Diamond and diamond plus status

clott

Has anyone heard rumors about royal changing the numbers to get to diamond and diamond plus. A friend of mine just got off the enchantment and she said everybody was talking about them upping the numbers to get to diamond and diamond plus because there are so many diamonds

Has anyone heard rumors about royal changing the numbers to get to diamond and diamond plus. A friend of mine just got off the enchantment and she said everybody was talking about them upping the numbers to get to diamond and diamond plus because there are so many diamonds

I'm guessing no one has heard that since 42 people have read this post and not commented. This comes up more and more often. It's not going to change the current numbers if they did. It would just slow it down a bit, maybe.

Seriously doubt that they would change the required nights sailing to get to a level.

They may add a new level and/or take away benefits from current levels but I just don't see them changing the number of nights to get to a level.

Emerald was added a few years ago, but that really didn't do much. I do agree though that they probably won't change the required nights. More likely they'll change the benefits.

It can be done.

My points are about to jump 84 points in two cruises.

10 nights, solo in JS and 18 nights, solo in a JS.

Cheers

Yes-- it can be done. But the cruise they listed above only gets them 21 points, and from the wording seems to be the higher one-- perhaps that they already had some points and this got them further?

They are already prepping for a change. In my opinion, they will make an easy transition without changing the number of points needed for the next level. They are removing Diamond Plus from the Concierge lounge and sending them to the Diamond Lounge to save the Concierge lounge for pinnacles and suites. They have added 3 drinks to the Diamond's sea pass card. It will be very simple for them to delete the Diamond's ability to use the Diamond lounge without much hype.

I am becoming Diamond Plus after December, so I am not too worried. But I do enjoy the socializing with other Diamonds that I have enjoyed so far in the lounge. But it would be easy via the roll call to make our own Diamond Lounge and find one of the bars underutilized and go there every evening before dinner. You could get to know the bartender and get 3 drinks, which really would not be much different.

They are already prepping for a change. In my opinion, they will make an easy transition without changing the number of points needed for the next level. They are removing Diamond Plus from the Concierge lounge and sending them to the Diamond Lounge to save the Concierge lounge for pinnacles and suites. They have added 3 drinks to the Diamond's sea pass card. It will be very simple for them to delete the Diamond's ability to use the Diamond lounge without much hype.

I am becoming Diamond Plus after December, so I am not too worried. But I do enjoy the socializing with other Diamonds that I have enjoyed so far in the lounge. But it would be easy via the roll call to make our own Diamond Lounge and find one of the bars underutilized and go there every evening before dinner. You could get to know the bartender and get 3 drinks, which really would not be much different.

I like your attitude!

Yes-- it can be done. But the cruise they listed above only gets them 21 points, and from the wording seems to be the higher one-- perhaps that they already had some points and this got them further?

Ten nights, 30 points plus 18 nights, 54 points is 84 points; when you sail solo on a junior suite you get TRIPLE points!

All companies change reward programs sooner or later, sop. If you cruise because you love cruising it shouldn't be a big deal. Have not heard anything.

I haven't heard anything, but it would be a smart move on their part. It is too easy to reach diamond and D+. It only took me seven cruises to reach Diamond and only four more (eleven cruises total) to reach D+.

Seems that the crown and anchor potential changes comes up about every six or so months. A while ago, it was even suggested that the rumor is started by Royal Caribbean, to see what the feeling is about a variety of changes. Those potential changes that seem to get mentioned the most might give the company a starting point. I have no idea if this concept is true, I am just reporting what I've read on Cruise Critic.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Seems that the crown and anchor potential changes comes up about every six or so months. A while ago, it was even suggested that the rumor is started by Royal Caribbean, to see what the feeling is about a variety of changes. Those potential changes that seem to get mentioned the most might give the company a starting point. I have no idea if this concept is true, I am just reporting what I've read on Cruise Critic.

M

That was a rumor started by Carnival.

I'm guessing no one has heard that since 42 people have read this post and not commented.

FWIW, I know there are replies now, but this forum is huge. I think there is probably 200 members who have birthdays today. As one of the newest Diamond members, (haven't cruise yet as Diamond) I'm following with interest, but will read a few replies the comment (more) ;)

Who really cares anyway.... Status this status that...we've been loyal to royal for 900 years.. At the end of the day Royal does not really care about what you all might think is fair in the sense of loyalty rewards.. They just dangle enough to keep you around and that is all a loyalty program is supposed to do. Do yourself a favor and go sail other, multiple lines and forget about loyalty... It has already forgotten about you.

Wow, this thread has gotten toxic. Its no wonder the roll calls are way down. If your not interested in the read move on, to another. I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary of joining and I can't believe how toxic its getting. IMO lots of people are becoming self appointed moderators. I for one thing the official ones do fine.

I'm interested in the topic, and even if no changes come, what's the harm?

I haven't heard anything, but it would be a smart move on their part. It is too easy to reach diamond and D+. It only took me seven cruises to reach Diamond and only four more (eleven cruises total) to reach D+.

You make a valid point, the last change, since I have been involved was when they changed from cruise count to cruise days. I'll be there are a bunch of Florida Diamonds who made it via 10 3 day cruises. :D

Does having too many Diamonds really cause any problems for Royal?

IMO lots of people are becoming self appointed moderators. I for one thing the official ones do fine.

I'm interested in the topic, and even if no changes come, what's the harm?

Very well said Bill. I know the Mods do a great job!

Changes will occur but we will have to wait and see when and what they will be. We have invested lots of time and money in cruising but for our own enjoyment. If RCI and Celebrity give us perks for cruising with them --- so much the better :)