Escape Mandara spa question?

missemo12345

• 3 weeks later...
So if you are staying in a spa suite only the first two people have access?
Everyone in a spa stateroom has spa access. Not only the first two people. CoffeeGoddess may have been thinking of a different cruise line in her response above.

It looks like spa suites (category H9) only accommodate two people anyway, but there are other spa staterooms that can fit 3 (deluxe spa suite H8, spa balcony B9) or sometimes up to 4 (spa mini-suite category M9).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Are the snow room and salt room even included in the Thermal Suite Pass? My husband and I called NCL one day to ask, but our cruise consultant told us that there was no salt room on the Escape and that the snow room wasn't included. He gave us misinformation about other things on the ship as well, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows the answer here. Thanks!

Given the snow room is located inside the thermal spa pretty safe bet its included. I'm not seeing a bouncer in the photos. Can't recall if they have a salt room or not in photos I have seen.

Are the snow room and salt room even included in the Thermal Suite Pass? My husband and I called NCL one day to ask, but our cruise consultant told us that there was no salt room on the Escape and that the snow room wasn't included. He gave us misinformation about other things on the ship as well, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows the answer here. Thanks!

Snow and salt room are both included in the thermal suite pass

EDIT:

They are next to the sauna's and have no way to monitor entry unless NCL stages someone to guard the entrance to them

Edited by majorwibi

Does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on purchasing the Thermal Suite pass? Did you find it was worth the money?

We grabbed it for the TA as we knew the weather would keep us from getting outside much during the first week(ish) of the TA. We paid $259 on the ship for it but got $70 back when the wet sauna was non-working. $259 felt like a good deal for the TA but I know we wouldnt do $199 for a 7-day in the Caribbean as we went there for a place to relax and in warmer climates we normally do that on our balcony or up on deck somewhere

Does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on purchasing the Thermal Suite pass? Did you find it was worth the money?

Every trip on NCL my wife and I take we either stay in the haven spa suite to which the thermal suite is included or we purchase the pass. If you enjoy that sort of thing is super relaxing and well worth it in every single way. :o

The Escape has a dry sauna, wet sauna, salt bath, steam room, and snow room. The two saunas have windows that look out on the port side of the ship. The thermal suite has hot stone chairs and loungers that wrap from the port side around to the front of the ship. Very nice set up.

fd2a18e6f3b83ed6bada2230c25847e5.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Hello! New cruiser question- when is the best time or day to buy a day pass for the thermal spa? We're cruising 11/28-12/5

Access to the thermal suite is capacity controlled. If they sell out of week-long passes, no day passes will be sold. If they are sold, go early when the spa opens at 8:00 to get your sticker. then you can come and go as you please during the day.

I think they need to work a bit more on the snow room. IT was great the first few days, but after 10 days of warm people coming in and out, the floor turned into an ice slippery death trap. lol I think they needs to defrost it every few days to remove the build up....

and bonus - SNOWMEN AT SEA!

aHgcOe-PKdGFBUqp_7WrgOx-WnwDwL8TAO1xNa4rMVaUL_iPR-lVw8cZW9nrt8a5MxK65JRXXIJfpCBUM88cLg2j0e2V1-fTOpPVARgN8D07X_v9BqqBWIZDIuebxA0e0c8kAvDELbnY14gTFR68KKJWqM9Ni3PmCofI7CSnSRbjctLUCqNlj1jo3P-06v9cwn3wtRSzmjazqb4FPGwqMZofnyB-qq0m4CJhIlOetC3XRYL9z-2zu2emSQm3RS_d9A_8YjUMrTrIhcxnLH9xEPvbIS3US1KgENmPHvWNaUxvG_tA8Red9jQbpigj7xKm8ckS_0_KUmAxx_PP2h-vCgl-fti_hlzfCOgHvVaWiiU6c6e1DxPnClU0Yxaeuuy4k2AF0HKy2F8gy4PAxbJylToy87hQPUpBL9_4avL38TxI2g_R0WqDDg6RHkNHOcIo2I_cn2g_E8DFWCLWqMcAdXDlQEIqcdS7lon4yQ_Iy8ve6rn9otVSHxQeGQsW9qST6cfIQFJzz6z8MoPlK6PqxRRZeoYSVpyIUrzqASQ7jeWE=w1559-h1039-no

I was on the 3 day last week and the Snow Room didn't work until the last day. The steam room never worked. They did actually give us a pretty generous onboard credit because of it. We had a spa balcony room. There were 2 Saunas, the Snow room, the non-working Steam room and a Salt Room plus the hot tubs, jet tub and rain forrest shower or whatever it was. The warm stone lounge chairs overlooking the back of the ship were awesome.