Quantum on Mighty Cruise Ships Next Week

I am finding this series on cruise ships quite good and very interesting and look forward to seeing what ships are being featured.

Ditto! Recorded last night's, looking forward to watching.

The timing is good too with the season getting in full swing now.

Just wish they would show us a bit more of the parts of the ships eg staterooms public areas etc that we would be interested in instead of just the "contrived situations and problems" that always appear to happen on the particular cruise that they are filming. Still a great program and shows the behind the scenes action that many of us do not get to see.(Unless you work at the OPT or the like :D:D)

Just wish they would show us a bit more of the parts of the ships eg staterooms public areas etc that we would be interested in instead of just the "contrived situations and problems" that always appear to happen on the particular cruise that they are filming. Still a great program and shows the behind the scenes action that many of us do not get to see.(Unless you work at the OPT or the like :D:D)

Yes agree, you have a point...but as you say still a great program :)

Fantastic! :D What are they?

The Aria next week, the Solstice for NYE 2015, The Explorer of the Seas in Feb for a sampler, NCL's Epic in the Western Med in April followed by a B2B Celebrity Constellation (Italy & Greek Isles and Dalmatian Coast) April & May, the Golden Princess in Nov and then the Ovation for NYE 2016.:D

The Aria next week, the Solstice for NYE 2015, The Explorer of the Seas in Feb for a sampler, NCL's Epic in the Western Med in April followed by a B2B Celebrity Constellation (Italy & Greek Isles and Dalmatian Coast) April & May, the Golden Princess in Nov and then the Ovation for NYE 2016.:D

Wow, that's a great list! Good for you! :D

Watched this. Some of the scenarios depicted were a little contrived (i.e. difficulties berthing the ship in "windy" weather as Royal Caribbean regularly sails their largest ships to that area you'd think they would have it pretty much nailed by now). Not much of the staterooms to see but lots of behind the scenes stuff which was good.

What I found interesting was that they took on extra provisions during the cruise. I thought most cruises fully provisioned for the entire cruise at the point of departure. Saw this also happen on the Celebrity Solstice episode a couple of weeks back too.

Watched this. Some of the scenarios depicted were a little contrived (i.e. difficulties berthing the ship in "windy" weather as Royal Caribbean regularly sails their largest ships to that area you'd think they would have it pretty much nailed by now). Not much of the staterooms to see but lots of behind the scenes stuff which was good.

What I found interesting was that they took on extra provisions during the cruise. I thought most cruises fully provisioned for the entire cruise at the point of departure. Saw this also happen on the Celebrity Solstice episode a couple of weeks back too.

The mighty ships shows are usually based around exaggerated situations. They talked about the ships mighty size and power allows it to fight "massive" 3m seas. When a ship half its size and power could handle those conditions without much effort.

cruises regularly take on provisions at docked ports as it helps with the freshness of the fruit and veg as well as storage space on the ship. as for the contrived situations, it is all to make the show that little bit more dramatic. It would be great if they concentrated more on some of the various staterooms but they would likely just show the top suites.