Info needed where to park at Port Everglades

beachlvn

There are two parking lots near the cruise port and airport. We have used park-n-fly in the past and have reservations for January again. Cost is $93.53 with taxes for 7 day cruise. Service has been excellent. Both are within a block or less of each other.

Parking within the port is $15/day; so $115 for 7 days.

Seems like a small savings for a big hassle.

We have also used Park N Go many times, but will park at the garage at the pier next month. If we pay in advance at Park N Go, the cost will be $67.78 plus tips. The difference of $16 is just not worth it to us.

That is our thinking as well. For our cruise which is only six nights the difference is too small to be worth it. I do understand prices need to increase, but they have to understand that at some point, price increases make folks decide to look elsewhere!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I just prepaid $4.95 a day for parking, plus a small service charge. They use the lot at the Embassy Suites and provide free shuttle service. I used them last year too. Total cost for a week with service charge and taxes, $41.90

http://www.airportparkinginc.com/ Just choose Port Everglades from the drop-down menu.

We have been driving down from Cleveland for many many years and have always parked at the terminal. Very convenient and gets us back on the road towards home very early especially when combined with express disembarkation from the ship. Even if Princess returns to a different terminal they will have a shuttle that takes you there. If 17th St is congested you can always enter on Eller Drive off Route 1. The price they charge is worth it in my opinion.

That is our thinking as well. For our cruise which is only six nights the difference is too small to be worth it. I do understand prices need to increase, but they have to understand that at some point, price increases make folks decide to look elsewhere!

Last year we were told that they raised their prices "during the holidays". The December 6 sailing I quoted prices on falls during that time. But I get the same prices when trying to reserve for our February 6 sailing, which I don't consider to be a holiday of any kind. It is a shame, as we always enjoyed parking there. We were lucky enough to pick up our car very early in the morning once, after disembarking the Oasis or Allure, and got there early enough to see 6-8 small monkeys eating their breakfast bananas in the parking lot :D. Apparently the Park n Go employees feed the monkeys.

Edited to add: Some of the monkeys were eating bananas while sitting on the hood of a car, but it was parked to the side and I think it belonged to one of the employees.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

I've used the Embassy Suites twice, once to great success, and the last time, our return was terrible. Waited an hour for a shuttle; they kept picking up passengers from Royal Caribbean, which they got to before our ship, Caribbean Princess, so they never had room. I was finally told by a shuttle driver to take a cab and they would reimburse us. I was fuming, and would likely never use them again.

True. Park 'n Go has increased their prices (who hasn't including Princess?) However, we feel the increase is still worth the service and not having to man handle our luggage. In October we pre-paid $7.99, vs. $10.20 pre-paid today. Plus we got two free bottles of water. Nice gesture on their part.

They new also charge depending on the holiday. Example for on thanksgiving my frend paid $12 per day.

It's not the bargain that it used to be. :(

Last year we were told that they raised their prices "during the holidays". The December 6 sailing I quoted prices on falls during that time. But I get the same prices when trying to reserve for our February 6 sailing, which I don't consider to be a holiday of any kind. It is a shame, as we always enjoyed parking there. We were lucky enough to pick up our car very early in the morning once, after disembarking the Oasis or Allure, and got there early enough to see 6-8 small monkeys eating their breakfast bananas in the parking lot :D. Apparently the Park n Go employees feed the monkeys.

Edited to add: Some of the monkeys were eating bananas while sitting on the hood of a car, but it was parked to the side and I think it belonged to one of the employees.

They told me that they vary their prices depending on how popular the particular time of season. I checked various dates & could hardly find one that still had the $8 rate. :rolleyes:

I'm supposing that if there are no ships in port during they might consider lowering their rate to $8 once again.:D

We've always been happy and found it very convenient to park at the cruise terminal parking. :)

Same here. The Cruise Terminal Parking is covered so my vehicle is not out in the hot sun, very convenient, and I prefer to lock my vehicle and not leave anyone the key. Also a very short walk to board the ship. We also tip to have our luggage brought right to our vehicle at the end of the cruise. I hate hassles just to save a few dollars. If you arrive early when others are leaving the ship you can usually grab a good spot right near the elevator or stairway.

Howard

Edited by hm9912

There is an entrance to the port off Eller St. Used mainly for commercial traffic, I think.

Wondering if we can use it to avoid boat show traffic on 17th street.

Anyone ever used that entrance?

From another current thread ("Port Everglades Traffic Warning Nov 5-9"):

The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show is this weekend and the official Port Everglades web site (
) has the following warning:

Heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic are expected during the annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show held in various locations in Fort Lauderdale on November 5- 9.

Port tenants, users and cruise guests may experience traffic delays.
Motorists are advised to use the Port's entrances located at Eller Dr. and Spangler Blvd. to avoid congested traffic routes on Federal Highway (US 1) and SE 17th St.

• 3 weeks later...
Let me start off by saying we LOVE parking at the terminal. But.....CAUTION if you elect to park on-site at the terminal..... Make sure you check the port schedule. Last year we left from Terminal 2, so that is where we parked. We arrived back at Terminal 21 and the wait for the buses to get us back to the garage at Terminal 2 was almost 2 hours long. It was a cluster you know what! The Port authority did a horrendous job with the lines. I witnessed several almost fights. Just when you thought you had a made it to the front of the line after an hour, you were directed to cross over and wait through a whole other line. There was just zero line/cue organization. The number of buses was drastically insufficient for the number of passengers they were trying to move. I have just looked at our upcoming cruise, and this year we leave out of 21 and back into 2 on days that the terminal is handling 17k an 21k PAX's. If my brother will not be able to drop us off, we will DEFINITELY be using Park n Go. Their buses were constantly circling as we waited for 2 hours. Keep in mind, this is not in the control of Princess.