May cancel BI cruise

flannbarr

:cool:

Wow - what an incredibly [insert appropriate word here] thing to say. "Politically correct"? What does that mean? I'm assuming you're, again, dissing the U.S. I wouldn't hesitate to visit London, Paris, New York City, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Berlin, Barcelona [insert numerous cities here]. Why not stop painting countries with generalizations and furthering stereotype and, instead, post something worthwhile.

Well said! Many thanks.

Wow - what an incredibly [insert appropriate word here] thing to say. "Politically correct"? What does that mean? I'm assuming you're, again, dissing the U.S. I wouldn't hesitate to visit London, Paris, New York City, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Berlin, Barcelona [insert numerous cities here]. Why not stop painting countries with generalizations and furthering stereotype and, instead, post something worthwhile.

I'm right there with you, thanks for the post…

the word i would insert is "absurd "

What happened in Paris is tragic, yes, but there were more people in Paris who did not get shot. The odds are in your favor. These attacks happened in areas that are not routinely visited by tourists. Part of that probably has to do with the fact that touristic Paris is heavily guarded with armed security everywhere. I was there in June, and I felt perfectly safe.

However, if anyone wants to cancel travel plans, that's good for me since the prices will begin to drop. ;)

If you not comfortable with the cruise you selected chose another cruise. You won't enjoy this cruise if you feel that. We cruise where we think we will be safe. I know there's no guarantees but we feel better and can enjoy ourselves more. To each there own.

Your opinion and judgmental statements do not change the facts about the world lease read the post I was responding to and you will see that they used the words

"political correctness." :rolleyes:

We're also taking a BI cruise in May. I'm more worried about remembering which way to look before I cross the street since they drive on the wrong side of the road..

Hey, its the right side of the road - well actually its the left side 😀

Please don't stop coming to the UK - we have very good security but attacks can happen anywhere - don't let these excuses for human beings win 😡

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, I think you'll find we drive on the proper side of the road :D ;)

Tragic events in Paris, and I'm feeling very sad today

.......but, cancelling travel plans and causing fear and panic is what the terrorists want

Please don't let them win

Perhaps we should compromise and drive down the middle of the road.

To the OP,

If going on your BI cruise next year will cause stress, by all means cancel! Going on vacation should be relaxing, not looking over your shoulder waiting for the unexpected. Nothing wrong admitting your not sure you would be comfortable traveling abroad with what it going on in the world!

The first time I went to a concert in NYC after the towers came down, I admit I was scared ****, (traveling the subway, Madison Square Garden, Neil Diamond singing Coming to America, soldiers at every exit with big guns)my heart was pounding..but I luckily was able to come to the decision that although I would never put myself in harm's way, terrorism would not take away my freedom. But that is a personal decision that I am comfortable with.

I also have confidence that Princess would never sail into a port that knowingly was unsafe. Back in July 2013, our Captain sent a letter to all passengers about our next days' stop in Istanbul. It pretty much told us there was small protesting going on, so be alert and stay away from groups forming!! On another cruise, our Captain's letter about the port of Ensenada (muggings) made us stay on board.

I know you have a few months before final payment, maybe wait and see how you feel later. I'll be traveling the same time as you..pre cruise London..Baltic cruise..post cruise Paris!

All of us here on cc can give you great advice but only you know what is best for you. Enjoy life and keep cruising to a place that brings a smile to your face!!

Just to put it in perspective approximately 30,000 people are killed each year in USA and 30,000 died in car accidents in the USA each year. Compared to the 130+ that were killed in Paris. I am much more concerned for family and friends travelling to or living in the USA, then any friends or family in Europe.

Yes, what happened in Paris is Terrible and shocking but is incredibly rare, and as such would be a low level risk compared to getting shot or being in a car accident. In this age of instant and constant news, people's sense of risk has been completely distorted. Human beings are terrible at judging risk because we give so much weight to our emotional reactions. Terrorism is very scary and hardly anyone is scared of car, that's why no one thinks twice about hopping in to car but will worry about terrorism, but you are much more likely to die in car accident. There are some really interesting books about risk out there.

But if you are going to be worried about your vacation is not going to be fun. I would give it a couple of weeks and let your emotions calm down and then make a decision.

To the OP

If you are like me you saved, planned, hoped and dreamed of your cruise. Don't let terrorists take away your hopes and dreams.

The Parisiens are doing all they can to go back out and triumph over the terrorists.

Enjoy your cruise.