Dumb black eye for NCL Breakaway 10/18

op1

Thanks!! I believe both the positive and negative remarks play a role. It is very well known that most corporations these days, NCL included, monitor social media.

The positive as well as the negative remarks kept this thread at the top. No corporate entity wants to find themselves in the middle of a discussion on their customer service practices. So maybe just maybe this thread helped move the case along.

It is common to see social media play a role in these disputes, and you have been able to use it to your advantage here (it appears this is not your first time reporting on Cruise Critic at the same time you are negotiating with NCL if one of the comments from another poster are accurate.)

It is common to see social media play a role in these disputes, and you have been able to use it to your advantage here (it appears this is not your first time reporting on Cruise Critic at the same time you are negotiating with NCL if one of the comments from another poster are accurate.)

It's not the first time I posted and commented on NCL. But the other poster was not accurate and quoted an old post out of context. In that situation NCL issued a huge refund and future credit to the ALL of the passengers after it had to delay start a cruise due to mechanical issues.

Edited by op1

For some odd reason, I am curious why you didn't post the compensation NCL gave you. Do you feel reluctant to say what it was in case other cruisers will expect the same after they complain about a noise and lack of timely repair? I kind of get the vibe that you were quite vocal and irate when you complained while on board the ship. At any rate I am glad you are satisfied with the outcome.

For some odd reason, I am curious why you didn't post the compensation NCL gave you. Do you feel reluctant to say what it was in case other cruisers will expect the same after they complain about a noise and lack of timely repair? I kind of get the vibe that you were quite vocal and irate when you complained while on board the ship. At any rate I am glad you are satisfied with the outcome.

Because the compensation is almost irrelevant. I can almost see the firestorm if I did. Some will post you got all that for some noise?!? Others will post that's all you got for all your troubles?!? So why go there. I am more than satisfied.

As per your vibe? Nope!

Because the compensation is almost irrelevant. I can almost see the firestorm if I did. Some will post you got all that for some noise?!? Others will post that's all you got for all your troubles?!? So why go there. I am more than satisfied.

As per your vibe? Nope!

I applaud you for withholding the details of your settlement. Some of those who are attempting to pry the details out of you are doing so just in an attempt to fuel further arguments and disparaging remarks.

Good job !!!!!

It's not the first time I posted and commented on NCL. But the other poster was not accurate and quoted an old post out of context. In that situation NCL issued a huge refund and future credit to the ALL of the passengers after it had to delay start a cruise due to mechanical issues.

That is a very different situation. Did CC play a role in getting them to change their initial offer?

That is a very different situation. Did CC play a role in getting them to change their initial offer?

If you are referring to the old post, I can only speculate that it may have. Today's instant access to information and information sharing gets the word out real quick. Subsequently I would imagine that NCL would not have wanted the negative buzz. But again it's just my speculation. I know it didn't hurt.

I applaud you for withholding the details of your settlement. Some of those who are attempting to pry the details out of you are doing so just in an attempt to fuel further arguments and disparaging remarks.

Good job !!!!!

Thanks

Good job !!!!!

I agree... It's no ones business.

Your words. That's why I said you sounded quite irate in dealing with the situation while you were on the ship.

At that point I almost blew a gasket. You also said I demanded the supervisor etc.

Just sayin'

I agree too.

It was no ones business until the OP decided to post it on a public forum[emoji57]

Gee I thought this was a public forum to critique cruises. Well the good news no one is forced to read any of it.

Edited by op1

Day 12 of my 10 to 15 days business days for NCL to review my complaint. I called NCL and they advised that the case is still under review.

Starting to get a feeling they are just hoping I drop it and go away. - SMH

I got sucked into reading this thread because of the day counter. What was the final count?

Do you or anyone else have an email for Andy Stuart? I think I used the right one, but no response, not even one saying it would be looked at in 15 days. I would prefer to deal with someone high enough up that they can verify that the issue that I had has been fixed. I'd like to find out the outcome as well.

Do you or anyone else have an email for Andy Stuart? I think I used the right one, but no response, not even one saying it would be looked at in 15 days. I would prefer to deal with someone high enough up that they can verify that the issue that I had has been fixed. I'd like to find out the outcome as well.

I don't, and if I posted it I'm sure the flames would come right through my screen. But I would start with the following. At the very least you will get a case number that you can refer back to.

Guest Relations 866 625 1164

NCL.com/case-submission

Op1

Thanks, I sent my letter there. Guess it's offically being ignored.

Appreciate the help.

Could be; or that email account is abandoned after being publicized! The NCL site does have his twitter account, @nclandy, so you might give him a tweet and tell him to check is email!