prepaid pop cards a mistake for us

sue gill

we are on the regal right now and prepaid for our pop cards.they put a paper saying that it was a gift. but when we went to get our cups they keep telling us no go here or call bar, or room service or ect. they had a table full they were selling but wouldnt take our paper or give us a cup we had the stickers on our card but they didnt include diet sprite . i just cancelled mine my dh cancelled his and went to the table after noon today a day and a half after many times being told we will be there in 10 mins

next time we just buy it on board and skip the stress . oh no im sorrys just

yeh prepaid doesnt work

I'm sorry you went through this and don't blame you one bit for cancelling. The first bar you went to should have exchanged the voucher for a sticker on your cruise card--period. I would have gotten in someone's face and refused to take 'no' for an answer long before a day and a half. Hope the rest of your cruise goes better.

And for future reference in buying onboard, do NOT buy the sticker from the sales table on the gangway. Buy it from a server in a bar your will frequent daily, or if on Traditional Dining from your waiter at dinner the first night. They will show their gratitude every day with instant service of your preferred soda.

Edited by fishywood

We stopped getting soda stickers because the only diet beverage available was Diet Coke. We've been enjoying Sprite Zero from the can ever since.

Is Diet Sprite now available as a fountain drink?

Over the past year or so their have been erroneous listings on the Princess web site and gift order forms that the 'Soda and More' package included various combinations of Diet Sprite, Root Beer, and/or Orange Soda. Those are only available in cans and thus not included in any package. Perhaps the OP saw one of those listings and reasonably expected to be given Diet Sprite. Unfortunately not going to happen.

Diet Sprite is not included with the soda card which is just for soda dispensed at the bars. Sprite Zero is available only by the can. Thus not included. This is pretty clear in the beverage package descriptions.

The Coke cup is capacity controlled. You cannot get the cup from just any bar or table. They have to account for every sticker and cup, and the numbers have to match. Otherwise, they get into trouble. Not sure what happens to them but any black mark affects their employment record. :(

Normally, the sticker is on your card when you check in and the cup is in your cabin. If the sticker wasn't on your card (couldn't tell from your post), then you would get the sticker and cup at the same time from wherever you submitted the gift card. If you got the sticker on your card when you check in but the cup wasn't in your cabin, you should call Room Service as I think they are the ones to provide the cup.

we are on the regal right now and prepaid for our pop cards.they put a paper saying that it was a gift. but when we went to get our cups they keep telling us no go here or call bar, or room service or ect. they had a table full they were selling but wouldnt take our paper or give us a cup we had the stickers on our card but they didnt include diet sprite . i just cancelled mine my dh cancelled his and went to the table after noon today a day and a half after many times being told we will be there in 10 mins

next time we just buy it on board and skip the stress . oh no im sorrys just

yeh prepaid doesnt work

There was another report of this, where it took the poster until

9:00PM to get it straightened out.

I have never had a problem walking up to a table or a bar and

getting a sticker with minimal delay.

I don't get the appeal of pre-purchasing everything.

[quote name=fishywood;48110937

And for future reference in buying onboard' date=' do NOT buy the sticker from the sales table on the gangway. Buy it from a server in a bar your will frequent daily, or if on Traditional Dining from your waiter at dinner the first night. They will show their gratitude every day with instant service of your preferred soda.[/quote]

For reference, if you board in Ft. Lauderdale and purchase a soda sticker at a bar your cruise card will be run directly through the on board billing system at the time of purchase. If the ship is still in port the FL State sales tax will be added to the cost. If you purchase from one of the tables then the sales slip is manually completed and processed in the evening after the ship sails, and no sales tax is added. This has been our experience. As far as the cups go, we never use them, why bother to carry them around?

In the OP's case they boarded in NY.

For reference, if you board in Ft. Lauderdale and purchase a soda sticker at a bar your cruise card will be run directly through the on board billing system at the time of purchase. If the ship is still in port the FL State sales tax will be added to the cost. If you purchase from one of the tables then the sales slip is manually completed and processed in the evening after the ship sails, and no sales tax is added. This has been our experience. As far as the cups go, we never use them, why bother to carry them around?

In the OP's case they boarded in NY.

We like the soda and more package and have bought it on all our Princess cruises. On our last cruise, we weren't given the cups but we were on our Princess cruise before that. Funny thing is, they gave us the cups but told us we would not be allowed to use them because of noro issues. We brought them home and I'm drinking a diet pepsi from one right now.

mine was a soda and more his was just pop . maybe cause they get credit for selling the cups????? others had some troubles but not us much as us

Just a clarification. From your post, it appears that your issue was with prepaying for the card? Did you find the card itself a good value?

It says on the Princess web site under the unlimited soda description that canned Root Beer is included in the package.

I saw that too. Nice addition since I prefer root beer ever so slightly over Coke. Do the bars have Diet Root Beer in cans?

There was another report of this, where it took the poster until

9:00PM to get it straightened out.

If ever you have difficulties at a bar location, please do as we did and ask to see the Bar Manager, a senior officer.

Steve

i talked to everyone would could we called room service so many times we went to the front deck.they said that is not my department call--- or --- so we did. i was told when we prepaid it would be in our room.i have always bought it on board. their were others that prepaid and were going thru the same thing just not as long. my husband loves his .i am dibetic and on others ships i have gotten sugar free or sprite zero with the card and they made my mocktails as no sugar added as they could.we waited at first because there was 3000 plus people wanting some thing . but a day and a half .a hour and a half after we cancelled here comes room service with our cups.next time i will go to a bar like someone said .