CCL Stock, where to buy

twinkle toes

According to Princess, non-refundable credits are used first and then refundable.

Tom

I am just being technical about how they keep track. The refund at the end is never more than the total of the refundable amounts. There is no actual counter keeping track of which credit was used. They just subtract all purchases from the total. However you think of it the end results are the same. As a programmer I was just thinking about how I would keep track.

Don't forget that Princess also states that certain things such as tips can not use some credits. In reality they keep track of nothing but the balance and the maximum refund.

15 days cruisetour. Does this qualify for the $250?

I believe that only days on board ship count toward the amount of shareowner OBC (that's why it's called "On Board" Credit) but you might want to call Princess to verify this.

Edited by cactusrose
  • Like 1

Cruise tour days don't count :(

Thanks!

Per Princess web site' date=' only days on the ship count.[/quote']

Can you please post a link to where you found it-- couldn't find anything directly relating to this on the princess website. Just general carnival stock info on Google.

Thanks!

Can you please post a link to where you found it-- couldn't find anything directly relating to this on the princess website. Just general carnival stock info on Google.

As you likely know, it is not a credit from Princess, it is a credit from Carnival Corp. This means that Carnival Corp. sets the policy and therefore you will find it on the Carnival Corp website.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

As you likely know, it is not a credit from Princess, it is a credit from Carnival Corp. This means that Carnival Corp. sets the policy and therefore you will find it on the Carnival Corp website.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Thanks for posting. This was the link I had seen before-- it does say "sailings" but doesn't specifically exclude cruisetours. That's why I had thought it would be included.

CRAP!!! I have been watching the price of the CCL shares for the past 2 days and was going to buy them when I got home from running my errands. Unfortunately, I was delayed and now I can't purchase and have proof of ownership until monday, the 16th. Our cruise leaves on the 25th. Have I "missed the boat" timewise to get OBC credit for my cruise???

CRAP!!! I have been watching the price of the CCL shares for the past 2 days and was going to buy them when I got home from running my errands. Unfortunately, I was delayed and now I can't purchase and have proof of ownership until monday, the 16th. Our cruise leaves on the 25th. Have I "missed the boat" timewise to get OBC credit for my cruise???

I just bought today too and printed off the benefit request form - it states 'applications to receive benefit must be made no later than 14 days prior to the cruise departure date'.

I guess you can try to mail it in and hope for the best. Good luck!

Watching the price of a stock like CCL that you are going to keep to receive the dividends and OBC is a mistake that many make to try an save a few $$$. You can place limit orders so you don't have to watch a fluctuating stock price.

You might be able to place an order on a Fidelity or other brokerage web site and it will take place when the market opens on Monday. CCL closed today at $51.56 down $.61. It may take a few days for the transaction to post in your account

Call Princess and ask them if they will accept a Monday purchase.

Good luck

Howard

Ask the stockbroker to immediately email you "proof of purchase". As soon as you get it, the fastest way is to fax it in, then call Princess, tell the rep the time and fax # it was sent from...then BEG.:eek:

I don't believe that it will be necessary to "beg" or do anything out of the ordinary. When I got my proof of ownership, I filled out the form and faxed it and the proof to them and the credit was posted to my account less than an hour later. You might put a cover letter with the 2 documents and explain on it the fact that you just got the documentation. It's probably not a real problem and the 2 weeks is just a "worst case" situation.

Tom

Buying my CCL stock in Oct. 2008, during the recession, was a great decision. I paid $25/share for my 100 shares and now it's worth over $51.

So far my stock value has increased by $3,429 (and I now have 115 shares), I've received $1,200 in OBC, and $800 in dividends. That's a $5,429 profit in the past 7 yrs.

I purchased it inside my IRA so I didn't have to plunk down any cash and the increased value and dividends go toward making my future retirement even better!! Win-win. :D

• Like 1

Buying my CCL stock in Oct. 2008, during the recession, was a great decision. I paid $25/share for my 100 shares and now it's worth over $51.

So far my stock value has increased by $3,429 (and I now have 115 shares), I've received $1,200 in OBC, and $800 in dividends. That's a $5,429 profit in the past 7 yrs.

I purchased it inside my IRA so I didn't have to plunk down any cash and the increased value and dividends go toward making my future retirement even better!! Win-win. :D

The only problem with buying stock in an IRA is instead of the gain being a capitol gain and taxed at the capitol gains rate you are going to be taxed at a higher ordinary income tax rate when you remove them from an IRA. Unless of course it eventually goes to heirs.

Howard

• Like 1

The only problem with buying stock in an IRA is instead of the gain being a capitol gain and taxed at the capitol gains rate you are going to be taxed at a higher ordinary income tax rate when you remove them from an IRA. Unless of course it eventually goes to heirs.

Howard

If it is in a ROTH IRA, there will be no tax on withdrawals.

For ROTH or REGULAR IRA ,if you are doing dividend reinvestment's, you don't pay tax on the dividends and you are reinvesting the whole dividend. There are advantages for either plan, depending on your circumstances.

I've made lots of money over the years buying and selling it through my Fidelity account. Because we make so many trades (DH day trades) commissions on all our accounts are super low.

I made a bunch of $$$ on it a few months ago and just bought it back this morning when it dropped right after the opening. It goes X Dividend in 2 days, so I will get the dividend and will get the OBC for our January cruise. The airlines and cruise lines were down this morning thanks to the incident in Paris Memories fade, so unless there is another attack it should rebound quickly. Best of all Princess lets you piggyback OBC. I don't buy RCCL stock because they don't let us combine it with our Diamond discount.

If it is in a ROTH IRA, there will be no tax on withdrawals.

For ROTH or REGULAR IRA ,if you are doing dividend reinvestment's, you don't pay tax on the dividends and you are reinvesting the whole dividend. There are advantages for either plan, depending on your circumstances.

It's in a Roth and dividends are reinvested. :D

I just purchased my stock in CCL earlier today. My Scottrade account says that the transaction is "unsettled". Does anyone know how long it takes them before I can print off verification to send with my Shareholder form to get OBC?

Why not give them a call and ask them? It's not a complex question and they might even be able to send you some other sort of documentation to cover you in the interim. Calling Scottrade seems to be a better place to get an answer than Cruise Critic, at least to my way of thinking.

Tom

I just purchased my stock in CCL earlier today. My Scottrade account says that the transaction is "unsettled". Does anyone know how long it takes them before I can print off verification to send with my Shareholder form to get OBC?

I agree with Pierlesscruisers, give Scottrade a call. I believe though that it takes 3 business days to settle a trade, at least that's been my experience.

I agree with Pierlesscruisers, give Scottrade a call. I believe though that it takes 3 business days to settle a trade, at least that's been my experience.

You probably also have a local Scottrade office, so you could call them. Note that there is a downside to Scottrade - dividends of less than a full share (currently $51) will NOT be rolled into new stock. Since a quarterly dividend on 100 shares will be $30, this always goes to your cash balance. When I had my CCL stock in my 401K self-directed account it built from 100 shares to 130 in maybe 4 years, but now I am stuck forever at 100 shares with Scottrade. Grrr. If you want to build shares with dividend reinvestment, check how the broker handles this before you buy.

Using a 401K if allowed by your company makes great sense, since this is money you would be keeping long-term anyway and the dividends accumulate tax-free.

It goes X Dividend in 2 days, so I will get the dividend and will get the OBC for our January cruise.

I purchased the stock this morning, the 18th. Does that mean I will also receive a dividend for this quarter? I'm happy enough with the $100 OBC for our January cruise, but the extra $30 would be sweet! :)