Oceania Suites 11080, 11083

RJB

Does anyone know how these two rear Oceania Suites differ from the other ones in the forward part of the ship. Would it be too much to think someone had pictures of them. The people on this board come up with some of the best stuff when we need it. Thanks :):):)

I took some pics of 11080 but I don't think they'd be very helpful. If I knew where I put them ...

The main differences, I think, are that the second bath is only a half bath BUT you have a much larger veranda that wraps around the back.

We heard a lot of noise when engines were powering up which didn't bother me as much as it did DH. I think the bedroom, bath and living room are pretty much equal. We also had a couple of days out of Barcelona (heading for Rio) with roughish seas. Neither one of us was ill but Howard was unhappy with the motion in BOTH directions since he couldn't sleep while that was going on.

Mura

I took some pics of 11080 but I don't think they'd be very helpful. If I knew where I put them ...

The main differences, I think, are that the second bath is only a half bath BUT you have a much larger veranda that wraps around the back.

We heard a lot of noise when engines were powering up which didn't bother me as much as it did DH. I think the bedroom, bath and living room are pretty much equal. We also had a couple of days out of Barcelona (heading for Rio) with roughish seas. Neither one of us was ill but Howard was unhappy with the motion in BOTH directions since he couldn't sleep while that was going on.

Mura

Thanks a lot. By looking at the deck plan it seems to be like the OS on the R ships. I guess it is like you give a little you get a little. If it comes up we will draw straws and make a decision.

The square footage of the OCs is pretty close to the "R" ship OS square footage, true. They are around 1,000 sf, I think. A VS on an "O" ship can be as much as 1500, and the OS is 2,000. So they are much larger than the comparable suites on an "R" ship.

Mura

The square footage of the OCs is pretty close to the "R" ship OS square footage, true. They are around 1,000 sf, I think. A VS on an "O" ship can be as much as 1500, and the OS is 2,000. So they are much larger than the comparable suites on an "R" ship.

Mura

I think the OC on the O ships should be pretty good. We have been in a Vista on the R ships, but I never wanted to spend that kind of money on the R ships for an OS but might try the OC if one comes up. Thanks a lot.

I'm pretty sure there are some threads here with photos on those rooms. Also quite a bit of information on them. I'd bet a search of those numbers would turn up what you're looking for.

We enjoyed the OC very much. It's the "cheapest" way to get a separate bedroom and very large bath, both of which I have discovered I like a lot! The square footage difference between and OC and a VS isn't that much, and many people prefer the midship location of most of the OCs as opposed to the forward Vistas. Plus when you are having dinner in your suite the 4 seater table in the Oceania and Vista Suites is vastly more comfortable than the foot-of-the-bed set-up in the PH suites. Not to mention the bar ........

We've been in a VS twice on Marina, both times a transatlantic, and didn't have difficulties with the motion (I'm prone to it, DH is not). Not that it couldn't happen! The first time was when O upgraded us for switching cruises and after that we got spoiled!

The main difference for *me* between the VS and the OC is that I like the exercise room in the VS (which they keep saying is to be eliminated but so far we have always had it although we haven't been in a VS for a year and a half) and don't care for the media room in the OC. We didn't use it at all, although I know many people really like it. I would rather have the main TV in the living room.

To each his own ...

The Jacuzzis in the bathroom AND on the veranda are nice, too ....

Mura

I don't have pics, but I did have a walk around one of these suites (can't remember which) earlier this year. The living room is noticeably smaller than the suites on deck 12. Our butler advised against these 2 suites because of the noise from the Terrace Cafe - which was noticeable when we were looking around (chairs scraping). The verandah is much bigger than the deck 12 Oc suites of course.

We were in 11080 last Christmas/New Years on the Riviera and we had a constant problem with the noise from the terrace cafe. We were on the phone many times a day complaining. We understood the noise when the cafe was open, most of the problems came when it was closed. I would go up at 5/6 in morning and the help would be just pushing the tables instead of picking up and moving them.

We are booked on feb 4 on Marina on an OC suite but back on deck 12 again, which we have been on many times before.

We were in 11080 last Christmas/New Years on the Riviera and we had a constant problem with the noise from the terrace cafe. We were on the phone many times a day complaining. We understood the noise when the cafe was open, most of the problems came when it was closed. I would go up at 5/6 in morning and the help would be just pushing the tables instead of picking up and moving them.

We are booked on feb 4 on Marina on an OC suite but back on deck 12 again, which we have been on many times before.

I guess if we get the chance for an OC we will be on deck 12. Thanks a lot for the info. :):):)

Not to be a cheerleader for 11080 but we weren't bothered at all by noise from Terrace but we were on Marina. I wonder if that makes a difference. (Yes, the engine noise we both heard and felt!)

I can't see why it should matter, though.

It's not as if we've never heard noise from above. I remember when Nautica was brand new (we were on her third "voyage" with Renaissance) we were in 8006 and every morning heard furniture being moved above us.

Mura

I had the exact same problem in 11080 on the Marina. Each morning at around 6:00 they pushed the chairs and tables out on the terrace. I went up and complained to the maitre d' who assured me it would stop. I even demonstrated to those who were putting out the tables and chairs how to lift them up rather than sliding them along the deck. It didn't stop. I had a meeting with the hotel manager..same noise the following morning. At the end of the cruise it stopped, only because, I think, the weather was too bad to put the tables out.

this was covered on a previous thread...apparently some are lighter sleepers than others:p some hear it, some don't., but to us it was REALLY annoying.

Richard

We have been fans of aft cabins, but after cruising in the OC 12009 on Marina last summer, we decided to book the cabin again for the transatlantic cruise in a few weeks.

The second bathroom came in handy although we never used the shower. We did not see the need to dirty up another shower when the one in the main bathroom worked for the two of us.

We were not fans of the media room either, although we did use the stereo system a number of times.

We never heard any noise in this cabin on deck 12. It was funny because you walk through glass doors to get to these cabins and it always felt like you were going into your own private area of the ship.

Lastly, the vote for deck 12 because the Terrace Grill and Waves are on the same deck. Made it easier walking back to the cabin carrying malts, shakes, ice cream...you know, all those things you should walk up and down stairs if you want to eat ...... :D

Yes we heard the noise from the engines, but we could live with that, it was not all day every day. One morning at about 6:00 I was awakened but took my camera with me up to the cafe and watched them pushing tables across the terrace outside deck, which I got great video. Showed this to Diego who was at that time handling the problem for Riviera. What got me was that everyone we complained to acted like we were the first with this problem. Our butler told us there is a problem every cruise, we spoke to butler at 11083 and he said the same for his cabin. If it is not a problem with the noise why did we get compensated from Oceania for our inconvenience. But trust me I would have preferred some sleep instead. Can't wait to be back in 12010 in February! Vicki

We have just returned from our cruise in 11083. We loved it. I too spent some time reading through the differing opinions vis a vis the aft suites and those on deck 12. After much deliberation we went for the aft and are so happy that we did. I think one should consider the time of year and climate of your cruise. We had zero noise from the terrace above, but as it was an Autumn med cruise not many people were eating on the outside terrace. The only problem we experienced was considerable vibration when coming into port, so much so that my bedside glass of water on one occasion ended up on the floor, but as we are early risers this did not bother us at all, other than that we had no problem with motion and with that wonderful bed slept like logs.

The suite was fantastic and the highlight for me the wrap around terrace, the view of the wake is mesmerising and we were always able to find a sunny spot. My husband also loved the media room and was able to watch many of his favourite movies without disturbing me relaxing in the main lounge area. ImageUploadedByForums1446576870.947297.jpg.a5b585b1405a46c5b032785b6eb6129d.jpg

I did take photographs when we first entered the suite and I will try to post below.

ImageUploadedByForums1446576728.586018.jpg.c930cc279aef2c8ef4aefb18369f4d46.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1446576773.186371.jpg.1514208e4631945593dba4e81495ea74.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1446576813.438654.jpg.58c1f144416c489db886c2e15e2cc945.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1446576847.574055.jpg.112988fbb6597e85f0591e369f59a1b8.jpg

Your comment about the time of year may well explain why we didn't hear noise from Terrace as well. We were in 11080 from November 20-December 8. While I spent a fair amount of time on the deck reading (it was a warm weather cruise) perhaps not so many people were lunching outside.

Mura

You do hear a little noise from the TG, but the layout I think is much better. At least we think so. Plus the cabin staff is much better because your the only suite they have, so when you walk out they take notice and take care of your cabin right away.

Rick