Dumb Question About Electronic Postcards

mcmarya

A couple of years ago while on the Sapphire Princess we were able to send free electronic postcards from the Princess website on the computers onboard. I don't see anything about this now on the website--is this a thing of the past?

Available in the spring on the Emerald. Probably still exists on all ships. Person who asked about it on the Coral may not have been given correct information.

The Internet screens often are changed, but here was how to access the E-card then.

On the screen where it asks if you are a new or returning user, on the upper right is a box listing the free options. No need to sign in to use these.

890412%20070%2004.12.15%20Internet%20signup%20-%20b%20DSC06163_zpsklohnbnw.jpg

That leads to the following screen which has a box on the left which includes a link to send a free Princess e-card.

890412%20077%2004.12.15%20Internet%20free%20options%20b%20DSC06170_zpsxqaobtqd.jpg

And that brings you to the screen where you can select which E-card to use.

890412%20078%2004.12.15%20Internet%20free%20E-card%20a%20DSC06171_zpsqrz7gvah.jpg

Edited by caribill

A couple of years ago while on the Sapphire Princess we were able to send free electronic postcards from the Princess website on the computers onboard. I don't see anything about this now on the website--is this a thing of the past?

I received one today.

There's a smartphone app called Postagram. You can take a picture with your phone and select it then write a message and send it to a postal address.

It uploads your pic and message to Postagram's office then it's printed out, postcard style, and mailed. The office is on the west coast of the US so it can get anywhere in the States in just a few days instead of the 2 or 3 weeks a postcard normally takes from the Caribbean.

You don't have to buy a postcard or find stamps or a place to mail it in a Caribbean port. The app sells packages of 15 "cards" for $12 or so. I use it all the time. You can usually find wifi somewhere in port to make the e-connection with Postagram.

I am on the Coral right now. I asked, No free e-postcards, No free Princess.com on the new system. They tell me changes for the better will come. Right now this new system is in it's infancy. Coral employees are working more hours than prior MTN.

That is quite a change.

Have you been able to use Princess Messenger onboard?

We used the Messenger onboard the Coral. It worked fine once we figured it out but the limitation is that there is no notification. You have to check for a message. I can certainly see why Princess doesn't want people's phones dinging in shows but a vibration would be nice.

We used the Messenger onboard the Coral. It worked fine once we figured it out but the limitation is that there is no notification. You have to check for a message. I can certainly see why Princess doesn't want people's phones dinging in shows but a vibration would be nice.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Was the 'no notifications' on

Apple, or Android?

We used it on Coral recently (Sept - Oct) on a 17 day cruise. My wife sent from both her android phone and her iPad and I sent from my android phone. With either platform we had to check to see if there was a message and check to see if there was a reply. Sometimes the reply wasn't exactly "instantaneous" in appearing even when checking... It was still quite useful to us and the other part - checking events, checking charges to the folio - was also quite useful.

We used it on Coral recently (Sept - Oct) on a 17 day cruise. My wife sent from both her android phone and her iPad and I sent from my android phone. With either platform we had to check to see if there was a message and check to see if there was a reply. Sometimes the reply wasn't exactly "instantaneous" in appearing even when checking... It was still quite useful to us and the other part - checking events, checking charges to the folio - was also quite useful.

I really liked the fact that you don't have to enter your sign on information each time you want to access the Internet like you used to. Now you just leave the Princess at Sea app signed on and accessing the Internet is a one button push. Signing off was easier too although I usually had to tap the sign off button twice to get my minutes used screen.