BEWARE: Port of Miami to MIA transportation ripoff!

Janespup

When exiting the Carnival terminal at Port of Miami today, after a cruise, myself and other passengers were all greeted by a woman who was offering shuttle transportation to MIA. Her exact words were: "We charge a standard fare of $37. The taxis are metered and you will pay alot more!" This is a total lie and a ripoff! There is a set rate for taxi's to charge. It is $27 if you use a credit card and $24 if you pay in cash.

Yes there is a standard fare between the port and airport which we talk about regularly here.

I was not aware though that the price is different for credit card vs cash. I thought it was $27.00 regardless of payment type per taxi before tip.

Keith

I had known about the flat rate taxi fares in Miami, which is why I posted. The woman who greeted everyone when we got out of Customs had inflated prices and lied about the taxi fares. Someone who did not know the facts would go with her, to avoid the fabricated cab fares.

I had known about the flat rate taxi fares in Miami, which is why I posted. The woman who greeted everyone when we got out of Customs had inflated prices and lied about the taxi fares. Someone who did not know the facts would go with her, to avoid the fabricated cab fares.

I talk until I'm blue in the face about what a shady, sketchy place Miami is. In fact, one of my friends who is a writer, has made a good living doing just that.