What time should we arrive at the port tomorrow?

jennymaxgirl

Boarding generally begins between 11.30 and noon, in this order: back-to-back pax, suites, elites, platinum (with wheelchair pax sprinkled in the early mix, too). If you are none of the above, you'll be assigned a group as you arrive and you board when your group is called. So, when to arrive? Well, that depends. If you're too excited to spend one more second in your hotel, then it's perfectly allowable to get to the terminal as early as 10 -- porters will be there, ready to take your bags -- as long as you're willing and prepared for a wait. If you hate lines and crowds, wait until 2-ish -- you can probably walk right in and be onboard in minutes.

I get too the port about 11:00 and I'm usually in my cabin by noon. The times they give are merely a suggestion/request. I've never been turned away or told to come back at a later time.

The times they give are merely a suggestion/request.
That's right. Our hotel shuttle leaves every hour on the hour. We're leaving at 10am. I'd rather sit at the port than pace the floor at the hotel:)

That's right. Our hotel shuttle leaves every hour on the hour. We're leaving at 10am. I'd rather sit at the port than pace the floor at the hotel:)

Been there, done that; as I'm sure the vast majority of folks on here have done.:)

Edited by Treven

Recognize that you'll need to get lunch somewhere, and if you go at 11:30 or so, you'll be on board in time to eat rather than having to pay for lunch on shore.

The HC buffet, the IC, Alfredo's (if on the ship), the pizza and burger grill on Lido are all open for food all afternoon, so one can certainly get their fill of food no matter when boarding.

One of the MDR's does offer a sit-down, served lunch from a menu, but the hours are limited. Many folks seem to die to make this. For us, we'll be eating in the DR plenty of times and I'm more interested in being out in the warm Florida weather.