District Brewhouse on Escape

LoveyHowell

If this happens, The District will be a ghost town. As it stands, it was used more as a library by people lounging around all day reading, and not having a single drink (annoying as hell.) Of the handful of people who were actually in there to drink, many of those would simply go elsewhere if this change happened.

Agreed it will be a ghost town but I do not buy the reason for the change in policy, NCL are a sophisticated business and they have some of the best bar people in the industry. They knew how much they can get and they will have had a good idea of quantities. Pricing will kill demand as there simply will not be enough punters willing to pay for a product that was included.

The planning that goes for a new ship is detailed trust me......This is a marketing issue not a supply one!!!

NCL are sadly getting a reputation for being Nickel and dime but unless customers vote with their feet nothing will change as long as profits are increasing.

Agreed it will be a ghost town but I do not buy the reason for the change in policy, NCL are a sophisticated business and they have some of the best bar people in the industry. They knew how much they can get and they will have had a good idea of quantities. Pricing will kill demand as there simply will not be enough punters willing to pay for a product that was included.

The planning that goes for a new ship is detailed trust me......This is a marketing issue not a supply one!!!

NCL are sadly getting a reputation for being Nickel and dime but unless customers vote with their feet nothing will change as long as profits are increasing.

There is no change in policy. One person sitting at home supposedly heard this from someone else that supposedly overheard this. Not one single other person has heard a thing. It can hardly be referred to as a change in policy.

There is no change in policy. One person sitting at home supposedly heard this from someone else that supposedly overheard this. Not one single other person has heard a thing. It can hardly be referred to as a change in policy.

Thank you!! How about instead of spreading hearsay and rumor, we actually wait for the truth before reacting? This board is doing more to hurt NCL's reputation than NCL's actual changes.

I'm just hoping that the better weather in the Caribbean leads more people to sit and read outside. Otherwise I've going to have to get loud and obnoxious in the bar or something :P

I don't even need music to sing Karaoke when I have good beer:D

Thank you!! How about instead of spreading hearsay and rumor, we actually wait for the truth before reacting? This board is doing more to hurt NCL's reputation than NCL's actual changes.

No, NCL is doing fine on its own. This board has accurately exposed changes well before the official announcement all year. This part was even partially responsible for the reversal f one such policy.

6&8

Do you think the people that have been clamoring for specialty beers and microbrews are going to happily go drink Budweiser or Heineken? I don't. I think they will be really mad about this change.

I'm not a big beer drinker so this change has no major impact to my enjoyment, but I support anyone who is against the change because it is a material change in what they had bargained for.

Totally agree! One of the reasons we booked Escape was because of the craft brews and having the UBP thrown in for free. Dh makes his own beer and any city we travel to we have to find a couple microbreweries to try out.

So, the answer is NO! We would not be satisfied with Bud, Heineken, etc only in the UBP as this is not the way it was presented when we booked.

We sail in 2 weeks, so let's hope they wait until after that if they are going to change it.

Not sure your age but, on our last 2 X cruises we were on the upper end of the age scale, 42 yo.

Lots of early to mid 30's. The classier cruise line with much better food along with the perks are drawing a younger crowd.

I'm in my mid/late 30s and I've really been eyeing up Celebrity for that exact reason. Love NCL entertainment options, though, so hesitant to give those up.

In other commentary, I'm thrilled you can get some of the Food Republic items in the Brewhouse! I hope they have great bartenders there, because we'll have to see them a lot!

Edited by weltek

I'm in my mid/late 30s and I've really been eyeing up Celebrity for that exact reason. Love NCL entertainment options, though, so hesitant to give those up.

In other commentary, I'm thrilled you can get some of the Food Republic items in the Brewhouse! I hope they have great bartenders there, because we'll have to see them a lot!

Also looking forward to catching some NFL games in there over a pint or three

So has anyone confirmed that they are eliminating the District Brew House from Unlimited beverage Package?

Absolutely not.

All we've had is a vague mention of a possible rumour.

Let's just forget about that one unless someone comes up with something at least vaguely credible.

Absolutely not.

All we've had is a vague mention of a possible rumour.

Let's just forget about that one unless someone comes up with something at least vaguely credible.

Kool will I can report back on both District and Margaritaville in couple weeks

Looking forward to it did Gatway twice and enjoyed the UBP especially the Macallen whiskey was a suprise

• 1 month later...
Any updates? We sail in less than 2 weeks.

Just got off on Saturday. District is included with UBP. Once all was said and done, I think our actual drinking costs incurred were under $5.....as it was just the tax on the first two drinks we had while still in port. Had quite a few beers at the District, some (very generous) drams of scotch at Tobacco row, and an unholy number of Mojitos from Sugarcane (Bong and Marcos are THE best bartenders we've ever encountered). Everything was covered by UBP. I never signed a single receipt for drinks, either

Just got off on Saturday. District is included with UBP. Once all was said and done, I think our actual drinking costs incurred were under $5.....as it was just the tax on the first two drinks we had while still in port. Had quite a few beers at the District, some (very generous) drams of scotch at Tobacco row, and an unholy number of Mojitos from Sugarcane (Bong and Marcos are THE best bartenders we've ever encountered). Everything was covered by UBP. I never signed a single receipt for drinks, either

Beautiful! Looking forward. Thanks Noah!