What will the Harmony of the Seas show be?

jaydc2

Just noticed that.

Could you elaborate on what you mean here?

Not my comment, but Grease is a tale of love and class struggle and boy meets, loses, gets girl set to a 1950's rock 'n' roll score. It's kind of fun and light (although the original story wasn't quite as light).

Les Miserables is a musical adaptation of a Victor Hugo novel set in one the darkest periods of French history involving two of most classic protagonists in literature. It's largely a dark period piece, although there are 2-3 love stories mixed in. As in all good Victor Hugo stories, everyone (more or less) dies...

How's that?

I guess that it would just depend on what the company feel is the most uplifting piece of "theatre" they want on their ships. I love both but would prefer Grease because of the reasons you stated above, it's more throwaway and happy in comparison to Les Mis :)

I guess that it would just depend on what the company feel is the most uplifting piece of "theatre" they want on their ships. I love both but would prefer Grease because of the reasons you stated above, it's more throwaway and happy in comparison to Les Mis :)

If I'm paying for the theater, Broadway, West End, Kennedy Center, Les Mis always and forever! My personal favorite musical, and a good Valjean, oh my!

If I'm on a cruise ship in the middle of the Caribbean, then I guess I'd take Grease, but I'd probably skip it...

Besides the subject matter, I'm kind of surprised about Grease because it's so ordinary. Every high school has it in the rotation (yes, exaggeration I know) and I saw a full version way-back-when on one of my first cruises. I suppose it is the ultra-populist over correction to Cat (on a cruise ship) ... and it should be cheap, too.

Edited by silentbob007

Not my comment, but Grease is a tale of love and class struggle and boy meets, loses, gets girl set to a 1950's rock 'n' roll score. It's kind of fun and light (although the original story wasn't quite as light).

Les Miserables is a musical adaptation of a Victor Hugo novel set in one the darkest periods of French history involving two of most classic protagonists in literature. It's largely a dark period piece, although there are 2-3 love stories mixed in. As in all good Victor Hugo stories, everyone (more or less) dies...

How's that?

You're quite right. Have seen Les Mis 9 times now in the West End and around the UK. It's my all time favorite live theatrical show. A couple of years back I saw Alfie Boe as Valjean and WOW. The problem is that you leave the show emotionally drained.

With Grease there's the feelgood factor and everybody leaves the show smiling.

I would choose Les Mis every time if I was in Theatre-land, but would choose Grease if I was on a cruise.

Here's a thought ............ why don't they do it as a "sing-along" show?:)

On the Oasis and the Allure we have been to and enjoyed the Grease "sing-along" movie version they have in the Aqua Theater. Having Grease as the theater production on the Harmony would be awesome!

You're quite right. Have seen Les Mis 9 times now in the West End and around the UK. It's my all time favorite live theatrical show. A couple of years back I saw Alfie Boe as Valjean and WOW. The problem is that you leave the show emotionally drained.

With Grease there's the feelgood factor and everybody leaves the show smiling.

I would choose Les Mis every time if I was in Theatre-land, but would choose Grease if I was on a cruise.

I agree. I love the Broadway versions of the great all-time musicals. But on a ship, I think the "feel good" sing-along types would be the better choice. I loved Cats on Oasis, but judging by the number of people who left the theater midway through it was probably not the best cruise show. I will go see the show no matter what is showing, though.:)

I agree. I love the Broadway versions of the great all-time musicals. But on a ship, I think the "feel good" sing-along types would be the better choice. I loved Cats on Oasis, but judging by the number of people who left the theater midway through it was probably not the best cruise show. I will go see the show no matter what is showing, though.:)

Also, you would think Royal would stick to a musical that's good for the whole family (which is why Chicago was a bad choice in my opinion)....especially since they Harmony is a great choice if you have kids with the waterslides.

Les Miz is a great musical, but Grease is a better all-around choice.

http://www.******************.com/2015/11/05/royal-caribbean-will-add-broadway-show-grease-harmony-of-the-seas

Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas cruise ship will offer guests the opportunity to see the Broadway show, "Grease."

Royal Caribbean Productions web site listed Grease as a show it is holding auditions for, thus confirming which Broadway show guests can enjoy onboard this new ship.

Royal Caribbean has been lead the way in the cruise industry by bringing Broadway shows to its ships. Five other major Broadway musicals have debuted on Royal Caribbean ships since 2009: Hairspray, Chicago: The Musical, Saturday Night Fever , CATS & MAMMA MIA!.

Grease is a 1971 musical by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey with additional songs written by John Farrar.

In addition, Grease will also be presented alongside “COLUMBUS The Musical.”

Marvin Columbus is the very, very, very, very, very distant relative of Christopher and spent his entire life ‘neath Chris’ shadow. Marvin’s disappointed nobleman father, sends him on a voyage to find his destiny. Storms, pirates, and even flying sharks – all lead Marvin to his greatest discovery; himself. Romance, adventure, and ‘happy ever after’ are on the map, as Marvin Columbus finally finds his destiny.

Harmony of the Seas will be Royal Caribbean's third Oasis-class ship, which debuts in Spring 2016.

Edited by ken_nyc

The clues from Nick Weir on Twitter are:

"We have an awesome West End/Broadway/MOVIE show for Harmony (Clue)

My guess/hope:

1. Wicked

2. Billy Elliott

3. Phantom of the Opera

4. Evita

Anyone else?

I was hoping it would be Titanic.

I am happy with Grease as the musical. In fact, it will probably entice me to book a cruise on Harmony!

Just a link to what I read:

http://ht.ly/Ujbal

From the Royal Caribbean Blog this comes.

Personally I am very happy....great songs.....

What is your favorite song from Grease?....mine is Summer Nights.

Edited by Paulette3028

I know alot of people will be pleased it is Grease.....I am not one of them !!!

Why have an ultra Modern ship with such a dated show !!!!!

EXACTLY!! Why not resurrect Peter Pan on the next new build. You can chalk up Cats flopping on Oasis for the same reason. Fame does not weather time..