CCL Stock, where to buy

twinkle toes

I purchased the stock this morning, the 18th. Does that mean I will also receive a dividend for this quarter? I'm happy enough with the $100 OBC for our January cruise, but the extra $30 would be sweet! :)

Fast Answers

headerBarLanding.jpg

Ex-Dividend Dates:

When Are You Entitled to Dividends

To determine whether you should get a dividend, you need to look at two important dates. They are the "record date" or "date of record" and the "ex-dividend date" or "ex-date."

When a company declares a dividend, it sets a record date when you must be on the company's books as a shareholder to receive the dividend. Companies also use this date to determine who is sent proxy statements, financial reports, and other information.

Once the company sets the record date, the ex-dividend date is set based on stock exchange rules. The ex-dividend date is usually set for stocks two business days before the record date. If you purchase a stock on its ex-dividend date or after, you will not receive the next dividend payment. Instead, the seller gets the dividend. If you purchase before the ex-dividend date, you get the dividend.

Here is an example:

Declaration Date

Ex-Dividend Date

Record Date

Payable Date

Friday, 7/26/2013

Thursday, 8/8/2013

Monday, 8/12/2013

Tuesday,

For CCL

Ex/Eff Date Type Cash Amount Declaration Date Record Date Payment Date

11/18/2015 Cash 0.3 10/15/2015 11/20/2015 12/11/2015

Edited by TFM70

I bought my stock yesterday on Scottrade. Today I received confirmation on their website. I printed off this confirmation and sent it to Princess today. I then called them and asked them if they could speed up the processing as I have a cruise that departs on the 25th of this month. They put me on hold for about 5 minutes, and when the agent came back on, she said everything was taken care of and that my OBC was in my account on Princess.

Fast Answers

headerBarLanding.jpg

Ex-Dividend Dates:

When Are You Entitled to Dividends

To determine whether you should get a dividend, you need to look at two important dates. They are the "record date" or "date of record" and the "ex-dividend date" or "ex-date."

When a company declares a dividend, it sets a record date when you must be on the company's books as a shareholder to receive the dividend. Companies also use this date to determine who is sent proxy statements, financial reports, and other information.

Once the company sets the record date, the ex-dividend date is set based on stock exchange rules. The ex-dividend date is usually set for stocks two business days before the record date. If you purchase a stock on its ex-dividend date or after, you will not receive the next dividend payment. Instead, the seller gets the dividend. If you purchase before the ex-dividend date, you get the dividend.

Here is an example:

Declaration Date

Ex-Dividend Date

Record Date

Payable Date

Friday, 7/26/2013

Thursday, 8/8/2013

Monday, 8/12/2013

Tuesday,

For CCL

Ex/Eff Date Type Cash Amount Declaration Date Record Date Payment Date

11/18/2015 Cash 0.3 10/15/2015 11/20/2015 12/11/2015

Thanks for this information. It looks like the answer is no.. I do not get the dividend this quarter. But I'm a happy camper anyway since we are up over $140 over yesterday's purchase. I know these things fluctuate greatly, but it was fun watching the profits go up today. My DH said I am going to drive myself nuts if I keep watching. Really, did not buy for the profits. The money had to go into an IRA anyway so might as well get the OBC for our next two scheduled cruises.

CCL gets it right by allowing one to stack the discounts. That's the way it should be. (Listen up RCCL!) It will make a difference to us when we look at potential cruises in the future.

Can you tell me what you mean by "stack the discounts"?

On Princess, one can get multiple OBCs from different sources. We get the military benefit as well as shareholder. I also get benefits from my TA. If you buy a Future Cruise Certificate my understanding is that will "stack" on top of the other benefits.

RCCL will not allow you to stack these types of benefits. I believe they used to be more generous a few years ago.

I bought our stock via USAA late on 11/18. Faxed in the info to Princess around noon 11/19. Just checked a couple of hours ago and the OBC is posted!! And the cruise departs 12/3 so just under the "2 week" wire...though I think Princess would have done their best to honor it!

I know nothing about the online brokerage accounts but it wasn't too difficult at all.

The only thing I would caution is if you want both names of a couple on the account: you can't make it a retirement account (I was doing it in a hurry and didn't even think about an IRA being "individual"!!!). So I clicked IRA and figured there would be a place later on to put our names--nope! Well, not too long before he can mess with a retirement account and change it up but it means no stock OBC for me when cruising with family and/or friends when he can't go along too.

Edited by gotta cruise again

I bought our stock ... late on 11/18. Faxed in the info to Princess around noon 11/19. Just checked a couple of hours ago and the OBC is posted!! .

Same here. OBC was in my account this morning, the 20th. I wasn't sure after I faxed it in whether I needed to do this through my TA or direct so I called. Gal said it should be faxed directly to Princess and would take up to 7 days to post. Looks like it's only taking 1 day now.

Same here. OBC was in my account this morning, the 20th. I wasn't sure after I faxed it in whether I needed to do this through my TA or direct so I called. Gal said it should be faxed directly to Princess and would take up to 7 days to post. Looks like it's only taking 1 day now.

Got my statement on Monday - snail mailed it in and the credit is already there!

The only thing I would caution is if you want both names of a couple on the account: you can't make it a retirement account (I was doing it in a hurry and didn't even think about an IRA being "individual"!!!). So I clicked IRA and figured there would be a place later on to put our names--nope! Well, not too long before he can mess with a retirement account and change it up but it means no stock OBC for me when cruising with family and/or friends when he can't go along too.

If you want...you can buy another hundred shares (in the other person's name). Then when you travel alone or with a group of friends you can get the OBC.

If you travel with friends, book each of you in a different cabin with one of your friends. Then when you get on the ship, shuffle around at passenger services. Couples do that all the time with their kids, cuz at least one person in the cabin has to be 18 (or 21 not sure). Daddy in one cabin with the 10 year old, Mommy in the cabin with the 12 year old - connecting cabins, maybe. Then reorganize on the ship.

I bought our stock via USAA late on 11/18. Faxed in the info to Princess around noon 11/19. Just checked a couple of hours ago and the OBC is posted!

Yeah, ya gotta lovre USAA!!If there is a number that's better than #1, that's what USAA is. At least as far as my wife and I are concerned!

And, speaking of retirement things, if anybody is not collecting social security yet, then make sure you check out the 2 changes to the SS program that are going to become effective 1 May 2016, as they may have an impact on you!!

Tom

Have to be 18.

Tom

For a single cabin the cruise contract says:

"Passengers under the age of 21 years must travel in a stateroom with a Passenger 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise."

For multiple cabins the cruise contract says

"For families or groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for at least one person in each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian."

Last week for my January cruise I sold $5,500 dollars worth of mutual funds in my IRA and bought 100 shares of CCL. 10 minutes later I printed the portfolio tab from my online account and redacted account numbers and other personal information not necessary for the OBC. I could have then sold the stock a few minutes later if I had wanted to. I waited a few days just for fun, and to abide by at least the spirit of the stockholder credit. When I sold CCL and bought back the mutual funds I had made a few dollars on the "spread". More than paid for my commissions. What is the value of compounding interest for 20 years on the extra $50 I made? I may be able to go on another cruise with that to celebrate my retirement.

Moral of the story, I have been able to receive the OBC with only a portfolio holdings page print out with personal information redacted.

FF115

Last week for my January cruise I sold $5,500 dollars worth of mutual funds in my IRA and bought 100 shares of CCL. 10 minutes later I printed the portfolio tab from my online account and redacted account numbers and other personal information not necessary for the OBC. I could have then sold the stock a few minutes later if I had wanted to. I waited a few days just for fun, and to abide by at least the spirit of the stockholder credit. When I sold CCL and bought back the mutual funds I had made a few dollars on the "spread". More than paid for my commissions. What is the value of compounding interest for 20 years on the extra $50 I made? I may be able to go on another cruise with that to celebrate my retirement.

Moral of the story, I have been able to receive the OBC with only a portfolio holdings page print out with personal information redacted.

FF115

And then posted it on the site that princess reads so that they may eventually change this loophole.

For a single cabin the cruise contract says:

"Passengers under the age of 21 years must travel in a stateroom with a Passenger 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise."

For multiple cabins the cruise contract says

"For families or groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for at least one person in each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian."

Yep, you're correct. I'd have sworn I had just read 18. Guess that's what I get for swearing! Thanks for the correction.

Tom

Tom - are the changes to SS posted on the government web site?

I'm not sure. I don't remember where I saw it but I just did a search and I did find another link that explains it a bit. Here's that link:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/key-social-security-strategies-hit-by-budget-deal-2015-10-30

Tom

CCL announced a Share Repurchase program today and stock prices went down. I'm still ahead .17 /share over my purchase - but not sure what this means for future growth. Read up a little, but really not stock market savvy enough to fully understand the consequences of the program. Can anyone give a simple explanation? Sort of stock market for dummies level. [emoji4]

I am no expert but CCL closed down $1.00 today at $50.39 probably due to the turmoil going on in the world.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/the-impacts-of-the-us-worldwide-travel-alert/ar-BBnomMY?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=SL5CDHP

Stock repurchase programs reduce the number of outstanding shares and have the effect of boosting EPS (earnings per share) which will generally cause an increase in the price of a stock over time.

Howard

If you want...you can buy another hundred shares (in the other person's name). Then when you travel alone or with a group of friends you can get the OBC.

If you travel with friends, book each of you in a different cabin with one of your friends. Then when you get on the ship, shuffle around at passenger services. Couples do that all the time with their kids, cuz at least one person in the cabin has to be 18 (or 21 not sure). Daddy in one cabin with the 10 year old, Mommy in the cabin with the 12 year old - connecting cabins, maybe. Then reorganize on the ship.

If you wonder why some perks and benefits are lost read the above. The OBC for Princess stockholders is a terrific benefit. Actions such as these put that benefit in danger.

If you wonder why some perks and benefits are lost read the above. The OBC for Princess stockholders is a terrific benefit. Actions such as these put that benefit in danger.

I really don't think so-- they are talking about having twice as many shares. I suspect princess would be ok with that.

I really don't think so-- they are talking about having twice as many shares. I suspect princess would be ok with that.

You are correct!

If mom has 100 shares of CCL and dad has another 100 shares of CCL then you can book one cabin for the parents and another cabin for the kids and receive OBC for both cabins. On a 14 day cruise that is an OBC of $500.00

Howard

There are many Carnival stockholders with far more than 200 shares who do not fiddle the system. The stockholders OBC is not a permanent benefit. Carnival corporation decides each year whether to extend the benefit and at what level. Fortunately, they have renewed the benefit each year.

You may note that OBC benefits such as FCC have been reduced significantly. Unlimited internet for suites was abolished because it was misused.

It is rumored that Princess management reads these pages.