Caribbean Formal Night

Treacher1

Sailing in January on Grandeur - there will be 2 formal nights. Can I wear a dress shirt and tie - really don't want to wear a suit or a sport coat. Hoping to make packing easier and more comfortable dress after days at the beach. Please advise - thanks! Or must I wear a jacket to get into MDR - seems this varies by ship.

Sailing in January on Grandeur - there will be 2 formal nights. Can I wear a dress shirt and tie - really don't want to wear a suit or a sport coat. Hoping to make packing easier and more comfortable dress after days at the beach. Please advise - thanks! Or must I wear a jacket to get into MDR - seems this varies by ship.

Yes, you certainly can. You will also see men with no ties happily enjoying their dinner in the MDR. No shorts or t shirts allowed, but I've seen everything in between on Formal nights.

That's completely fine. I was actually a bit disappointed that dress codes weren't enforced on the Oasis on my trip last month. I saw so many men (and women) totally disregard formal night and wear clothing they'd casually run out to the store in. :confused:

Yes. You can. But my method is a bit different. I drop the tie for comfort and then wear a nice blue blazer or a dark sports coat. Either way, enjoy your cruise. After dinner, I shed the coat! ;)

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

That's completely fine. I was actually a bit disappointed that dress codes weren't enforced on the Oasis on my trip last month. I saw so many men (and women) totally disregard formal night and wear clothing they'd casually run out to the store in. :confused:

Totally agree, rccl sometimes enforces dress code but mostly lets people ignore them.