Good portion size

yorkyred

Vickstar, No problem with just ordering an appetiser and salad or soup. I do it all the time. Sometimes I just have a baked potato as my main course. Either that or only order a main course. We always ask for extra veggies. Never had a problem. Usually pass on dessert and head on to Cafe Bacio later for carrot cake. Yum.

From the movie Annie Hall, Woody Allen's character, Alvy Singer:

Alvy Singer: [addressing the camera] There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."

The number one reason we continue to cruise is because the portions are small enough that we can enjoy and appetizer a soup or salad, the main meal and still have room for dessert. Try doing that in a restaurant in the USA.

Plus, I often order an extra side order of veggies.

Just love the flexibility. I've never heard of anybody going hungry.

I have the opposite question - sorry to hijack! I tend not to eat much in one sitting and don't enjoy heavy meals followed by an overly sweet dessert. Will there be any issues if I only order an appetizer and salad or soup and salad? Also, if there are yummy sides on the main can I just order that without the meat or are the kitchen staff likely to get annoyed?
There is no problem ordering appetizers only.

I find the portions to be just right, sometimes I don't even take desert. But to each their own.

On my transatlantic sailing this spring, our table would order a couple extra main courses to share at the table, like order the pasta dish and pass, and then each would still order their own entree. This was useful for those who thought portions were too small, and made it more like family-style dining.

I have the opposite question - sorry to hijack! I tend not to eat much in one sitting and don't enjoy heavy meals followed by an overly sweet dessert. Will there be any issues if I only order an appetizer and salad or soup and salad? Also, if there are yummy sides on the main can I just order that without the meat or are the kitchen staff likely to get annoyed?

I've dined with folks who just made the entire meal appetizers only, and ordered them all and no main courses. They are very accommodating.

I'm not a supersize guy in the American supersize way but do like a decent sized main course, just thought they looked tiny next to the likes of meals shown from other lines and those we have cruised before. Obviously multiple courses do mean you don't need any one course that's too big. Have to say though we do eat in a lot of very good restaurants in the city of Glasgow and they look way smaller than we would be used to.

The mains tend to look small but you can order sides of vegetables or double courses. The US lines don't tend to serve their mains with much veg so just ask for more. We have never left hungry from a Celebrity main dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Consider asking for the vegetarian menu for additional choices. Should be no problem.

Thanks, but many people feel they should determine their own requirements. I'm one of them. The man is a big eater, so let him eat. I am, too. I automatically order a double of lamb chops on whatever ship I'm on. And I always finish whatever is left on my wife's plate. Food is never wasted in our house. That's my only requirement: in a buffet, don't take more than can be eaten. Seconds are always available. Incidentally, I'm 6'5 and 235# and I have hardly a spare ounce on me, as much as I eat.

Not a bad weight given your height.