Shows on Independence

Gilpet

We have sailed on Independence 9 times, all from Southampton and are delighted that it's coming back to us next year, we've already booked our "Welcome Back Indy" cruise lol. The only disappointment was that the production shows (and Parades) NEVER changed. I know Royal tell us about how much it costs to put on the shows and how they need to run them for 5 years but this was for seven years! Please, please, please can somebody reassure me that when Indy comes back next year we won't still have the same shows or will Royal just keep churning out the "same old, same old" and think we won't notice because it's been away for a year?

Hoping for some positive news :)

Gill

The shows cost A LOT to produce, practice and put on....after a year, will you really be less entertained? I mean, folks listen to the same songs on radio day after day.....watch the same movies over and over....consider it a diversion...nothing more!

Edited by cb at sea

the shows cost a lot to produce, practice and put on....after a year, will you really be less entertained? I mean, folks listen to the same songs on radio day after day.....watch the same movies over and over....consider it a diversion...nothing more!

omg.

We have sailed on Independence 9 times, all from Southampton and are delighted that it's coming back to us next year, we've already booked our "Welcome Back Indy" cruise lol. The only disappointment was that the production shows (and Parades) NEVER changed. I know Royal tell us about how much it costs to put on the shows and how they need to run them for 5 years but this was for seven years! Please, please, please can somebody reassure me that when Indy comes back next year we won't still have the same shows or will Royal just keep churning out the "same old, same old" and think we won't notice because it's been away for a year?

Hoping for some positive news :)

Gill

See, if you had a failing memory like mine, every show would be a new show! ;) :D

We have booked on Indy for May 2016 and we last sailed on her in 2013, so this topic is of interest to us as well !!!

From following CC, i think the parades may have changed ?

But the productions shows are currently still the same ?

Yes, production shows are still the same: Under the Big Top, Once Upon a Time, Center Stage, Invitation to Dance.

Oh no, I was hoping somebody would say that all the shows had changed! Obviously I was being a bit optimistic. I know the shows aren't the be all and end all of a cruise but I do think they are a bit more than a "diversion" as they form a part of our evening entertainment. I admit to listening to songs more than once but when it comes to films and shows they have to be very good for me to want to see them again (even if it is a year apart) and, as Ocean Boy said, they weren't exceptional to start off with. I do love the parades and the Ice shows but it would still be nice to have something different.

I feel an e-mail to RCI coming on - I'll let you know what (if anything) they have to say.

Gill

I was on a back to back on the Independence in Sept. I was so unimpressed with the nightly shows. The worse I have ever seen and I have 20 cruises on Carnival and Royal evenly. The dancers and singers were good, but several of the other nightly offers were definitely not Royal's usual. Since when did the Love and Marriage show become one of the nightly shows. That was the only show and it was at 10:30. I will agree the second week was better than the first week. The ice skating was absolutely awesome both weeks.

Pat