Sailing on Adventure in May 2016 - have questions

mamichelle

Forgive me if I'm not seeing the info on the threads, but there is so much, it's overwhelming!

I am flying into St. Juan. I asked my travel agent how we would get from the airport to dock and she said taxi is cheaper. My brother-in-law is paranoid and wants to use RCI for transfers. I cannot find anything on their site other than in my docs. It says I haven't chosen any transfers but it doesn't give an option. Do I have to call directly? Or should we just use a taxi?!

How can I get the days til cruise in my signature. I did it two years ago but can't find it now!

Thanks in advance.:)

Forgive me if I'm not seeing the info on the threads, but there is so much, it's overwhelming!

I am flying into St. Juan. I asked my travel agent how we would get from the airport to dock and she said taxi is cheaper. My brother-in-law is paranoid and wants to use RCI for transfers. I cannot find anything on their site other than in my docs. It says I haven't chosen any transfers but it doesn't give an option. Do I have to call directly? Or should we just use a taxi?!

How can I get the days til cruise in my signature. I did it two years ago but can't find it now!

Thanks in advance.:)

The taxi service in San Juan is reliable, regulated and easy to find. On my only cruise there we took a taxi to a hotel and then to the dock in the morning.

Royal transfers as a rule of thumb (I haven't used them since 2009) are slow and over priced. What day are you sailing?

As for the countdown clock, there is a link at the top of this page. You have to generate the code then add it to your signature.

Edited by BillOh

Aha! I knew it was easy. Thank you!

We are sailing on 5/7. Will talk my brother-in-law into the taxi!

I was thinking we would be on the same cruise, but I'm not going on ADV until 2017. Have a good cruise.

I agree with Bill - there are lots of taxi's - you will know the cost before you get into the cab. The RCCL bus transfer cost is much higher and you have to wait for the bus to fill up and then the wait as all of the luggage is taken off. Less hassles and cost with the taxi!!!!

I understand your BIL completely! I do not travel much, so when I do, I like to have everything planned out and scheduled. With that being said, I decided that taking a taxi would be the most cost effective means to get to the pier in San Juan.

I was nervous taking a taxi, but it was super-easy and there was no wait at all. On a review or maybe on the San Juan departures page, someone had posted a copy of the taxi form they give you. When you get in line for a taxi, they give you a form where you check off how many people you have and how much luggage you have and it tells you exactly how much you will pay. I think it cost about $25 total + tip for my family of 5, but I can't remember exactly.

I understand your BIL completely! I do not travel much, so when I do, I like to have everything planned out and scheduled. With that being said, I decided that taking a taxi would be the most cost effective means to get to the pier in San Juan.

I was nervous taking a taxi, but it was super-easy and there was no wait at all. On a review or maybe on the San Juan departures page, someone had posted a copy of the taxi form they give you. When you get in line for a taxi, they give you a form where you check off how many people you have and how much luggage you have and it tells you exactly how much you will pay. I think it cost about $25 total + tip for my family of 5, but I can't remember exactly.

The taxi guy that assigns you a cab took care of filling out the form for us every time we've waited in line. I just gave him the information he was requesting. Then he handed me a copy of the filled out form.

Have cruised out of San Juan 3 times in last 5 years. Never a problem with the Taxi. Always felt safe and doesn't take too long. Don't do the transfer, it will be a bus, you will be waiting then waiting some more and after you wait a little longer you will finally leave for the boat. Loading and unloading and collecting bags is all a mess. Tell BIL to have a drink at the airport and relax.

My first cruise out of San Juan is in October of '16. Is it not like the Florida ports?

Meaning. I always pay extra for RCCL transfers just so I don't have to deal with my luggage once I get out of the airport. They put it on the bus and that's the last I have to mess with it until it is waiting outside the room.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off AOS this past Saturday. We used RCL transfers from the airport to ship and it was horrible. There were 7 people waiting for the shuttle and it took an hour for us to get picked up. It was longer for the people that arrived ahead of us. The representatives at baggage claim kept on calling for the bus but they wouldn't come. Once they finally arrived, I'm convinced that the bus they put us in didn't have any shocks. After the cruise, we used a taxi to take us from the ship to the airport. Taxis were sitting and waiting for passengers to come off the ship. My wife, son, and I were met immediately and we were on a taxi (the only passengers on that taxi) within 2 minutes. It cost us a grand total of $25 for the three of us to go from the ship to the airport. In Puerto Rico, I'll never use the RCL transfers again.

My first cruise out of San Juan is in October of '16. Is it not like the Florida ports?

Meaning. I always pay extra for RCCL transfers just so I don't have to deal with my luggage once I get out of the airport. They put it on the bus and that's the last I have to mess with it until it is waiting outside the room.

Take a taxi...when you get to the port, the driver will take the bags out of the trunk...and the porters will come and get them. It's not a hassle at all.