Drink packages

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is you can purchase on board if you want. In that case, it'll be charged to your SeaPass . If you have OBC, then you can use that to pay for it. You can apparently also purchase on day 2 for example...doesn't have to be for the entire cruise.

Do the drink packages have to be purchased before the cruise or can I purchase them on board as well ? is there any penalty to purchasing them on board? Thanks!

If you purchase it online prior to the cruise it must be for the entire cruise.

If you wait to purchase it onboard you can purchase it on any day as long as there are at least 4 days remaining in the cruise.

Purchase it on board. Our itinerary had our port stops at the beginning and our sea days toward the end. So we waited and got the packages on the fourth day of the cruise and it was prorated for those days. We figured, why pay for a full day when you're off the ship enjoying the port? Plus your first day is limited as you aren't on board for the entire day, and we didn't feel we'd drink enough that first day to pay for the package on that particular day. We feel we came out way ahead doing it this way.

Purchase online prior to cruise = pay up front for 7 days

Purchase on ship = pay with on board credit or seapass account and one must pay for 4 consecutive days. Having said this, there have been recent reports that one can purchase for fewer days than 4, depending on the ship

Just to clarify: not "four consecutive days". They can't, for example, be four days in the middle of your cruise. The days that you pay for are the day on which you buy plus all remaining days of the cruise.

(and charging is "per night" not "per day", just like how they count the length of your cruise)

If you purchase it online prior to the cruise it must be for the entire cruise.

If you wait to purchase it onboard you can purchase it on any day as long as there are at least 4 days remaining in the cruise.

I was able to purchase it for the last 2 days of the cruise.