What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast on a Carnival Cruise?

Doggielover68

Their "banana nut" bread is good. It tastes more like date nut bread which I LOVE. I smear cream cheese on top. Cream cheese is hard to find too. It's usually in a little white "bowl" on a shelf over the food. Sticky buns are good. They don't have them every morning. Kind of wish I could nuke it and put some ice cream on top! :p And the potato rounds are really good too! I always grab a big plate of them on the days they are at the buffet. I love cottage cheese, but why do they serve it at breakfast? Wish they'd have it at the lunch buffet. :confused: Which reminds me, anyone ready for lunch yet??? :eek:;)

My favorite thing to eat for breakfast on the ship is the Steak n' Eggs at Sea Day Brunch! Sea Day Brunch is definitely one of the things I look forward to most when it comes to Carnival.

When it's a port day I love to grab pancakes & bacon or an omelette from the omelette station (even though that line sucks sometimes).

OH-I've heard those breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana aren't too bad either...looking forward to finally trying one on our upcoming cruise! We didn't know about them last time :eek:

Edited by HollandAvery

I normally do not eat breakfast. But since I have retired from work, I am learning to do so again. However;

My breakfast needs are simple. On a cruise, they consist fo bread, butter, cheese, jam, and fruit. Being a bit more specific, I usually take a variety of breads, but like very much that brown bread that is called norlander bread, I believe. I love the fruit, and I like all the various slices of cheese, and love the variety of fruit, but mostly I love the butter!!! I never eat butter at home, due to trying to reduce cholesterol, but for the few days that I am on a cruise, it is butter all the way. Butter, bread, cheese, fruit, and GUAVA jelly!:)

Occasionally, I will get a scoop of that dreaded but ( I like ), scrambled egg stuff on the lido buffet.;)

Breakfast is probably my least favorite on the ship. I do like the omlet station with fruit an togurt. Blue Iguna is a good alternative but the breakfast burrito tends to be too filling. I totally dislike the fake scrambled eggs on the lido deck and the sausage is gross. Had an issue on the sea day brunch where the eggs were undercooked.

I try (don't always succeed) to eat a mostly healthy breakfast so that I can save all of my calories and splurges for the rest of the day.

I typically have a small bowl of oatmeal (add raisins, walnuts and small amount of brown sugar); two boiled eggs and some fruit.

That would be the healthy part. Then, I add a croissant (which I never eat except at breakfast every day on a cruise) with real BUTTER (not margarine). Or, without the butter, but split open and filled with 3 or 4 slices of bacon.

I did say mostly healthy, right? :)

I find the bacon to be too greasy and limp, not crisp.

Wish the butter weren't so hard to find. Why isn't it near the bread?? Where is the flavored butter? What flavors?

The flavored butter is in a white crock, usually towards the center of the buffet. They usually have a different flavor every day. I've tried the strawberry, peach, blueberry and honey cinnamon so far. They are great on a a bagel!

The flavored butter is in a white crock, usually towards the center of the buffet. They usually have a different flavor every day. I've tried the strawberry, peach, blueberry and honey cinnamon so far. They are great on a a bagel!

I've always noticed the butter in the little crock. It's by the cream cheese I sometimes get. NEVER KNEW it was flavored butter. :confused::confused: Is it marked as such, because if it IS, I have never seen it on any of the ships we have sailed. :confused::confused:

Most of the time the omelet station cook doesn't have a bowl and none of the eggs are already cracked and beaten so getting soft scrambled eggs doesn't work. He just cracks it in the pan and pushes the egg around so you get a white/yellow mess.

On our last cruise they already had eggs (not beaten) cracked open into bowls. I usually don't go for scrambled anyway. I like mine cooked over easy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most of the time the omelet station cook doesn't have a bowl and none of the eggs are already cracked and beaten so getting soft scrambled eggs doesn't work. He just cracks it in the pan and pushes the egg around so you get a white/yellow mess.

If you ask the cook to scramble them in a bowl they will.