Tiles, Medallions

bushy tail

I enjoyed reading these 9 pages of comments! Our upcoming cruise is just my second cruise with HAL. I think it's fun that HAL offers a membership program and recognizes loyal customers. While small symbolic tokens may mean little to some they are reminders of (hopefully) happy memories. I remember by very first cruise on the Crystal Symphony and have one or two small reminders from that first voyage.

I understand the apathy of regular cruisers to these programs because the benefits likely mean more to you than the symbolic tokens but try to remember what it's like to be a newbie onboard for the first time or a newbie onboard a different line...the excitement is bountiful!

I have no doubt that veterans and civilians who have received national honours are likely less excited by customer loyalty tokens but as a recipient of both national honours and customer loyalty tokens I am delighted that I have received both, if nothing else in that they are reminders of milestones in my life experience. To each their own, and to each of you I wish you many more happy years of cruising!

I enjoyed reading these 9 pages of comments! Our upcoming cruise is just my second cruise with HAL. I think it's fun that HAL offers a membership program and recognizes loyal customers. While small symbolic tokens may mean little to some they are reminders of (hopefully) happy memories. I remember by very first cruise on the Crystal Symphony and have one or two small reminders from that first voyage.

I understand the apathy of regular cruisers to these programs because the benefits likely mean more to you than the symbolic tokens but try to remember what it's like to be a newbie onboard for the first time or a newbie onboard a different line...the excitement is bountiful!

I have no doubt that veterans and civilians who have received national honours are likely less excited by customer loyalty tokens but as a recipient of both national honours and customer loyalty tokens I am delighted that I have received both, if nothing else in that they are reminders of milestones in my life experience. To each their own, and to each of you I wish you many more happy years of cruising!

What a lovely post. tthank you for it.

As someone who has received my platinum Medallion, I can tell you I was very deligheg for it to to ib e presented to me.L. LoTS of cruise days and Oh so many happy memories.

Edited by sail7seas

Excellent post! There are some long time HAL cruisers who do like the Medallion and Star programs, enjoy the tokens and appreciate the rewards.

We remember receiving each of our medallions and star pins all the way up. We enjoy the 5 star level as much as we did receiving our first medallion.

On World Cruise

Five segments of the world cruise... five Mariner events. If you are on a segment then you attend your Mariner party. If you are doing two segments then you go to two of the events. If you are going 'all the way around' then you attend ALL five parties. Then there is a final special party for those making the pax going.... 'all the way around'. (This was 1995)

They do not do this anymore. Now, even if you sail on the whole WC you only attend one ceremony. Too many people to do it 5 times for everyone. :D Only the people disembarking are invited to individual ceremonies along the way.