Celebrity computer problems again?

AtleeH

Is anyone else having trouble accessing your reservation on the Celebrity site?

I can sign in ok. The page with my current booked cruise shows up. However, when I click the manage reservation button, I get the following message.

"The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation".

This has been going on for a day and a half.

This is what I get ---

The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

Its been this for several days and obviously very frustrating .:(:confused::(

I called their IT department today. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it, but it is what it is until they do. Their solution was to go under "Already Booked?," and then "Cruise Planner." This did not help me as I was tying to find a specific port hours, which I knew had changed. She looked it up for me.

Barb

Now I can understand all the complaints about Celebrity's Website & IT department.

Their software seems like it must be an antiquated system that's being held together by bubblegum, bailing wire, and a little duct tape.

There is probably no one in their IT department that was around when the original system was installed, and the original program has probably been manually changed so much over the years, that it doesn't have a lot of resemblance to it's original self.

It just seems unacceptable that a modern company's only answer to a major software problem is, "We're aware of the problem, and we're working on it."

If you look on the Celebrity page in this forum, you will see another thread titled "Website issues....again" with a whole bunch of people experiencing the same thing, for a number of days. Hopefully the poster that said they haven't had any problems is breathing a sigh of relief. Because a number of people ARE having problems that Celebrity appears to have no answer too.

This problem has been going on for at least 3 years. Celebrity just doesn't care. There has been more then enough time to fix the problems. They simply do not want to spend the money because it needs a complete overhaul. Why else would they not fix the problems. They probably wish everyone use a travel agent and they had no tech problems. They have so much turnover in the long run there getting enough books thru travel agents.

When I first started reading about this, I assumed it was a combo of minor user error (never click Back when managing your reservation!) and poor site design. But it seems clear to me that some people's reservations are screwed up in the back end/database. Too many people can't access their reservations at all. It's nuts.

If X wants to attract a younger crowd, instead of blasting music in the atrium they'd better start by scrapping their IT department--from the top down. There's no way this kind of apathy doesn't got straight to the VP level.

Edited by perditax

When I first started reading about this, I assumed it was a combo of minor user error (never click Back when managing your reservation!) and poor site design. But it seems clear to me that some people's reservations are screwed up in the back end/database. Too many people can't access their reservations at all. It's nuts.

If X wants to attract a younger crowd, instead of blasting music in the atrium they'd better start by scrapping their IT department--from the top down. There's no way this kind of apathy doesn't got straight to the VP level.

I really don't think they have an IT Department. They have an Advertising/PR department with a few overworked techies trying to fix things. The graphics are great, the page layouts and use of graphics are top notch. Great work by the PR weenies. It is the backend database that is screwed up and that nobody can competently deal with.

Earlier this year the incoming Celebrity Cruises Prez said [i paraphrase here, I don't have the transcript at hand] "we are hiring someone new who is going to provide you with a worldclass experience when you visit our website." It may or may not work, but you'll have a great world class experience!

Stan

Maybe what she was meaning to say is this. "A world class experience with a screwed up website". Celebrity can claim being #1 in one area. FUBAR'ed IT Dept/software/website.

I really don't think they have an IT Department. They have an Advertising/PR department with a few overworked techies trying to fix things. The graphics are great, the page layouts and use of graphics are top notch. Great work by the PR weenies. It is the backend database that is screwed up and that nobody can competently deal with.

Earlier this year the incoming Celebrity Cruises Prez said [i paraphrase here, I don't have the transcript at hand] "we are hiring someone new who is going to provide you with a worldclass experience when you visit our website." It may or may not work, but you'll have a great world class experience!

Stan

Still not fixed. Glad to know Celebrity has a crack IT department.

It appears as though Celebrity has an IT department made up of folks just like me. I admit to knowing nothing about computers. Nothing about computers and software comes naturally to me. I struggle when the computer has hiccups.

This seems to describe Celebrity's IT department also, assuming they have an IT department. Obviously, Celebrity skimps on funding it's IT department and it's software programs.

Agree with the posts above in today's world a week is to long for web site problems. Especially with the overall feeling about their website. Hopefully the management team understands the importance of a functioning web page and will make the necessary changes including personnel changes if needed to fix the issues.

Al

I'm trying to add a specialty restaurant reservation for my daughters cruise for her birthday --- really Celebrity , I am trying to send you some money .

I still cant access our 2 reservations either , nor my daughters , which is just ridiculous . We've gone from :( to:mad: now again , just as we did last time the website cracked up.

I'm trying to add a specialty restaurant reservation for my daughters cruise for her birthday --- really Celebrity , I am trying to send you some money .

I still cant access our 2 reservations either , nor my daughters , which is just ridiculous . We've gone from :( to:mad: now again , just as we did last time the website cracked up.

If Celebrity was an airline, they'd be out of business.

Been away from the computer for 3 days. I just logged onto Celebrity site, and am getting the SOS.

I sent an email, but they haven't replied to it either.

I'm certainly glad I'm working with a TA for my upcoming cruise in January.

Today I suddenly could access the cruiseplanner on My Celebrity, then wanting to go to online check in I got the "... try again.." messge. :mad:

Phoned X that explains the problem with "the system says you are already checked in (!?), you have to wait 20 min". Of course I'm checked in!! Thats how I acessed my account!

The system "locks" your reservation even if you are just checking in on cruiseplanner, stopping you from going between the different options on your account - even if you haven't signed ut. I was also told that the same thing happens if someone at Celebrity are accessing the reservation....

So if you can acess the cruiseplanner on your account -you are locking your self out from entering the other options... AND- after checking several times now - the lock isn't released after 20 min - or for that matter even after days!

I'm not sure if it's possible to acess the online check in before the cruiseplanner without beeing locked out.

Can't test - I'm locked out...

If you contact X they can unlock it - but the problem will be there nest time...

I can't say that I'm impressed

Edited by sollan