Bring your own floating ring for little one?

mkkao924

Hi,

We have a little one (4 yr old) cruising with us this time. I am wondering should we bring our own floating device (floating vest, inflatable floating ring, and etc.)?

We plan to use H2O zone quite a bit, and also in Labadee. Do people usually bring their own device for the little one, or use the one provided by RCCL? What does RCCL provide at H2O (I imagine they won't provide anything at Labadee)?

FYI-- There is also, an Adventure Ocean program on Labadee.

Thank you for the information. We didn't know adventure ocean is available on Labadee. We will definitely look into it. We have a cabana this time so we will have two floating mats, but just like you said, it's way too big for kids and not really safe to use them with kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may bring your floating things for beaches...but the only thing allowed in the pools will be the arm floaties or a life vest...some come as part of swimsuits, nowadays! No floats or rings or balls, etc...in the pool. Barely room for all the people!

Edited by cb at sea

My 6 year old wore arm floaties on Freedom this summer. She was a novice swimmer at the time, but it is sometimes so crowded on the pool deck that it gave me peace of mind for her to have them on, when she was flitting from whirlpool to regular pool. With two kids it's hard to keep your eyes on everyone at once!

You can also buy those nice soft vests like they use at Disney on Amazon for about 50 bucks. For a true non swimmer I would be more comfortable with that.

We brought vest when ours was that small. There are some great thin vests available now. More for precaution than lack of skill... And we watched him every. Single. Moment.... Nothing replaces supervision... Not that you were suggesting that to be certain!!! .. But so many parents ignore their kids while at the pool...it just floors me.

We packed our Puddle Jumper for our almost 4 year old last cruise. The Puddle jumper has the arm floats and goes around the child's chest and snaps in the back. It is Coast Guard approved. I was really happy to have it for shore excursions as most of their life vests are too big.