ms Eurodam Sail-Away November 8, 2015

Boytjie

I would love to stay at the Pan Pacific but I just can't justify (to myself) the cost since I travel solo. It would have to have a lift (with all my luggage and bad knees) and be within a couple of blocks of restaurants. I would like to spend under US$300 for the two nights.

Scrapnana,

For what my opinion is worth, in the past, I have stayed at either the Pan Pacific or the Fairmont Waterfront when in Vancouver. Since we had a day to visit the city again when I was on Satendam in September, I went into the downtown area (huffing and puffing up the hill from Canada Place) and found it to be very interesting to visit; never had spent any time in that part of Vancouver. Maybe a hotel in that area, i.e. Hotel Georgia and Hotel Vancouver appeared to be "classics". If you have not visited the city before, getting a hotel near/or the Hop On/Off Bus route is something I would strongly recommend. I hope this helps.

It's boat show parking. Sorry. I didn't see the post yesterday.

Do you know what used to be in that lot? Was something torn down? That's south of the 17th St bridge, correct?[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by Copper10-8

It's boat show parking. Sorry. I didn't see the post yesterday.[/quote FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Do you know what used to be in that lot? Was something torn down? That's south of the 17th St bridge, correct?[/font]

It used to be a Best Western. It closed in 2005, I think. There was supposed to be a new hotel or combination residential commercial building built there, but it's been a vacant lot ever since. Granted, it's a waterfront vacant lot, with dock space.

What is that other horn that was sounding numerous times before and after the Love Boat? Heard it (or something similar) yesterday. Somebody in the condos have a ship horn????

Yes, someone has a portable horn set up. It's more of a truck horn.

Scrapnana,

For what my opinion is worth, in the past, I have stayed at either the Pan Pacific or the Fairmont Waterfront when in Vancouver. Since we had a day to visit the city again when I was on Satendam in September, I went into the downtown area (huffing and puffing up the hill from Canada Place) and found it to be very interesting to visit; never had spent any time in that part of Vancouver. Maybe a hotel in that area, i.e. Hotel Georgia and Hotel Vancouver appeared to be "classics". If you have not visited the city before, getting a hotel near/or the Hop On/Off Bus route is something I would strongly recommend. I hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll put those hotels on my list. I did the hop-on, hop-off bus this year and will likely do it again next year. I enjoy the commentary and convenience.

Oh My! That was exciting for me.. DH could not believe how big she was.. We'll probably get lost on her:)..

Will wave to you all a week from now..

Hope those on board today have a wonderful cruise!:):)

Now I should get busy & finish my packing lists..

Be sure to let us know where you will be standing and color of clothing so we can wave back!

It used to be a Best Western. It closed in 2005, I think. There was supposed to be a new hotel or combination residential commercial building built there, but it's been a vacant lot ever since. Granted, it's a waterfront vacant lot, with dock space.

Thanks for that piece of tidbit:)