Independence Q's - teen/internet/luggage

MzItaly79

For those that have verizon service what charges have you incurred while using phone on board texting, calls to another passenger, back home. I plan to contact verizon but in the past they have not been very helpful.

12 year old son will be accompanying me and im a bit nervous about him coming/going as he pleases from teen club with no contact with me - hoping we could text.

Late flight after cruise what to do with luggage?

Thank you for any input

When I had Verizon: Texts .50 each, and about 2.50/minute voice calls in or out. This was 2 years ago, as I dropped them for another carrier when the contract expired. Texting costs will add up VERY Fast!! (Especially with 2 phones)

As far as what to do with luggage for a late flight. You could take advantage of the Luggage Valet that checks in your luggage for you, and when you sit it outside of your room on the last night, you will not see it again until it gets to your final airport. Cost:20per person, and you will also receive your boarding pass on board the ship. You could then take a cab from the pier to where you wanted in the city and get back to the airport in enough time to get back to the pier.

OR: There io a luggage check at the airport that you can check your luggage into as long as you claim it by 5pm. You could take a bus or a cab away from the airport at that time.

OR: You could take an excursion through the ship. your luggage goes with you on the bus and it takes you to the airport after the tour. Just pay attention to the tour description which will tell you what the earliest time your flight can be.

Thank you for your quick reply. Do i set up vallet luggage through guest relations on board? $20 per person regardless of # of bags?

The cost is $20 for each person with bags. In addition, if your airline charges for bags, then they will also add those charges to your onboard account. Guest Services will send out a letter with details.

Edited by clarea

I would prefer a child of 12 would COME TO ME when his plans change....so if you tell him where you'll be, he should come find you, and clear his next activity with you!

How late is your "late" flight? If it's after 4 pm, I'd either rent a car for the day, or get a day room at a hotel. You are likely to be OFF the ship by 9am....and killing time is awful! A day room would give you a place for the bags, pool, tv, bathroom, etc.... A rental car will give you a place for your luggage, but you'll still be at "loose ends" until late in the day.

Also, compare prices to see about changing to an earlier flight!

For those that have verizon service what charges have you incurred while using phone on board texting, calls to another passenger, back home. I plan to contact verizon but in the past they have not been very helpful.

12 year old son will be accompanying me and im a bit nervous about him coming/going as he pleases from teen club with no contact with me - hoping we could text.

Late flight after cruise what to do with luggage?

Thank you for any input

For Verizon texts are 50 cents to send and 5 cents to receive. Calls on the ship are $1.79/minute. Data is really expensive so we turn data roaming off. Verizon also sells cruise packages for around $40 so you should look into those. Just go to their website and they have an interactive trip planner that details out all the charges, it is very easy to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great advice!! My concern with my son is i may not know where ill be to tell him ahead of time. But i have decided to go ahead with the verizon package (thanks didnt know they had one) so we can text eachother if needed. Also i reserved a day room for our departure that way we can drop off our luggage and go do something, hang out by the pool or take a nap.