Tiles, Medallions

bushy tail

I expect when the old Medallions run out, they will stop the concurrent Medallion Mariners Program. My guess is they will switch to only Star Mariner Program. :(

Happy I've received my Platinum and that my DH had the fun of getting his. He enjoyed wearing the lapel pin on his jacket lapel for formal nights or when he wore a blazer on board.

We still got our tiles for both segments of our recent cruises.

But changes are happening.

Oct 18 Eurodam cruise, there was an awards ceremony where medallions were given out -- at least 15 Bronze ones.

On the Oct 25 cruise there was no awards ceremony. If medals were given out, it may have been down during the lunch/brunch. Since we didn't go the lunch, I have no idea what happened.

I did take pictures of the invitation to the lunch but I have not had time to upload any pictures as we just got home today.

We still got our tiles for both segments of our recent cruises.

But changes are happening.

Oct 18 Eurodam cruise, there was an awards ceremony where medallions were given out -- at least 15 Bronze ones.

On the Oct 25 cruise there was no awards ceremony. If medals were given out, it may have been down during the lunch/brunch. Since we didn't go the lunch, I have no idea what happened.

I did take pictures of the invitation to the lunch but I have not had time to upload any pictures as we just got home today.

Welcome back, KK. Hope your cruise was wonderful.

Thanks for the update on Mariner Presentations.

How disappointing there was no pre-lunch reception your second week.

What else can they take away from us? :rolleyes:

Welcome back, KK. Hope your cruise was wonderful.

Thanks for the update on Mariner Presentations.

How disappointing there was no pre-lunch reception your second week.

What else can they take away from us? :rolleyes:

I was invited to the award ceremony on both segments. I didn't go to either. I'm not surprised that KK didn't get invited. The staff seemed to be so disorganized.

I was invited to the award ceremony on both segments. I didn't go to either. I'm not surprised that KK didn't get invited. The staff seemed to be so disorganized.

There is a rub.

If you get to the levels of medallions... when getting to copper, silver and then gold and platinum.... YOU should be attending every reception. If we don't bother... it takes away from everyone who is coming new to the reception. Otherwise why bother. There is OUR responsibility to attend.

I have done 79 of them, never missed one. I'd rather a nice lunch in Pinnacle on the last day or whatever day the luncheon.... it is Mariner Day... we should be there.

Medallions Program ending? I hope it never stops. How much can it cost? You get to 700 days platinum and get a $10 medallion? How are there? A few hundred at most. The cost of a drink? Not much. I wish the reception was earlier on the cruise... instead of at the end. Too many things to do at the end.

Edited by Topsham

There is a rub.

If you get to the levels of medallions... when getting to copper, silver and then gold and platinum.... YOU should be attending every reception. If we don't bother... it takes away from everyone who is coming new to the reception. Otherwise why bother. There is OUR responsibility to attend.

I have done 79 of them, never missed one. I'd rather a nice lunch in Pinnacle on the last day or whatever day the luncheon.... it is Mariner Day... we should be there.

I think you are right. I am sure many will disagree with the "responsibility" idea, but I know so many pax are quite interested in medallion holders and want to talk about cruising with experienced pax.

If not many attend, it just gives HAL an excuse to "change" the program (ie, stop it for lack of interest).

Medallions Program ending? I hope it never stops. How much can it cost? You get to 700 days platinum and get a $10 medallion? How are there? A few hundred at most. The cost of a drink? Not much. I wish the reception was earlier on the cruise... instead of at the end. Too many things to do at the end.

I agree with this, too!

On shorter cruises it is very difficult to shoehorn every event into the few sea days. On longer cruises, we have often had it in the middle of the cruise and that was great!

There is a rub.

I generally have gone to them recently but I just didn't feel like getting dressed up. I don't like to drink in the day so getting dressed for a Perrier doesn't seem worth it. I've run into some strange birds at the last few lunches and I find it pretty exhausting to be around others 24/7. I did attend other parties because I was dressed for dinner so it was no biggie.

I think you are right. I am sure many will disagree with the "responsibility" idea, but I know so many pax are quite interested in medallion holders and want to talk about cruising with experienced pax.

If not many attend, it just gives HAL an excuse to "change" the program (ie, stop it for lack of interest).

I find more people are interested in themselves;). It seems that the lunches are pretty well attended so I don't think there should be a worry of them ending for that reason.

I met a couple in the cabana area and she was a part time travel agent. She was thrilled with all the info I gave her about Hal. I even arranged for her to see a cq cabin on the ship that someone had shown me. She was really happy with the info I gave her. She was telling me that the front desk had no idea the retreat cabins existed on the eurodam:eek:.

Thanks for letting me know that there was an award ceremony on the second segment.

DH is getting very disgusted with HAL. And we are seriously considering 2 future cruises we have with HAL.

Too many times we are not invited to various functions.

Was there a VIP party on the second segment?

Once in a while the captain might actually busy and not able to attend... even if he knows in advance! Captain might be required for navigation for dozens of reasons.

VIP party... well if you don't invited the you were not invited. Might have been for different people for various reasons. I don't think something is 'wrong'.

I like they had the Medallion Reception in the evening.

I think any guest who has cruised 700 + days should be considered VIP no matter what and there is no excuse for not inviting them, IMO

If someone has been that loyal, they belong on the guest list.

[

No way were we going to change from Gala night clothing to smart casual clothing.[]

I agree. This one was a silly slip. For sure there would have some that were not going to the Gala Dinner and would be miffed if everyone was required for that function and some came dressed in casual. Same problem.

Thanks for letting me know that there was an award ceremony on the second segment.

DH is getting very disgusted with HAL. And we are seriously considering 2 future cruises we have with HAL.

Too many times we are not invited to various functions.

Was there a VIP party on the second segment?

If there was I wasn't invited to it. I was invited the first week. I think it was on a Thursday but my memory may be faulty. They had the collectors cruise party by the lido pool. I went to it with a friend I'd made on the ship but it was disgustingly hot there. Did you go to that one? That cruise on the eurodam will not be on my list of favorites.

Once in a while the captain might actually busy and not able to attend... even if he knows in advance! Captain might be required for navigation for dozens of reasons.

VIP party... well if you don't invited the you were not invited. Might have been for different people for various reasons. I don't think something is 'wrong'.

I think people with a lot of cruise days should be invited, especially those in the upper end suites. Many times the folks of Dutch heritage are chosen over the folks that have strong loyalty to Hal. I don't want to be invited to a party for being of a certain heritage. To me that is just silly.

Oct 30 -- captain entertained 4 couples for pre-dinner cocktails at 7:30 PM in the Pinnacle Bar and then dinner at 8 PM in the Pinnacle Grill.

If there was I wasn't invited to it. I was invited the first week. I think it was on a Thursday but my memory may be faulty. They had the collectors cruise party by the lido pool. I went to it with a friend I'd made on the ship but it was disgustingly hot there. Did you go to that one? That cruise on the eurodam will not be on my list of favorites.

We were also invited to the VIP party the first week -- right it was on a Thursday.

We did go to the Collectors Cruise Party the second week by the Lido Pool and it was extremely hot!!

This cruise was also not on our list of favorites.

I think people with a lot of cruise days should be invited, especially those in the upper end suites. Many times the folks of Dutch heritage are chosen over the folks that have strong loyalty to Hal. I don't want to be invited to a party for being of a certain heritage. To me that is just silly.

I totally agree with you.

We have seen too many times when Dutch people -- some with only 1 or 2 cruises -- are invited to everything including dinner with the captains.

We were also invited to the VIP party the first week -- right it was on a Thursday.

We did go to the Collectors Cruise Party the second week by the Lido Pool and it was extremely hot!!

This cruise was also not on our list of favorites.

Glad it's not just me. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.