BYE BYE Liberty of the seas

We're on the first sailing out of G-Town also... can't wait for her to get here.

Cool!

Wife says we can't afford another one this year so I booked Liberty in May and next November.

Are you still active at Dallas?

I am eligible to retire from the DA's office, but plan on staying as long as I can in order to keep cruising. :D

The same remarks were made over and over and over about Quantum too.:rolleyes:

I'm sad to see Liberty leave, but excited for Anthem to call New Jersey home!

It will be interesting to see what you think of the Anthem, as I prefer to cruise out of the USA, however due to the kids we have been sailing out of Southampton.

The last trip we did was on Anthem last week, and although the ship is fantastic, it is a nightmare if its full ... with queues everywhere, and it seems like the current transatlantic trip is having the same issues. To be fair I will not do the 3 day long weekends anymore as it just becomes a booze cruise. It will be good to see the ship "Americanised" as it needs this doing to it, although I can see the negative comments continuing for a brief time until this happens.

It does seem someone has dropped the ball at RCL though as reviews for both Quantum Class ships has not been that good really, and its a shame as it is a beautiful ship but the balance between number of passengers and "free space" has been compromised in my opinion.

I look forward to seeing the posts from NY/NJ over the next few weeks as we love sailing from NY down to the Caribbean.

Gary & Sue xx

Guess i have to make it clear,i hope the anthem would go to China.The amusement park of the seas.:)

Quantum is already in China and Ovation will stick to the Asia-Pacific market aswell.

I am glad that at least Anthem stays here.

I love Celebrity S Class ships (they are far from amusement park and I think most RCI ships have more "amusement facilities" than X does) but still had a great time on Anthem.

Not sure why you love to bash Anthem. Have you sailed on Q Class?

I agree, some folks just love to moan and bitch. They have no idea whatsoever. I sailed the big Q for 11 nites, and loved it--it's a fantastic ship. Got reserves on the Anthem in August and can't wait.

I agree, some folks just love to moan and bitch. They have no idea whatsoever. I sailed the big Q for 11 nites, and loved it--it's a fantastic ship. Got reserves on the Anthem in August and can't wait.

I agree, it's crazy really. I haven't been on either Quantum or Anthem unfortunately, just because itineraries haven't worked out and I refuse to sail the 7 Night Bahamas Cruise. Hoping Anthem stays around in NJ for quite awhile, as I want to do a B2B Bermuda/Caribbean in the summer, once we have more time. Only a few more years!

I agree, it's crazy really. I haven't been on either Quantum or Anthem unfortunately.

While I am happy to be back on the Liberty of the Seas, I was sure able to find a lot to like with the Quantum class, as well.

I noticed that they are discounting beverage packages on this repo to Galveston for C&A members, with Gold's getting 10% reduction, Plat's and Emerald's 20%, D's 30% and D+'s and Pinnacles getting a whole 50% off.

Even with that, the D lounge was packed from the moment it opened, with most not even enjoying the sail away from Cape Liberty.

It will be interesting to see what you think of the Anthem, as I prefer to cruise out of the USA, however due to the kids we have been sailing out of Southampton.

The last trip we did was on Anthem last week, and although the ship is fantastic, it is a nightmare if its full ... with queues everywhere, and it seems like the current transatlantic trip is having the same issues. To be fair I will not do the 3 day long weekends anymore as it just becomes a booze cruise. It will be good to see the ship "Americanised" as it needs this doing to it, although I can see the negative comments continuing for a brief time until this happens.

It does seem someone has dropped the ball at RCL though as reviews for both Quantum Class ships has not been that good really, and its a shame as it is a beautiful ship but the balance between number of passengers and "free space" has been compromised in my opinion.

I look forward to seeing the posts from NY/NJ over the next few weeks as we love sailing from NY down to the Caribbean.

Gary & Sue xx

I have been on Quantum during a holiday sailing (most likely to capacity) and didn't really have problems with crowds/lines.

I too look forward to upcoming reviews and really hope that many issues are resolved. I agree they are beautiful ships.:)

Hello, We are sailing on the Liberty in early December. Will the concierge lounge still exist on deck 10 or will it have changed to the suites lounge? I am confused.

The Concierge Lounge will be moving to deck 14 where the card/game room was (now closed under construction), and cabins will be installed where it is now on Deck 10. This will happen after dry dock in Jan.

The Concierge Lounge will be moving to deck 14 where the card/game room was (now closed under construction), and cabins will be installed where it is now on Deck 10. This will happen after dry dock in Jan.

According to the new deck plans, the current CL on deck 10 will become the library and card room.

The Concierge Lounge will be moving to deck 14 where the card/game room was (now closed under construction).

This is great news! Having the CL in the interior of the ship is very unappealing!

We loved the CL on the Radiance. A beautiful view while we were on our Alaska cruise!