My Time Dining

Ocean Spirit

We've never have tried the My Time Dining. We enjoy meeting other people while cruising. If you choose My Time Dining, can you ask to be seated with others or do they always just put you at a table by yourself?

You can request to be seated with others... The majority of people doing my time dining seem to not want to sit with others, but some are like yourself and don't mind. I would think depending on the time you go, sometimes you may be seated with others, or at times you may be just seated by yourselves.

Even if you aren't seated with others, it has been my experience that the tables are so close and people are so friendly, that we end up holding conversations with those at the adjacent tables.

Soooo close! We always end up talking to our neighbors, its almost hard not to!:)

We are very sociable and chat with people during all the activities on the ship.

At dinner we prefer to eat by ourselves OR to ask folks we've met on the ship if they'd like to join us.

We pick Your Time Dining so we can pick our dinner partners and not just eat with strangers with whom we have nothing in common. If we have a nice conversation with folks at other times on the ship and they also have YTD we can make a plan to meet at dinner too.

You can ask to be seated with others if you like but I don't know how many people choose YTD and want to be seated with strangers??

we have ytd and always ask to be seated at a large (6 or more) table but have consistently found (been at least 15 cruises since we switched from late seating) that if you get there too late (8pm on...?) you may end up sitting at that table alone. soooooo now we try to get there by 7.30 latest.

Just off the Miracle (10/3 & 11/7). Both times sat with our own party, doesn't matter to us where we sit.

The hostesses were saying that on the regular cruises most want to sit with their own party. The longer cruises (Hawaii) people were willing to share tables.

For HI we had minimal waits. For these two past 7 day cruises we had to wait about 20-30 minutes each night to be seated, no matter the time we arrived.

We've enjoyed talking with other tables at YTD but enjoy more that no one is seated with us so it doesn't feel mandatory (those 2-tops are close together though!). I don't know how many people pick YTD and want to be seated with others, but you can certainly request it and they'll try to accommodate you, I'm sure.

If you want tablemates, the best way is to do traditional seating at a large table. Most YTD folks don't like tablemates! Any you won't know if you have anything in common, until you meet people! Everyone on the ship has cruising in common already!!!

If you want tablemates, the best way is to do traditional seating at a large table. Most YTD folks don't like tablemates! Any you won't know if you have anything in common, until you meet people! Everyone on the ship has cruising in common already!!!

One good thing about a big table at YTD is that if you don't like those table mates, you're not stuck with em all week! lol

We usually eat with our group (since we always have 6-10 of us anyways) but I do like mixing it up and meeting new people, or having the option to dine with new friends we've met on board!