Has Anyone Sailed On Oasis or Allure At Full Capacity "Sold Out"

TooDamFine

It is important to note that everyone's idea of crowded is soo different.

For example. On my oasis sailing in september.. It was sold out....

I did not find it to be crowded at all, except the usual first day windjammer blah blah blah...

Now, I was standing in line at guest services talking to an older woman (probably 70) while I was waiting. She was telling me that she just thought the ship was too big for her and that is seemed much to crowded for her liking and that she would probably go back to smaller ships. ( mind you, she was not complaining, she was very delightful, we were just making conversation) For me.. I thought exactly the opposite.

One other thing that people always complain about is the elevators.

Of course if you get on at deck 12 and are trying to go to decck 4 it's going to stop a lot. It's an elevator.... IT was shocking to me the number of people that would wait 5 minutes for an elevator.. get on at deck 11 and get off at deck 9.; There are these amazing things called STAIRS lol

so, I can only share what I have experienced and I know without a doubt someone will tell me I am wrong. But thats cool. For me, I find the oasis class ships less crowded then my all time favorite ship the liberty of the seas....

rule 1. dont try to be the first person off the ship in port. There will be a line

rule 2. dont try to get to the pier at 10 am then complain that they did not let you on until noon

rule 3. Please be in shape if you are a 65 year old male wearing a speedo(not really a rule, but it just popped into my head) lol

Lol @ the amazing stairs and rule 3".. .

Yes I agree, everyone's opinion is going to vary however I believe you and see eye to eye on reason. I think it's going to be a great sail, as always

I can't tell you how many times we have seen fellow cruisers that do not even make eye contact with their servers and other crew members. They treat them like dirt and complain about everything. It is what you make it. If you are nice to crew members as well as your fellow passengers you will have a much better time. Being nice goes a very long way when tempers are flaring for whatever reason, who knows. You are on vacation, you don't have to pick up after yourself or do any type of chores why are people so uptight. I just don't get it. There are so many things to do on a ship this size. If the WJ is crowded, go somewhere else, don't just stand there yelling at the kitchen staff... Common sense goes a long way too.

One other thing that people always complain about is the elevators.

Of course if you get on at deck 12 and are trying to go to decck 4 it's going to stop a lot. It's an elevator.... IT was shocking to me the number of people that would wait 5 minutes for an elevator.. get on at deck 11 and get off at deck 9.; There are these amazing things called STAIRS lol

LOVE this! I used to work in a floor that had 2 floors with an escalator that connected them (ok, super high ceilings, so it WAS a long escalator). (There was also an elevator for those with strollers, in chairs, etc.). More than once the escalator broke down, and people would ask "How do we get to the second floor since the stairs are broken?" Uh, nope. The ESCALATOR is broken, but it does this magical thing when it stops - it turns into STAIRS! :)

We go with our family (10 of us) every New Years week and have never had a problem. New Years week is always sold out to capacity. We see every show, get seated at my time dining with a few minute wait (we are ten after all). And absolutely love the ship. We have sailed with and without family including transatlantic with friends. Always a blast!!!

We were on the Oct 31 cruise. Our first on Oasis. I expected it to feel crowded, but it was not as bad as I expected. I think this was due to a few extra steps we took before leaving.

1) we booked dinner the first night at one of the specialty restaurants. People forget about them until they are on the cruise. The first night or two in the dining room can be a bit crazy

2) we made our reservations for various shows and then made MTD dinner reservations. We never had to wait more than about 30 seconds to be seated for dinner.

The windjammer is crazy on every ship we have been on. We tried eating some of our lunches at some of the other options or came a bit early or a bit late to the windjammer. We also ate some of our breakfasts at Johnny Rockets and in the main dining room. I do not like the windjammer to be honest. I think people tend to gravitate there out of habit from previous cruises. There are other options. We had dinner one night at the solarium bistro and it was empty... only 20% full... it was fabulous.

We ended up with a cabin near the rear elevators. Surprisingly quiet.... this put Central Park, the Boardwalk, Royal Promenade and dining room all within easy reach of an elevator ride. My husband had knee surgery recently so easy access was important. The only real hikes were to the Opal Theater and the Solarium.

We are not sun people, so if deck 15 was crowded, I can not say. I found the freedom class to be more of a problem from a crowd standpoint. I think it has to do with the Oasis having more elevators and larger elevators. Never saw the gym on this trip. My husband was not up to working out, so we did not check this out nor the spa. I love the different feels of the various parts of the ship.

I will be on the same Allure cruise as the op and am really looking forward to it. You cannot compare a 2 day sailing with a 7 day cruise. We've sailed Oasis twice and once was in December when the ship had around 5700 passengers, according to the Captain. The only time we ran into crowds was during the Promenade parades and at the elevators after a show. I think that's normal. If one didn't want to stand in the crowds, one could take the stairs or one could just wait in the theatre until the crowds thinned. You don't have to attend the parades, but if you do, go to the Schooner bar early and grab a seat by the railing. No crowds and comfy seats. Stay positive and I bet you have a wonderful cruise!

been on both ships sold out. We travel in Feb. Oasis they announced 500 kids were on it but where they were at I never figured it out.

You go on smaller ships they are sold out too so what is the big deal. It is a vacation slow down and enjoy life. Eat off hours if you want to avoid the crowds. But we never had a problem finding tables any where.

As for the elevators after a show just walk to the middle of the ship and

find one there. Or just sit in the show for an extra 10 mins and you will

be able to get one. Can't figure out why everyone has to rush out first

to wait in line. And stand there complaining when all they have to do is

walk a little. There is always a solution but people just keep on complaining

for no reason at all.

Hi there. Has anyone sailed on Oasis or Allure when it was at full capacity. If so, was it crowed were there waiting time for dining and other activities on the ship. Was your trip still enjoyable? I am cruising11/29-12/06/2015 on Allure of the Seas :):D;)

Been on both and I believe they were sold out. We never waited for anything except to get into a show. Sign up for a specific dinner time and you will be seated right away every night. Really life is too short to be upset about any lines! Go have fun. Enjoy. If anything, I always try to be nice and kind to all the workers. Be the light of their day and just be thankful to be on a vacation. We loved both ships and I cannot wait to try Harmony.

This new years will be my third time on Oasis, full ship. There are 10 of us. We leave the ship when in port. During sea days, we never had a problem with lines, except possible the Windjammer for lunch, as mentioned in the other posts. We have made all our show and food reservations for the entire cruise already. At night, the 2 parks are not that bad. As for the elevators, I have been in the Radiance class, and the Carnival Breeze, also (will not do that again) and the elevators were busy at dinner start times, and after shows. Other than that, there was really no problem. We found that after dinner, a walk up or down the stairs was not a bad thing, and gives you a little excercise.

I have bad knees and would rather take the elevator, but the stairs were fine.

If you stress out thinking you will be crowded out, you will not have a good time. Go with the flow, relax, drink, enjoy the trip. Sometimes the people watching is more fun than anythign else.

Lastly, in all of our cruises, we have never had to deal with obnoxious or nasty people. Everyone we met was friendly and respectful. Guess we were lucky.