Can I get milk at the International Cafe?

Dee_Jay

After seeing pictures of the morning offerings, this looks like a great place to get breakfast. But....I don't drink coffee. Can I get a glass of milk at the IC on the Crown, or will I have to go to the buffet?

Since there's a charge for all drinks at the IC, you could get a glass of milk either at the buffet or through room service ....

Ask at IC when onboard. If you get "free" milk that's great. If not, do as others said and get milk at HC or have it delivered to your cabin via room service. Personally, I would suggest you get it at HC and ask them for a large glass and then proceed from there to IC for your food.

I'm sure they have milk at the coffee bar area at IC for the lattes and cappuccinos, but I don't remember seeing them serve glasses of milk. They used to go around in the piazza area mid-afternoon with cookies and complimentary glasses of milk on a tray, but not sure if this is still done.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

They used to go around in the piazza area mid-afternoon with cookies and complimentary glasses of milk on a tray, but not sure if this is still done.

I've also been served milk and cookies while watching an afternoon movie on MUTS. It was nice. (I hadn't intended to watch a mid-day movie but I walked through and saw that the movie was Casablanca and...)

I love the freedom of being on a cruise. :D

Two issues here. Yes, they have milk at the IC which is used to make various coffee drinks or as an additive to tea. But they do not actually have packaged mile for sale. So whether they are willing to simply pour you a cup of milk is going to depend on the staff on duty. The only way to know for sure is to ask. Otherwise, you would need to take the elevator up to the Lido buffet where they do have free milk.

By the way, we just returned to day from a wonderful 10 days on the Regal. I had a coffee card which was used for coffee and my Cappuccinos. But DW is a tea drinker who has been trying to minimize her caffeine intake by using decaf tea. So she brought her own tea bags (decaf Earl Grey). The staff at the IC had no problem giving her cups of hot water (no charge) so she could brew her own tea.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

After seeing pictures of the morning offerings, this looks like a great place to get breakfast. But....I don't drink coffee. Can I get a glass of milk at the IC on the Crown, or will I have to go to the buffet?

This is a little OT, but does anyone know if they serve oatmeal in that soup pot in the IC during the breakfast hours?

They did have Oatmeal at the IC on the Regal (just got off the ship today).

Hank

Thanks, Hank. I wondered if they put that big soup pot to use. I might drop in down there on my Ruby cruise next week. Breakfast at the IC sounds like a good idea.

If you want a fresh, COLD, glass of milk, don't help yourself to a glass at the HC coffee/tea counter as it will not be cold and is generally only used for milk for coffee/tea. You will need to ask one of the waiters who are generally walking around offering beverages for your glass of milk. If you are lucky, they will remember your request and bring one to you. I say that half-heartedly because they are known (ask my hubby) to forget.

If you're mainly looking for a glass of milk with breakfast in the IC, I'd suggest you try and remember to get a glass of milk from the HC sometime the previous afternoon and put it in your fridge overnight, then take it down to the IC.

I do this often as I like a glass of milk in the morning - the fridge isn't great but it's perfectly adequate to keep milk for a day, or even two - I've never had a problem.

Is water available in the IC or would we have to bring some down from HC?

You can ask one of the wandering baristas for a glass of water, or the bartender at the adjacent bar (though he of course will offer to sell you a bottle).

I think these questions reflect some overly high expectations of what the International Cafe actually is. It is a Euopean-style quick bites counter service establishment. If someone requires a higher level of service or a beverage other than premium & specialty coffees (or cocktails from the bar) they would be best visiting the HC or MDR.

I have been able to get a glass of milk from the coffee bar many times. There is no charge.

I pretty much have to have a glass of milk before bed at night. they were all closed down at the HC, so told me to go down to the IC. The IC directed me over to the bar next to the IC where they gladly gave me a glass of milk with no charge.