Mini-Bars: If there was a vote...

If there was a vote regarding the mini-bars and whether RCCL should keep them or get rid of them, what would be the numbers? I gotta think 99% or more would vote to get rid of these things. Exactly who buys anything from these things? Seems like they just annoy customers (take up space in fridge, potential for fraudulent charges), and the cost of maintaining them has to cost the cruise line more than they bring in.

I'm not talking about getting rid of the mini fridge. Leave us with the empty fridge. But as for all the over priced stuff inside it? Get rid of it! Nobody and I mean nobody would miss it, and it would save the cruise line money not having to baby sit these things.

One of the first things I do when we get in our cabin is empty the mini and put everything on the shelf to get ready for when our own water and gator-aid show up. No bother to do it. Someone must be buying the stuff or they would have stopped filling them long ago.

Oj

If there was a vote regarding the mini-bars and whether RCCL should keep them or get rid of them, what would be the numbers? I gotta think 99% or more would vote to get rid of these things. Exactly who buys anything from these things? Seems like they just annoy customers (take up space in fridge, potential for fraudulent charges), and the cost of maintaining them has to cost the cruise line more than they bring in.

I'm not talking about getting rid of the mini fridge. Leave us with the empty fridge. But as for all the over priced stuff inside it? Get rid of it! Nobody and I mean nobody would miss it, and it would save the cruise line money not having to baby sit these things.

You can vote. It's called a survey.

Really?!

Not being a wise-arse, I just cant believe anyone pays those crazy prices.

We purchase items out of it all the time.

Frankly, unless you're paying for my cruise, could care less what you feel are crazy prices.

The mini fridge in the cruise cabin and in hotel rooms ( for those who stay in hotels above a Motel 8 level) are for the benefit of the proprietor (revenue source) not for the benefit of the guest

Really?!

Not being a wise-arse, I just cant believe anyone pays those crazy prices.

Post 3 touched on it. Its there because cruisers use it

Its like specialty restaurants, we eat in them every cruise, several nights, and there are a number of cruisers who will not eat there because they prefer the meals paid for in the cruise price, its our choice

Edited by setsail

The mini fridge in our cabin on Serenade did not keep items very cool. We got the cabin steward to get us a large bucket for ice and we kept our water in that.

The bar staff that replenishes the mini-bar came while we were in our cabin on the first sea day. I mentioned how warm it was. He felt the soda, etc. and said --yes, it was not cool at all. He told us he would write down that it was not working and stop coming to check on it.

I thought it was interesting that he did not say that he would get it fixed. :rolleyes:

You should do a poll instead, this way people will just click on one of the choices and below can post what they have to say. This will give you percentages.

WE only use the diet cokes in the mini fridge as we like to drink them while getting dressed in the morning. Not coffee drinkers and the cabin air is dry, so we want something to drink in the morning with caffeine.

Dear RCCL

Thank you for providing as a courtesy the opportunity of an honour bar in my stateroom.

Maybe an alternative would be to have the Steward offer to either keep the honour bar locked up, or unlocked at guests requests.

Otherwise, I understand and respect that the honour bar is provided as a convenience to the guest to make purchases.

NOT as a personal cooler.

We use the water, and sodas out of the " Cooler ",

So I would vote to keep them.

Also I put my insulin in there to keep it cool.

I love to go get some extra, Cheesecake Lollipops, and keep them in there as well.

That way the white chocolate is still nice and firm.