Anyone currently on Magic?

cruiser fanatic

Due to the high winds and massive fog, the ship docked late. Passengers just jammed the stairways even before the 9:30 announcement that Customs was almost finished clearing the ship's pax log.

The CD kept pleading for people not to line up and he hadn't called for a single zone by 11AM. Meanwhile, whoever pushed, shoved, or crowded to the exit stairwell on deck zero was allowed to get off. Didn't matter if they were zone 10 or 20, the crew simply let pax exit as if they were Zone 1.

By 11AM, I decided to join the herd and flashed my platinum card to get into line, even though there was no need to do so.

IMO, the crew should have redirected all those who ignored the CD's instructions and only allowed walkoffs and Zone 1 to exit. By disregarding the CD's instructions, I place more blame on the crew than the pax. But isn't that typical of Carnival's policy lack of enforcement?

Due to the high winds and massive fog, the ship docked late. Passengers just jammed the stairways even before the 9:30 announcement that Customs was almost finished clearing the ship's pax log.

The CD kept pleading for people not to line up and he hadn't called for a single zone by 11AM. Meanwhile, whoever pushed, shoved, or crowded to the exit stairwell on deck zero was allowed to get off. Didn't matter if they were zone 10 or 20, the crew simply let pax exit as if they were Zone 1.

By 11AM, I decided to join the herd and flashed my platinum card to get into line, even though there was no need to do so.

IMO, the crew should have redirected all those who ignored the CD's instructions and only allowed walkoffs and Zone 1 to exit. By disregarding the CD's instructions, I place more blame on the crew than the pax. But isn't that typical of Carnival's policy lack of enforcement?

That's why I think that he should never have announced the gangway change. They do a pretty effective job at preventing passengers from storming the barricades when they're set up for it. I think that as soon as it was evident that wind was going to be a problem, they should have set up barriers to prevent people from using the stairways leading to deck zero, and cut-off the elevators from going to the lower decks. Once he announced that, the crowds became unmanageable. We must have left shortly before you did because we elbowed our way thru, got a porter, and found our limo driver to make it on the road at 11:30...and still made our 12:40 flight with a lot of running in our socks and beltless pants falling down our backsides, lol!

Welcome back Bob! Hope you had a good trip!

Glad you posted this. From the 3 people that have posted that they were on the ship it has all been my understanding that the crew could have and should have done more to prevent this.

IMHO, the problem is when one person decides to jump up and start lining up or leaving when they are not suppose to, then every one else thinks that since that person got by with it, then I will get by with it also. It is human nature. That is where I think Carnival's employees failed to keep it under control. If the crew had done their job then all the mayhem would not have happened.

Yet, some will state that it is all the passengers faults and Carnival did nothing wrong.:rolleyes:

I was also on that sailing. As others stated, we docked really late and as usual, platinum was directed to the dining room. Then as disembarkation begun, we were taken to elevators to go down to deck 0. The lobby and stairwells were jammed packed. People were pushing and anxious to get off. Since we knew the weather was terrible, I'm sure that added to everyone's anxiousness. But It didn't matter, everyone was out for themselves and it didn't matter who got in the way. I am surprised kids weren't separated or ran over. Some people just do not care. What was worse was self disembark is always first, yet the walkway to get out was crowded with people waiting for luggage, since we had to disembark on 0, we had to walk through that area. Then leaving the terminal in that rain and wind was horrible. I'm glad we parked at a lot further down from the port, because I'm not sure my car would have made it through the flooded roads. Our shuttle people were great. But it was a great cruise otherwise.

And then people come here and post how the crew was showing no directions on disembarking.

The general crew weren't giving any direction, the cruise director was. But he is only one man. At one point during the chaos one of the passengers that was close to me yelled to a staff member who was standing in a corner and asked if he would help direct ppl and take charge. The crew member said he was stuck in the corner and didn't feel like he would be much help.

We were actually trying to get to our assigned area in the northern lights restaurant (platinum disembarkment) when I asked one of the staff if we were still supposed to meet there, she directly me down the stairs.

I certainly wish I wouldn't have listened to the staff and went to northern lights.

I saw something that I hadn't seen before, when we were getting off the ship (at the final ping with our cards in the machine )there were two ppl who flashed red on the screen because they hadn't settled their S&S accts. they were both sent back to the pursers desk to settle their accts.

One of the ppl an elderly lady who was in front of us, said she had already settled her account. However, the staff still sent her back to the pursers desk.

I always wondered what happened if you didn't settle your acct and now I know. Lol

They can't make it up. Will have to change there itinerary.

I believe someone stated who is onboard that they are going to all of the stops. Someone on RCL's Navigator which on the same itinerary stated also they will go to all ports. Hence the question.

I believe someone stated who is onboard that they are going to all of the stops. Someone on RCL's Navigator which on the same itinerary stated also they will go to all ports. Hence the question.

People on the Navigator reported they were reversing the order but would make all their ports.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk