prices. The $2 is neither here nor there.

I couldn't find the form you mentioned on the website. The printable PDF form I see has no prices. If there is an old form available somewhere on the website with the old pricing you are certainly welcome to give it a try. Edited by IECalCruiser

Where is the card used? Is there an actual specialty coffee cafe with a shipboard barista or do you order through room service, by the pool or elsewhere?

It is not usable with room service. Room service does not supply specialty coffee drinks.

It is not usable with room service. Room service does not supply specialty coffee drinks.

Also good to know. Thanks!

If any of you have tried them, how are the Espressos and Cafe Mochas at the International Cafe and/or Crooners Bar and/or dining room?

Got off the Crown Princess yesterday.

I prepurchased the coffee card - $33.35. Once on the ship, my nephew purchased the coffee card for $29.00. Also, there was a sign at the International Cafe that said coffee card $29.00. Aggravating. I mostly drank the mocha drink. We thought the lattes were extremely strong. We like strong coffee. But American strong. I asked them to leave room for LOTS of creme. They said, "Yes, we do have strong coffee."

I think the coffee card is good for 15 speciality coffees. Also good for plain coffee - card is not punched for regular coffee.

The International CAfe was about the only positive on our cruise.

Wait staff in ATD Michangelo were impatient, and clearly wanted us in and out as quickly as possible. Observed two arguments between maitre d' and person taking names in the Michangelo dinning room. Neither were pleasant and the young lady taking names was flat out rude both nights.

I just looked at Royal Caribbean menu's and there is NO comparison between RCL's and Princess's. We have sailed Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Holland America, Celebrity, and Princess. This last cruise on the Crown Princess was disgusting on so many levels.

Food, service, condition of cooridors and rooms. We left that ship feeling so disappointed in the entire cruise experience.

International Cafe was good - coffee and food. We ate most of our meals there. Their salads were good, coffee was good, and sometimes they had good desserts.

About the only good thing in the dinning rooms were the Creme Brûlée, and the speciality desserts each night. Joey, and Victor were excellent persons in the DiVinci dinning room.

I don't think we will sail with Princess again. Perhaps with a special group.

Also, have all cruise lines discontinued the midnight buffets? Was not one on one his cruise. We (eight of us), felt like we were on an economy cruise.

Not coffee card related, but was a chance to vent.

The 15 punches have never expired and can be used on any cruise. The change made a couple of years ago is that the fresh brewed coffee is only complementary, no punch required, on the cruise you purchase the card.

That was our experience on EP, reusing a previously-purchased EP coffee card in IC. The card was also punched for brewed coffee on the subsequent cruises. In the dining room, the card for after-dinner specialty coffee was shown but not always punched.

Got off the Crown Princess yesterday.

I prepurchased the coffee card - $33.35. Once on the ship, my nephew purchased the coffee card for $29.00. Also, there was a sign at the International Cafe that said coffee card $29.00. Aggravating. I mostly drank the mocha drink. We thought the lattes were extremely strong. We like strong coffee. But American strong. I asked them to leave room for LOTS of creme. They said, "Yes, we do have strong coffee."

I think the coffee card is good for 15 speciality coffees. Also good for plain coffee - card is not punched for regular coffee.

The International CAfe was about the only positive on our cruise.

Wait staff in ATD Michangelo were impatient, and clearly wanted us in and out as quickly as possible. Observed two arguments between maitre d' and person taking names in the Michangelo dinning room. Neither were pleasant and the young lady taking names was flat out rude both nights.

I just looked at Royal Caribbean menu's and there is NO comparison between RCL's and Princess's. We have sailed Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Holland America, Celebrity, and Princess. This last cruise on the Crown Princess was disgusting on so many levels.

Food, service, condition of cooridors and rooms. We left that ship feeling so disappointed in the entire cruise experience.

International Cafe was good - coffee and food. We ate most of our meals there. Their salads were good, coffee was good, and sometimes they had good desserts.

About the only good thing in the dinning rooms were the Creme Brûlée, and the speciality desserts each night. Joey, and Victor were excellent persons in the DiVinci dinning room.

I don't think we will sail with Princess again. Perhaps with a special group.

Also, have all cruise lines discontinued the midnight buffets? Was not one on one his cruise. We (eight of us), felt like we were on an economy cruise.

Not coffee card related, but was a chance to vent.

I hope you brought all this to someones attention while onboard.

And filled out your survey's.

We didn't complain on board, but are filling out the survey, with many comments.

One room steward entered a cabin, with the dead bolt locked four times. Once my niece and husband were asleep, once when niece was dressing and her husband in shower. She knocked, and before they could respond verbally or get to the door, she walked in. Very, very irritating. They said something to her, but she did it twice more. We all thought if the dead bolt was locked, they could not enter. Well, in that cabin on the Crown Princess, the steward could still enter the room.

Niece won something in the art gallery. When went to pick up, the person tried to sell her a frame. She said, "No", and he made some kind of snippy comment and turned around and walked off. Rude, rude.

Was a different experience.

I think whether $2 or $3 more or less or not the coffee card is still a really great deal and a super handy way to get coffees. No need to sign anything, get receipts, and you do end up getting a better deal especially if you like brewed coffee as well. I with other cruise lines would pick up on this idea. The closest thing we've seen is on RCI where they will give you a punch card for a free coffee after 10, but that doesn't make it any more convenient to buy the coffee.

Tom

We didn't complain on board, but are filling out the survey, with many comments.

One room steward entered a cabin, with the dead bolt locked four times. Once my niece and husband were asleep, once when niece was dressing and her husband in shower. She knocked, and before they could respond verbally or get to the door, she walked in. Very, very irritating. They said something to her, but she did it twice more. We all thought if the dead bolt was locked, they could not enter. Well, in that cabin on the Crown Princess, the steward could still enter the room.

Niece won something in the art gallery. When went to pick up, the person tried to sell her a frame. She said, "No", and he made some kind of snippy comment and turned around and walked off. Rude, rude.

Was a different experience.

There is a blue do not disturb sign to put in your door lock, always works for me. Stewart ( rofl) never comes in then.