Can I ask a Grand Cayman question here to get the opinion of Celebrity Passengers?

AnnaMiami

We will be stopping in Grand Cayman on the Silhouette this week. I've peroused both Trip Advisor and the Cayman Islands message board, but would really, REALLY love Celebrity passengers' input on a nice quiet beach day. It seems that all that's being recommended are big tourist spots where there are hundreds of chairs lined up on top of each other, and it's totally not what we want. I was in Grand Cayman years ago with my parents and we went to a beautiful peaceful small hotel that had 30 loungers, not too many people, a nice bar, food you could order and almost nobody there. Cannot for the life of me remember what the name was, but that's exactly what I'm hoping to find again. Oh, and we're sailing tomorrow so this is kind of a last minute-should have planned better- no excuses request :D

It's pretty tough to find a quiet beach now, in my experience. Hotels are no longer offering day passes. Cemetery Beach looks good especially for snorkeling UT has no facilities. Beach clubs are busy but have facilities, restaurants etc.

Please report back if you do find anything when you are there as we will be there in a couple of weeks.

It's pretty tough to find a quiet beach now, in my experience. Hotels are no longer offering day passes. Cemetery Beach looks good especially for snorkeling UT has no facilities. Beach clubs are busy but have facilities, restaurants etc.

Please report back if you do find anything when you are there as we will be there in a couple of weeks.

We've just booked a room at a hotel, especially for a long day in port, when we really wanted to spend a quite day at the beach, and a guest pass was not available.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

But the best place is on the ship.

Let everyone leave, leisurely breakfast, empty pool area, snack at lunch, empty pool area, lie back and enjoy!

Just a suggestion. We have visited this island many times and now see it as a sea day for us.

Hope you find a nice resort, or enjoy our suggestion but it is a secret so don't let everyone know or the ship will be crowded!

Happy cruising.

Grand Cayman has probably gotten a lot more touristy since you last visited so beach options meeting your criteria are probably not as abundant. Let's hope the winds cooperate and you can actually stop. Grand Cayman is a tender port and if the waves are too rough they won't disembark or may actually call you back early (happened to us once).

Anyway as for beaches hmmmmm, just about everybody fixates on 7 mile beach which is actually more like 5.5 miles long. Truth be told it is one of the quintessential Caribbean beaches. There are a number of areas along this stretch to consider and perhaps one or more might be suitable. Here's a link that may be prove helpful.

http://www.explorecayman.com/grand-cayman-beaches

PS: I point out the matter of being recalled back to the ship early only as a precaution. If once you are on shore winds and wave action pickup such that they that necessitate the ship recalling passengers and if you have ventures too far afield on your own you might not know that you need to return to get tendered back early. So, if you will be off on your own and weather conditions are unsettled just be prudent so as to not end standing on the dock watching the cruise disappear over the horizon.

We have booked a cabana at the Royal Palms for a day. Here is a little info off their website.

SEVEN MILE BEACH CABANAS

Beach cabanas enable you to truly enjoy Seven Mile Beach. Each cabana has a shaded table with 4 chairs, 4 lounge chairs, beach service attendant and a roped off area for your use just feet away from the sea. Any additional lounge chairs are $10 each. The $2 entrance fee is waived for up to 4 people with each cabana rental. To ensure the comfort of our guests there are no more than 6 people permitted in a cabana area. We do not provide towels. Make sure to bring one with you.The cost is $100US per cabana per day.

POOLSIDE CABANAS WITH LOUNGE CHAIRS ON THE BEACH.

The party is around the pool. Enjoy the swim up pool bar and live entertainment from DJ Glenroy. Each cabana has a shaded table with 4 chairs, a poolside service attendant. 4 lounge chairs are provided on the beach for your pleasure. Any additional lounge chairs are $10 each. The $2 entrance fee is waived for up to 4 people with each cabana rental. To ensure the comfort of our guests there are no more than 6 people permitted in a cabana area. Just a reminder, due to our insurance policy children and young adults under 18 are not permitted in the pool. Also, the Dj plays most cruise ship days however there are some when he is not available. The cost is $100US per cabana per day.

Refund Guarantee If your ship is unable to dock you will not be charged. You may cancel at no charge up to 48 hours in advance. Your credit card will not be billed until the day of your arrival.

This could be what you're looking for.

We rented a car, drove out to Cementary Beach. Our 7th or so time in to GC.

This was one of the most pristine and beautiful spots we have visited there in years. Quite a few of the small boutique hotels were damaged in a hurricane a few years back, and have changed mgt hands.

image.jpg.c9e4c58820930d01db51d94a3f1c625d.jpg

Oh, please...you're assuming EVERYONE on the ship goes to the same place.....not true. You're also assuming that ship's passengers are the only ones there! Not true! Folks LIVE there....people fly there to vacation....

Each island only allows what they can handle and accommodate. Go ashore...have fun. It's all good, and you will NOT find "hundreds of people" on top of one another!

We went to small hotel...maybe a best western or comfort suites....but not sure of the name...on 7 mile beach. They offered free use ofa really nice swimming pool, pathway to beach...lunch at the outdoor patio restaurant bar..may have been called Coconuts but not coconut joes.. it was just a little outdoor bar and eatery...great food...sorry I have no idea if it is there..

it was awhile ago but it was quiet and lots if fun...the kind of day we hoped fir away from the crowds...dh watched cricket at the bar with some locals...easy cab back to the ship,,.

Sorry...it was quite awhile ago and the Tee shirt with bar name is packed away!

Have fun!

Edited by hcat