Drink Package Coca Cola Cups

I was wondering if cups can be re-used or re-programmed. We have two sets of the cups. I know that they have the chip required to use Freestyle machines. I was just wondering if I brought my existing cups if they could be re-used.

I am NOT trying to cheat and get cups to work that were activated on a previous cruise. I am asking if I can bring my existing cups and have them activated on a cruise, paying for the drink package but not acquiring more cups.

My first guess is that this is not possible, but just thought I would ask.

You will not be able to have them 're-programed' for use in the machines. Bar staff will fill them for you though, if you have a drink pass sticker on your sea pass.

I think for inventory control purposes that an activated cup is good only on that current sailing when first used and has just a simple 15 minute usage feature to limit overuse.

We have a collection of 6 cruises of cups.( Up---to 18 in the cupboard).

Yup we bring them home and use on the deck, they dont break.

Every year we say we will leave them behind on board, we do not need any more.

And every year they make it home to use on the deck.

Maybe they will become gifts to others this year.

6 are still in the original wrapper, we just go to the bar and get a soda when we want. To lazy to carry them around:D

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

I was wondering if cups can be re-used or re-programmed. We have two sets of the cups. I know that they have the chip required to use Freestyle machines. I was just wondering if I brought my existing cups if they could be re-used.

I am NOT trying to cheat and get cups to work that were activated on a previous cruise. I am asking if I can bring my existing cups and have them activated on a cruise, paying for the drink package but not acquiring more cups.

My first guess is that this is not possible, but just thought I would ask.

My guess is that these are ARPT RFID tags, with an active reader and passive (unpowered) tags. Authentication of these tags probably takes place in the reader, which is likely programmed with a range of valid tags. Probably for inventory reasons, I have heard of several people using their cups on the second week of a B2B. My guess is that the cups are valid for 14 days so that they do not have to reprogram or use different cups as frequently.

When we were on the Freedom in August, we were watching a few passengers using old-style cups at the Freestyle machines. Anyone know how they were able to do that?

Are you sure that they were not just getting ice? You don't need an RFID cup to get ice out of the Freestyle machines.

You can send them to me. I make iced lattes everyday and use the Royal cups. They fit the perfect amount of my morning joe. I'm lazy so I use the dishwasher to clean them. They last about a year in a rotation of about 5 cups. I'm down to one. Good thing we go on a cruise in 12 days so I can stock up on a few more.