2 HAL Ships in San Diego Today (9/28)!

Bill S

One is the Zaandam and the otheris the Ryndam.

I found these in the 4/05 to 4/07 Caribbean, Mexio & Panama Canal cruise brochures. Pages 61 (Ryndam) and 73 (Zaandam)

Ryndam is starting her 10 day Mexican Riviera cruises and Zaandam heading to FLL.

Looking at the shot of the Zaandam, I cannot say I like the forward windows they've plopped on the front there, on the lido deck forward of the gym.

http://www.revneal.org/zaandamforwardwindows.jpg

I totally agree! And, from what I have read, they have done--and are doing--the same thing with the Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

As one can see, the amount of forward exterior deck space has been drastically reduced. And, I am wondering if one will even be able to access the area. In revneal's picture, am I seeing some deck chairs besides the new Spa extension? And, it looks like something is piled up--more chairs, maybe?--by the stairs on the starboard side on the forward open deck under the Bridge.

Whoever in Seattle approved the exterior design for the Spa extensions has no sense whatsoever for ship design, IMHO!

Are the Ryndam and Zandam sister ships? if not, which is larger. I was just wondering because they seem to run similar routes during this season.

Speaking of which, I am on the Ryndam 10/8 and wondered if anyone has a must do for Mexican Riviera...I prefer active activities! This is first "big ship" experience other than a weekend on the drunk boat to Ensenada.

Thanx,

Lawgeek

Wind Spirit - Bahamas

Star Clipper - Barbados and Lesser Antilles

Monarch of the Seas - I don't remember much

Wind Song (God rest her soul) - Tahiti and French Polynesia

Archived