ESCAPE Photos! Front to back, top to bottom!

eroller

I just returned from a very enjoyable maiden crossing on NORWEGIAN ESCAPE. I'll be writing a full review, but until then here a link to the many photos I took of the ship. I tried to capture just about every public area I could. There are almost 460 photos total. Each photo has a caption so just hover your cursor over the photo to read it. The second photo link is to all the Freestyle Daily papers and some menus for those interested.

Overall it was a great crossing, and much smoother than other maiden voyages I have taken. The ship was essentially complete and the staff seemed quite experienced already. I didn't witness a floating construction zone or staff teething pains like I have on other maiden voyages.

Of course not everything was perfect and I'll get into more detail when I submit the review. The most annoying thing for me was the internet which was incredibly slow for a brand new, state of the art ship. I also missed Bliss, the nightclub and unfortunately there is no substitute venue that works well. We had about 3100 passengers onboard which felt just about right. Venues were lively and full of people but generally not overcrowded. I can't imagine another 1300+ passengers when the ship is filled to capacity. I think under those circumstances the ship will feel very crowded. More on that in the review.

For now enjoy the pics!

Ship Pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157660292505739

Freestyle Daily Papers:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157660620430340

I am sailing tomorrow on the 3-nighter, and the ship is at capacity. It will be interesting to see how she handles all of those people. Your stateroom looks spacious. Is that a regular balcony cabin?

Yes standard balcony cabin. Closet space is a little tight but manageable. When the bed is next to the closet, it's a tight squeeze to access the closet. Overall I really liked the cabin and the bathroom is very spacious.

Yes standard balcony cabin. Closet space is a little tight but manageable. When the bed is next to the closet, it's a tight squeeze to access the closet. Overall I really liked the cabin and the bathroom is very spacious.

That is what we booked as well. It looks very nice.

Thanks! Really enjoyed your pictures. We're also in a regular balcony on deck 14 so I was very happy to see your cabin pictures. The ship didn't look crowded at all. Do you know how many passengers were there on the transactlantic?

3100 on the crossing. The ship holds 4200+. 3100 seemed perfect. Venues were lively but not overly crowded (with a few exceptions). When completely full I think ESCAPE will feel pretty packed in. Hopefully I'm wrong on that. We also had very few kids onboard which makes a difference.

Even with only 3100 pax onboard getting a drink could be challenging. With so many people having the beverage the bar staffed seemed very understaffed often times with lines at the bar to try and get drinks.

So did NCL listen to feedback and the balconies are larger than on Breakaway and Getaway? The balcony in the photo is about 2x as deep?

Those of us who experience real snow don't need the Snow Room!

Happy to see the Sugarcane Mojito bar. Loved it on GEM

The gray theater is not very inviting IMO.

Love the photo tour. THANKS

Edited by mizlorinj

3100 on the crossing. The ship holds 4200+. 3100 seemed perfect. Venues were lively but not overly crowded (with a few exceptions). When completely full I think ESCAPE will feel pretty packed in. Hopefully I'm wrong on that. We also had very few kids onboard which makes a difference.

Even with only 3100 pax onboard getting a drink could be challenging. With so many people having the beverage the bar staffed seemed very understaffed often times with lines at the bar to try and get drinks.

Thank you eroller! Very helpful information. We're going during spring break so it will be interesting what the experience will be like at full capacity.

Thank you eroller! Very helpful information. We're going during spring break so it will be interesting what the experience will be like at full capacity.

Please come back and report. I'm curious too!

So did NCL listen to feedback and the balconies are larger than on Breakaway and Getaway? The balcony in the photo is about 2x as deep?

Those of us who experience real snow don't need the Snow Room!

Happy to see the Sugarcane Mojito bar. Loved it on GEM

The gray theater is not very inviting IMO.

Love the photo tour. THANKS

Yes the balconies are larger. That is where the extra 5 feet of width went to on the cabin decks.

I actually loved the Snow Room. It was a great way to reset your body temperature after sitting in one of the saunas.

Mojito bar is great but preferred it on GETAWAY. The space is now shops on ESCAPE.

Agree the theater is not very inviting to look at (no real decor) but it's comfortable and the shows are fantastic. Also every seat has an individual a/c vent built into the back of it. Pretty cool.

• 4 weeks later...
Thoroughly enjoyed the photos. Great job of capturing everything!:)

Thanks! It wasn't easy on the crossing. Usually I like to take all my photos in port when most passengers are ashore. There were no ports on the crossing so it made it a bit more challenging.