I'm really disappointed

dogchopper

My husband and I are booked on the Glory on Dec 12th. It was supposed to be a family cruise but no one else is going.. when we booked it, it was cheap and other family members were gonna go. then the price just kept creeping up. Our one daughter said she was gonna go but has to wait for vacation approval. So, during the big sale today the price has JUMPED up and most of the cabins are sold out.

We have an inside cabin, we paid $1124.00 for 2 people. The problem is we cannot add her to our room cuz it's a 2 person room. There are no 3 people inside rooms left, no 3 person ocean views left... and a balcony is gonna be $1714.00 for 2, and if she comes it's $2032.00 .

I called 2 days ago trying get to upgrade to an interior that would hold 3 just in case she can go but they wouldn't let me take a 3 person room for 2nd people. And now all they have are crazy expensive balconies.

Now it looks like our daughter won't be going. .

I feel so disappointed and almost wishing I didn't even book this cruise. :(

Edited by dogchopper

I feel your pain. We had planned a cruise with DD. Booked her into our cabin and then had to cancel her out because she wasn't going to go. NOW she decides she might go, but the cruise is sold out, so I may not be able to add her back.

Kids ... geez.

Well look at it as time with your husband
Yeah alone time is always good

I feel your pain. We had planned a cruise with DD. Booked her into our cabin and then had to cancel her out because she wasn't going to go. NOW she decides she might go, but the cruise is sold out, so I may not be able to add her back.

Kids ... geez.

I have a huge family and we booked this cruise MONTHS ago(back in July ) I really wanted to get the entire family together ...everyone drug their feet. Our daughter was the one who planned on going but she just started a new job. She is gonna be really disappointed. ..

Enjoy the time with your DH, and you will find that your time together will be like dating again.;)

Yeah, it's gonna be anice anniversary cruise of sorts, our anniversary is the end of December. . So we will enjoy it either way, I just feel bad for my daughter, she really was looking forward to it.

While I love cruising with family, one of my favorite cruises was the anniversary cruise that I took with just my DH. Actually made him love cruising. And rest of family were ready to go the next time we brought up a cruise.

Go and have a great cruise!!!!!

Edited by wantocruisemore

Yeah, it's gonna be anice anniversary cruise of sorts, our anniversary is the end of December. . So we will enjoy it either way, I just feel bad for my daughter, she really was looking forward to it.[/Q

But, it's YOUR anniversary.

Ha, when you put it that way!!:D

While I love cruising with family, one of my favorite cruises was the anniversary cruise that I took with just my DH. Actually made him love cruising. And rest of family were ready to go the next time we brought up a cruise.

Go and have a great cruise!!!!!

Yeah, we have only been on one cruise alone. It's usually with family or friends. So, it will definitely be a nice change.

I guess I just have to stop feeling bad for everyone else and enjoy myself

My husband and I are booked on the Glory on Dec 12th. It was supposed to be a family cruise but no one else is going.. when we booked it, it was cheap and other family members were gonna go. then the price just kept creeping up. Our one daughter said she was gonna go but has to wait for vacation approval. So, during the big sale today the price has JUMPED up and most of the cabins are sold out.

We have an inside cabin, we paid $1124.00 for 2 people. The problem is we cannot add her to our room cuz it's a 2 person room. There are no 3 people inside rooms left, no 3 person ocean views left... and a balcony is gonna be $1714.00 for 2, and if she comes it's $2032.00 .

I called 2 days ago trying get to upgrade to an interior that would hold 3 just in case she can go but they wouldn't let me take a 3 person room for 2nd people. And now all they have are crazy expensive balconies.

Now it looks like our daughter won't be going. .

I feel so disappointed and almost wishing I didn't even book this cruise. :(

It's all on you and your family/friends no one else to blame.

We have gone on 5 cruises. 3 by ourselves and two with family and friends. We loved all of them. However, the ones we took with just the two of us were better as we could reconnect with each other and spend more 1 on 1 time without any everyday distractions. Have a great cruise.

Enjoy your alone time with hubby and maybe this will encourage your family to plan ahead if they want to travel with you. You did try to get them to commit when prices were low. Your daughter could always pay the difference for you 3 to get a balcony cabin if she decides to go, no free rides here :)

I did try my best. We booked it in July but we were planning it months before that.

I am sure we will have a wonderful time just the two of us. I just have to wrap my head around the fact that its no longer a family cruise.

We wil try to plan another one and hope some family can go on that one:rolleyes:

This is the reason, that I do not plan family cruises. The one time that I did, I planned it 1 year in advance so that everyone would have time to get their vacation time approved. Unfortunately, no one but us booked when we planned it and by the time they were ready to book the price jumped up. Don't be disappointed that you booked the cruise. Enjoy yourself and spend time with your husband. Just don't plan anymore family cruises :).

Edited by cruiser fanatic

It's funny because a month ago I was bummed out because I booked early saver and was hoping for price reductions so I could upgrade my room.. little did I know the price was gonna skyrocket and the cruise was gonna sell out. . I will just be happy to be on the ship I guess. .:o

This is the reason, that I do not plan family cruises. The one time that I did, I planned it 1 year in advance so that everyone would have time to get their vacation time approved. Unfortunately, no one but us booked when we planned it and by the time they were ready to book the price jumped up. Don't be disappointed that you booked the cruise. Enjoy yourself and spend time with your husband. Just don't plan anymore family cruises :).

Well that is exactly how it happened with us. So, I guess your right. For now on we will just let them know we we are going in a cruise and the rest will be up to them!

Our upcoming cruise is the first in a long time where we don't have any friends/family joining us. While I love to do those trips there is something to be said for getting to do everything when/how you want. I am choosing to look at this trip as truly OURS and am looking forward to it for that reason. I hope you and your husband have a great time! And maybe your daughter can catch the next one.

It's all on you and your family/friends no one else to blame.

Don't think the OP ever said she was blaming anyone. She is disappointed, which is understandable.

OP, I'm sorry it didn't work out as you had hoped. Sounds like you are looking on the bright side though. My husband and I took a cruise with just the two of us last year. It was my favorite vacation ever. I hope yours turns out to be the same!

They knew and had time. The family cruise was "your" dream. Sorry.

Our upcoming cruise is the first in a long time where we don't have any friends/family joining us. While I love to do those trips there is something to be said for getting to do everything when/how you want. I am choosing to look at this trip as truly OURS and am looking forward to it for that reason. I hope you and your husband have a great time! And maybe your daughter can catch the next one.

I know it will be a wonderful cruise! It's got a great itinerary so it will be a blast. !