What if this Diamond Lounge change happened...

How about no more cross over between Celebrity and Royal? Everyone can keep their lounges and will have to earn diamond or elite the old fashioned way!

I doubt that will happen. It's a pretty good marketing tool to keep people under the Royal umbrella. It gives people like me who don't have a problem sailing other lines an incentive to book Celebrity instead of Princess or Holland.

You can sail in a suite for a lot less than 17k...

Perhaps I should explain: we have an RFS booking on the Explorer and one planned for the Ovation in a Grand Loft Suit with Balcony. The difference between them (admittedly for 3 Adults 3 kids) is $15,000.

More significantly the price difference between to staterooms and the suites on the new ships is massive, which I think justify extra service.

You can sail in a suite for a lot less than 17k...

When we were on the explorer years ago I could do a grand suite for less than $4000.00 look at a JS on the Anthem now $7000.00. A grand suite is over $10.000 all the money I spent to get to diamond so fast for the perks is going fornot?

When we were on the explorer years ago I could do a grand suite for less than $4000.00 look at a JS on the Anthem now $7000.00. A grand suite is over $10.000 all the money I spent to get to diamond so fast for the perks is going fornot?

I realize that the Anthem is quite a bit pricier than the other ships but nevertheless for $1425 a day I am sure I could find several amazing vacation adventures that would far surpass what the Anthem has to offer.

I have yet to pay more than $5k for a suite for a up to an 8 day cruise.

Last couple of 7 day cruise and next is costing us about 3200 total for a GS, but prices seem to be going up my 12 day cruise in GS has went up over 1k per person since we booked

I realize that the Anthem is quite a bit pricier than the other ships but nevertheless for $1425 a day I am sure I could find several amazing vacation adventures that would far surpass what the Anthem has to offer.

I agree with you on this. If I was going to spend that kind of money, it would likely not be on a cruise.

We did SJS on the Quantum, 12 days, maybe 5500? We has a OS on a 15 day TA and that was about the same. I might be willing to spend a little more, but, not much more.

Just shoot me:rolleyes:

Us too! Can this get any more clear? This is the age of "work hard, invest and then watch it all disappear" before you actually have a chance to enjoy! Pensions are being removed, retirement funds are lost and Soc Security is no backup, why shouldn't RCCL follow suit? JMHO!

Us too! Can this get any more clear? This is the age of "work hard, invest and then watch it all disappear" before you actually have a chance to enjoy! Pensions are being removed, retirement funds are lost and Soc Security is no backup, why shouldn't RCCL follow suit? JMHO!

So true! It's like those darn Baby Boomers pulled the ladder up behind them...

No, that's when the New Royal Suites Class Program goes into effect on Quantum and Oasis class.

Great, it does not apply to us. I thought, based on the topic, that the OP had inside info that May was the month that D & D+ get demoted. LOL

We did SJS on the Quantum, 12 days, maybe 5500? We has a OS on a 15 day TA and that was about the same. I might be willing to spend a little more, but, not much more.

Just out of curiosity, if you were to smoke some sticks on Quantum, where would have smoked them? Hypothetically speaking of course. :D

Edited by Big_G

Great, it does not apply to us. I thought, based on the topic, that the OP had inside info that May was the month that D & D+ get demoted. LOL

My reference to May 2016 was an attempt to illustrate the major gripes that D+ extra have seemed to be based on what they are getting in relation to the suite programme. I think after May 2016 there will be massive gulf between the two standards of service...

This status thing keeps coming up.

Forked out for a suite on my upcoming first cruise. Seems we just get a bigger room. Not even a free drink. Looks like we subsidise those who do this often and get perks. Those who say you have invested money, no you haven't. You have bought holidays on cruises. You have got what you paid for. This status system is to entice some to return but has the side effect to deter others.

My reference to May 2016 was an attempt to illustrate the major gripes that D+ extra have seemed to be based on what they are getting in relation to the suite programme. I think after May 2016 there will be massive gulf between the two standards of service...

Pinnacle Club Members currently enjoy Gold Cards and many if not all of the suite benefits. When the new Royal Class Suite Program goes into effect in May, PC Members will fall into the Skye Suite Category when it comes to benefits.

This status thing keeps coming up.

Forked out for a suite on my upcoming first cruise. Seems we just get a bigger room. Not even a free drink. Looks like we subsidise those who do this often and get perks. Those who say you have invested money, no you haven't. You have bought holidays on cruises. You have got what you paid for. This status system is to entice some to return but has the side effect to deter others.

You get the Concierge lounge where you can enjoy "free" cocktails between 5-8:30 every evening. From the RCI website regarding Enhanced Program for Suite Guests

We made it D level and enjoyed the Concierge Lounge. Sometimes the lounges were so full you could not get your little toe into the area! There was no real warning that it would go away. Just total outrage from all of the D members when we got our eviction notices! ...the D Event/D lounges soon were introduced!

We liked the RCI product so we continued to cruise and earned the rank of D+ and once again we got to go to the Concierge Lounge. Some cruises it was so full you could not get your little toe into the area! The D Lounge was also full so we went to the bars.

Now the newer ships are introducing Suite Lounges - NO Concierge Lounge! Does it matter a whole lot to us? NO! We seriously doubt that we will ever make it to Pinnacle... so we are trying other things and now cruising Celebrity. Something different! With Celebrity, the Elite cocktail hour has never been overcrowded. The ships are wonderful. RCI has to fill that gap between D+ and Pinnacle....it is a large desert with nothing to offer!

Will we cruise RCI again....Absolutely! If the itinerary/ship are right we will go in a heartbeat!

Edited by JMG

People were waiting at 4:27 yesterday for the lounge to open at 5...... Give me the vouchers any day so I can drink when and where I want: and with whom I want. I get free coffee at the Cafe Promenade too. Haven't even been into the DL yet

Live on the Allure TA where there are 1200 diamonds, 850 D+ and 56 PCs.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

How is CK handling the large Pinnacle group

The rumor is that there will be a Suite Lounge for Gold Card Holders and a Diamond Lounge for Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club. Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members will still have 3 drinks loaded onto their SeaPass Card, but Diamond Members will not have a lounge to visit.

Hope this is not true for Diamonds. I have just been bragging on Royals Diamond benefits on the Celebrity threads where Royal had the lounge and card.

Close to Diamond Plus, but still........